Gameboy Micro - why the new love?

Boredom

Morden's Lackey
OG GBA with a backlight mod is the ultimate GBA handheld. The controls just can't be beat, and the Warioware Twisted cartridge was designed for it. Plus it's not missing any features like the Micro or the DS' backwards compatibility.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The buttons and dpad on the original are a little too small for my tastes, otherwise I would agree with you. I'm still thinking about doing the backlit LCD replacement on my old OG GBA just for kicks, I mean, it's not doing anything else.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
lucky you, got mine for $60 from a gamestop when they were trying to clear out stock.

CFinley

Banned
The buttons and dpad on the original are a little too small for my tastes, otherwise I would agree with you. I'm still thinking about doing the backlit LCD replacement on my old OG GBA just for kicks, I mean, it's not doing anything else.

This looks amazing. I too prefer the SP but I have only used a backlight OG GBA a few times and the mod was definitely worth it for even how little I have used it

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I remember when they came out I think I had just gotten the SP. It seemed not so worth getting.

I would buy one right now if I had any of my GBA games. I wasn't a huge fan of the system anyway.

indierocklocks

Geese's Thug
I played one of these for the first time a few weeks ago-- and I must say I was impressed. I personally thought the build quality seemed better than the SP (I've seen far too many snapped/floppy hinges on them). The screen also looked great, and that could be the fact that it's so damn small. As others have stated though...it's TINY, but in my opinion...not uncomfortable at all.

Bummed I sold my GBA m3 card and that collectors are upping the price on these bad boys.

ColdWolf35

King's Dry Cleaner
I played one of these for the first time a few weeks ago-- and I must say I was impressed. I personally thought the build quality seemed better than the SP (I've seen far too many snapped/floppy hinges on them). The screen also looked great, and that could be the fact that it's so damn small. As others have stated though...it's TINY, but in my opinion...not uncomfortable at all.

Bummed I sold my GBA m3 card and that collectors are upping the price on these bad boys.

I'm guessing that's Mother 3 you're talking about?

I saw an auction with the cart only, and it sold for hundreds of dollars. Too bad the people that bid on the damn thing didn't know about the $55 reproduction of it.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'm guessing that's Mother 3 you're talking about?

I saw an auction with the cart only, and it sold for hundreds of dollars. Too bad the people that bid on the damn thing didn't know about the $55 reproduction of it.

I think he's talking about the M3 flash cart. I sold my boxed Mother 3 last year for a steal. Don't miss it one bit.

indierocklocks

Geese's Thug
I think he's talking about the M3 flash cart. I sold my boxed Mother 3 last year for a steal. Don't miss it one bit.

I was talking about the m3 flash CART...panda knows because (I think) it was manufactured in his homeland of China. I wish I made hundreds on a copy of Mother 3 though.

Ghudda

New Challenger
i got one just to play bulletgba on.
Wish i could find some more faceplates.
Wow, I had no idea that this exists. I'll have to try it out.
I was in a similar boat like everyone else, bought one because I never owned one, was awesome for a few days until I found myself having to hold it unjustifiably close to my face, and then bought a backlit modded original GBA and called it a day. It's a cool little hand held to own, and is certainly unique, but is inferior to the other GBA/GBA SP alternatives. The small display does look incredibly sharp. It now rests in it's little silken bag in my closet.

Mercuttio

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
lucky you, got mine for $60 from a gamestop when they were trying to clear out stock.

It's so funny to see it as a desired item now. I remember Nintendo making a huge deal about it as a "Luxury" portable, and what a tremendous failure that was. The construction is the best Nintendo ever had... their current portables are such tacky plastic crap.

My Micro was lost in a move years ago. I still mourn it.