Yet another Kunio Kun game is headed to 3DS in Japan

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
....... Famitsu reports Hot Blooded Tough Guy Kunio: Fighting Concerto is in the works for 3DS. The game is scheduled for release on August 8. Members from the original team are supervising the game, which has a brand new story.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/24/another-kunio-kun-game-is-hitting-3ds-in-august/

This marks the 3rd game in the series to come to 3DS. The first was a sequel to Renegade, while the second was a download-only spin off starring Riki, Kunio's side kick. It's a shame that the system is region locked, and we will probably never see these games released in the US.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Let's go beat down Atlus' door. They are our only hope right now.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
3DS is region locked (just in case you didn't know)

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I would think there is some publisher out there that could get this easily I would assume? How about a Kickstarter for the localization?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
http://www.the-magicbox.com/1304/game130426a.shtml

kuniokun1.jpg
kuniokun2.jpg

kuniokun3.jpg
kuniokun4.jpg

kuniokun5.jpg

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
Importing a 3ds seems more and more worth it as the time goes on now. Would love to see a fun looking game like this hit the states.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I just died inside looking at this.. I NEED it! I second beating the door down! Or something. Maybe enough whining and begging on the Miiverse! It worked for getting EarthBound released here, again!

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
No, the three games in this thread were all made by Arc System Games. This newly-announced follow up to RCR will be made by a Canadian studio. At least, we can be sure there will be an English release for this game.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Someone needs to hack that thing already, would gladly ignore all that online, eshop and update crap if I had to.

bugula

Member,
"Crash ‘n the Boys Are Roughhousing Their Way To Western 3DS Consoles"

Crash ‘n the Boys: Street Challenge — part of the famous Kunio-kun series in Japan — has been given an OFLC rating, which would suggest a 3DS Virtual Console release very soon.

Known in its native homeland as Bikkuri Nekketsu Shin Kiroku! Harukanaru Kin Medal, Crash ‘n the Boys: Street Challenge is a sports game with a large helping of comic violence. "It's certainly not a horrible game," we stated in our review of the 2009 Wii Virtual Console release. "But given the high quality of some of the other Track & Field simulations of the time period, it does feel rather inferior by comparison."

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...oughhousing_their_way_to_western_3ds_consoles

Last edited: