Metal Slug 3 Super MVS Converter II Woes

GameLifter

New Challenger
I have ended up with two copies of Metal Slug 3 over the past few weeks. One is a boot and the other is legit. The boot copy resets all the time when played on the Super MVS Converter II but this is to be expected. The legit copy I have worked fine when it first arrived but it started to reset on me as well and show bad graphical glitches. I decided to clean the contacts and they were extremely dirty! After going through a dozen cotton swabs, I tried it again and it worked a little better but it still resets on me frequently.

I understand that Metal Slug X has issues with this converter after looking through the forums but is it common for Metal Slug 3 and the other Slugs to have issues? Or am I just extremely unlucky? The console I have is an American console with a low serial number and it uses a 5-3 AC adapter. The converter I got was the one from the Neo-Store that has a blue LED and black shell.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Make sure everything is clean. MVS cart, converter female, converter male and system slot.

GameLifter

New Challenger
Make sure everything is clean. MVS cart, converter female, converter male and system slot.

Didn't think of cleaning the system slot. Is there a safe way of doing that without bending the pins? I may try cleaning the Metal Slug 3 cart again because it was still dirty even after going through so many cotton swabs and Weidmans. I may need to use an eraser to clean it which would be the first time for me having to go that extreme to clean a game! If it still doesn't work after that I may have to say eff it and seriously consider getting a CMVS one day.

I forgot to mention in my first post that all my other MVS games have worked flawlessly on the converter, even my boot of Prehistoric Isle 2. There is something about Metal Slug 3 that the converter and/or my system doesn't like.

EDIT: I tried opening the cart to clean it some more and the contacts didn't look too dirty anymore so I decided not to mess with them. The contacts did have vertical scratches on them so I don't know if this is causing my problems or not.

Last edited:

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Didn't think of cleaning the system slot. Is there a safe way of doing that without bending the pins? I may try cleaning the Metal Slug 3 cart again because it was still dirty even after going through so many cotton swabs and Weidmans. I may need to use an eraser to clean it which would be the first time for me having to go that extreme to clean a game! If it still doesn't work after that I may have to say eff it and seriously consider getting a CMVS one day.

I forgot to mention in my first post that all my other MVS games have worked flawlessly on the converter, even my boot of Prehistoric Isle 2. There is something about Metal Slug 3 that the converter and/or my system doesn't like.

EDIT: I tried opening the cart to clean it some more and the contacts didn't look too dirty anymore so I decided not to mess with them. The contacts did have vertical scratches on them so I don't know if this is causing my problems or not.

I use an old toothbrush and 90% alcohol. Works wonders.

GameLifter

New Challenger
Well, still can't get the game to work on my converter. I know someone who has an MVS cabinet. If it doesn't work on there, then I got screwed.

Last edited:

NinSEGA

Banned
Alcohol is a terrible substance to use on electronics and I don't know why so many enthusiasts recommend it.

Instead of being cheap, pick up some of this stuff-

51ueq--i4tL._SL500_SS100_.jpg and use cotton swabs to scrub off the corrosion.

I use this stuff all the time and it fires things up instantly.