new june date for classics 1-5

bojay1997

Kuroko's Training Dummy
The firmware update should be free and available for download to everyone, not by forcing people to buy overpriced ROMs.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's only a matter of time before the firmware update gets ripped and hosted just like all the ROMs.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
I can't believe people still get excited over this piece of shit.

Cool story, I just run MAME on my laptop, run a HDMI cable to the TV, and plug in my HRAP.

I can play the entire Neo library that way without paying a dime for some garbage handheld, and garbage SD card.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
my order was shipped from Bestsku today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll get it by end of this week!!! WooHoo~~~~~~~

mosaic

n00b
New packs have started shipping apparently. Curious to see what the firmware update actually fixes and if it tries to prevent modding. There are definitely areas that Tommo could have done better, but for me if they allow owners to adjust the screen aspect or video overlays, I'd be pretty happy as my nostalgia for the Neo Geo doesn't run deep enough to justify owning actual hardware or buying downloads for systems that may one day not work at Sony/Microsoft's whims.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Not sure if this video has been posted yet. Cant believe the size of the mega pack case... for a SD Card...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9xC9F9uWhc

I think the reasoning behind it is the case becomes mulitpurpose. Inside is the travel charger, game card and a slot that makes the snaplock also become a storage case for the system itself, as well as the rest of the gear. Makes more sense than having an entire snaplock for just one puny thing. Though that's not exactly beyond the realm of possibility. Anyone else remember when PC game boxes were stupid huge to house a single jewel case?

Uberrich

n00b
Still have some Sega CD and Playstation games with the huge jewel case. :p Little dissapointed that the Mega case is there answer to a NGX case (Would have liked to have had it more portable. :p). Gonna support Tommo no matter what (Cause i wanna see more games come out for this. Windjammers !! :D); however, hoping the update will still with the modded cards. :p

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Still have some Sega CD and Playstation games with the huge jewel case. :p Little dissapointed that the Mega case is there answer to a NGX case (Would have liked to have had it more portable. :p). Gonna support Tommo no matter what (Cause i wanna see more games come out for this. Windjammers !! :D); however, hoping the update will still with the modded cards. :p

I don't see why the update would block the use of modded cards, the only mod I could reasonably see the update affecting would be any mod done internally, or the dingux dual boot mod. I'm going to be curious to see if the save function that's added will also carry over to games loaded from a modded card, though.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I continue to be extremely grateful that I don't own one of these.

pipes

LOL Rocket Cable.

Yes, because waiting 7 months for a simple charging adapter would be ridiculous. A "ROCKET CABLE" on the other hand - now that's something worth waiting for. Rocket cables, turbo buttons, etc... - this is every Neo Geo enthusiasts dream come true.

Also, a big congratulations to everyone on finally being able to charge your "portable" outside of your house.

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
Apparently the rocket cable has already destroyed a few NGX systems. Took out the charging ports. LOL.

More like missile cable.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I still would like to know what a rocket cable even is.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I still would like to know what a rocket cable even is.

From the pics I've seen it's nothing special, just a little doodad with a usb port on one end and a jack for the 'official' NGX power cord to plug directly into on the other. That's it...

Endlessnameless

They call me Gringo,
ngx_wet.jpg

ROFL.......this

pipes

That's right - just hold that NGX stick in your hands, close your eyes and pretend it's the real thing X'ers.

edit: turn the volume down too - I almost forgot about the shitty sound quality.

Last edited:

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
I received mega pack today. The snap case feels cheap-made. I'll try to post some pics later.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Is it a snap lock case with manual baggie?