Firmware update video

ChrisB

Another Striker
Neo Geo Turbo enabled! :( this is retarded and pathetic. Tommo are muppets.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
I'm sure the firmware update is really going save the NGX from a early grave, yeah right!

Tommo, for shame.

YANDMAN

NEST Puppet
I dont understand this new video, can somebody who owns an X tell me what they did before when you switched it on, Surely it filled the screen anyways??

Superdanx

Goal! Goal! Goal!
10 Year Member
I think it eliminates overscan, some games had the top or bottom parts cut off on some TV's. It's not clearly explained or demonstrated.

EDIT: Confirmed on NGX Facebook page. Eliminates overscan. A useful fix at last.

Last edited:

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I dont understand this new video, can somebody who owns an X tell me what they did before when you switched it on, Surely it filled the screen anyways??

It does, on my 4:3 CRT and my 16:9 HDTV.

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I am not sure who it is that's doing these video's, but they shouldn't quit their day job.

Fucking terrible explanations. Just piss poor with no details.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Meh, at least this seems like a partial fix for something that was actually wrong with it. I might consider taking notice if through some crazy twist of fate they actually have addressed the screen tearing and lack of save feature...

YANDMAN

NEST Puppet
I am not sure who it is that's doing these video's, but they shouldn't quit their day job.

Fucking terrible explanations. Just piss poor with no details.

You know who it is, its the Retro Games master of course

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
You know who it is, its the Retro Games master of course
kachotrailerthumb.jpg

Gamemaster

20 Year Member

This Video made me want to buy a NGX now. LOL
As for the turbo mode, thats something you can do without much trouble.
By the way i will test out my Raspberry Pi with Retropie installed on it. From YT videos i can say Neo-Geo Emulation looks pretty good. Plus a lot other consoles you can also emulate with it.
Cost 25$ a raspi.... Hmm maybe ppl should try build a rapberry pi into the NGX.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
That is at least something that people were complaining about. Time will tell, I suppose. I am waiting for the hammer to drop though, and then we will see that while they have 'fixed' (read: unfucked) several minor points, they will be introducing new FEATURES (like the stupid turbo thing) that will completely ruin what they finally did right.

Superdanx

Goal! Goal! Goal!
10 Year Member
When Metal Slug boots in 16:9 across the top of the screen it says this:

SPEED 1. 0 FPS V: 60 Liner

When it boots in 4:3 it's says:

SPEED 1. 0 FPS V: 0 Liner

What does this mean? Speed probably refers to the (lol) 'Turbo feature' FPS=frames per second I guess? Liner?? What does any of this mean?

Superdanx

Goal! Goal! Goal!
10 Year Member
Also, if they have managed to implement saves for preferences I'd imagine we will see game save too.

He's very carefull not to show in game footage on the TV which could mean one of two things,

1) they've fixed the tearing and resolution and they don't want to show us yet.

2) They haven't fixed it :shame:

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Also, if they have managed to implement saves for preferences I'd imagine we will see game save too.

He's very carefull not to show in game footage on the TV which could mean one of two things,

3 guesses which one it is :lol:

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder

Where Tommo is concerned nothing surprises me with the NGX? One disappointment after another

YANDMAN

NEST Puppet
When Metal Slug boots in 16:9 across the top of the screen it says this:

SPEED 1. 0 FPS V: 60 Liner

When it boots in 4:3 it's says:

SPEED 1. 0 FPS V: 0 Liner

What does this mean? Speed probably refers to the (lol) 'Turbo feature' FPS=frames per second I guess? Liner?? What does any of this mean?

O.k i noticed this also and basically i would say as this is showing frame rate that this is an unfinished update of whatever it is, As many of you guys out there who operate MAME will probably know frame rate can be run for checking monitor setting if you are adopting a real monitor etc in the same way that you can also speed up frame rate thus giving you a "Turbo Mode " which is all they have done here, I firmly believe this is just tommo marketing stuff to stall the time lapse between the release of the game cards, If you were just a guy who happened to get a leaked firmware update and knowing how much interest there is to see if it will fix anything and you had that knowledge you would just fucking share it with the world.....Surely????

Not just make these rubbish short clip videos??

Im not Columbo or anything but...........

Gamemaster

20 Year Member

He's very carefull not to show in game footage on the TV which could mean one of three things,

3) Tommo laugh in your face !

Fixed

gamesboro

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Now this is a good feature! I hate having to flip it to 4:3 every single time

Superfrick

n00b
Man.. the piecemeal announcement of the fixes/changes is like a course on how not to announce these things. Give me a /changelog Tommo!

Oh, and while you're at it.. give me the patch!