SNK Playmore is hiring 3D game designers for new projects

Yao

Quiz Detective
A year ago I was talking to an SNK staff member and he told me they currently weren't working on any new games. I thought he was bullshitting me, because the day after they released the job offer for 3D animations. Looks like he was telling the truth.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
*sigh* SNK/Playmore is making a new KOF. They reported it back in July last year. The company is super secretive other then that. Nobody knows why. My thought is as soon as they said they were going 3d everyone said it better be like Guilty Gear Xrd. Hopefully someone is pulling their heads out of their asses and is making something worth playing.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
*sigh* SNK/Playmore is making a new KOF. They reported it back in July last year.

I keep seeing you say this in different places around the site, and I'll ask again (since the last couple of times weren't answered...): what is your source? You're the only one I'm seeing that seems to 'know' beyond the shadow of a doubt that SNK *is* working on an actual game at this point. Care to share where you're getting this from?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
snkP trolled me again. I feel violated.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I keep seeing you say this in different places around the site, and I'll ask again (since the last couple of times weren't answered...): what is your source? You're the only one I'm seeing that seems to 'know' beyond the shadow of a doubt that SNK *is* working on an actual game at this point. Care to share where you're getting this from?

It's an old 2013 rumor that has been put to rest in this very thread.

Bakaboy is a liar/bullshitter and until proven otherwise I'd just ignore him.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Last edited:

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
attitude and assumptions

I've seen those. Nowhere does it say anywhere that this is 100% happening...it's just more people with friends of friend's uncle's cousin's whatever spreading what they 'heard' from some other guy who heard it from a teddy bear on a shelf.

You've proved nothing beyond the fact that you're a rumor monger with illusions of self importance. I asked a reasonable question and you gave me...rumors and attitude. What's astounding is your arrogance.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I've seen those. Nowhere does it say anywhere that this is 100% happening...

Yup you got me. That's why they posted pics at the time of the games producer, the game development floor and some of the overseas staff. It's all B.S., and the great people at neo-geo.com proved it right?

It's an old 2013 rumor that has been put to rest in this very thread.

Fact is you asked. I told you where to go and I get this back from you.

Now that sounds like attitude to me. What do you expect? Signed confession from the producer saying, "Yes we are still making a game!" Sorry to say with Playmore this is as good as it gets. Nothing is 100% without a shadow of a doubt. Who knows they might cancel the whole thing and say fuck it you know what I want to make now....... hentai cell phone games!!!!!!

Thing is this is the news we are privy to and until we hear no more KOF most people who saw this news think as I do that the next KOF is in development.

You've proved nothing beyond the fact that you're a rumor monger with illusions of self importance. I asked a reasonable question and you gave me...rumors and attitude. What's astounding is your arrogance.

I do like the rumor monger and illusions of self importance here. Seen my post number? Personally I can give a shit what people here think. I'm amused by the drama (which you seem to love BTW props). Mostly lurk but from time to time I post. I knew I shouldn't give 2 shits about people crying over no KOF titles and getting pissed cause Playmore makes money on easy to sell pachinko machines, but something told me you never saw the posts last year.

If you think it's all a lie. Sorry to waste your time, but mostly mine.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Sorry to waste your time, but mostly mine.

ppffffffffffflol

I know all those threads and I was putting less and less credence into their "speculation" (ie: translated korean bullshit) as time went on.
Someone from Taito leaked the deets to some guy at mmcafe or whatever? Do go on...

The announcement of Samurai Shodown Pachinko pretty much put a fork in that dream, but in case that wasn't enough we see that they've been working hard on bending other SNK franchises over a pachinko machine as well.

The rumors said they'd announce something in March/April...only a few more days before April ends, my friend!
Did you see any new announcements during those 2 months (that have nothing to do with pachinko?)

No.
You have nothing but threads full of second hand info and some korean gibberish from a guy who claims to work at Taito.
Sorry, but that's rumor mongering...whether you give a shit about anyone elses opinions or not makes no difference.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I, too, believe that these 3D projects might have been (at some point) meant to be used as the next games.

Whatever was the case, I just hope that they would at least release an enhanced version of KOFXIII. I would settle with 2 additional teams and a proper online mode :crying: Maybe throw the Russia stage there while at it :crying::crying::crying:

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
With that horrible Terry rendering, I am actually glad this wasn't A new Fatal Fury game. That shit would be horrible to look at.

I am a little curious as to why Terry is in his MOTW costume, yet, Geese is alive. Must be another bullshit alternate universe.

Last edited:

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Whatever was the case, I just hope that they would at least release an enhanced version of KOFXIII. I would settle with 2 additional teams and a proper online mode :crying: Maybe throw the Russia stage there while at it :crying::crying::crying:

Not a bad idea really.

If ArcSys can knock out 4x BlazBlue, Capcom 4x SF4's, Tecmo 2 or 3x DOA5's... then why can't SNK make a tasteful XIII 'update', for PS3 & PS4 (if need be)?

KOF XIII Special :keke:

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
Do you think think we'll see something related to this 3D modeling at E3 ?

Any predictions ?

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Do you think think we'll see something related to this 3D modeling at E3 ?

Any predictions ?

You've been missing a lot of threads on this, eh? SNKP is done making games, and there is nothing to announce at E3 because the three 'E's no longer apply to them.

Electronic - Pachinko is gravity based gaming, not electronic
Entertainment - Pachinko isn't entertaining
Expo - Pachinko doesn't deserve exposure

So my prediction is that the parent company of SNK will flourish while the SNK brand continues to die a slow death....until the IPs become forgotten and no longer usable as a pachinko marketing gimmick.

eathis

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I just wish it won't be phone games and pachinko games again

That's sad to say that but I don't for anything interesting from SNKP, I don't play KOF13 at all.
KOF2002UM and 98UM are awesome I often play it but this is the past, and a new 3D game doesn't sound good to me :(