My Megadrive/Famicom/MVS Collection

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
The fruits of four years living and collecting in Japan, massive postal fee's, train fee's and hours spent scouring Akihabara for the best condition titles and more recently the forums after moving back to California. Still growing! Aiming at getting every decent game on the MVS in complete kit form, every decent Megadrive game complete and most every decent Famicom game I already own loose!(I perfer Famicom games loose, they look cooler outside of their boxes IMO.)

Most wanted item: Neo mini 19 cab with bonnet, if there is one in Cali, please tell me ASAP.

And yes, I play my games!

Items not pictured: All four NG Dev re-releases pre-ordered, Pier Solar HD: "I'm the Boss" Edition pre-ordered, both Watermelon Project X and Project Y backer Editions pre-ordered, Redux Steel Case pre-ordered, Sturmwind LE pre-ordered and Analogue Interactive Ebonized Ash CMVS Slime + 2 Ebonized Ash sticks on the way.

shelf1.jpg

shelf2.jpg

shelf3.jpg

shelf4.jpg

shelf5.jpg

pc1.jpg

pc2.jpg

pc3.jpg

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Serious work there, love it

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
The MVS kits are nice. Your must only buy what you like, not buying EVERYTHING. Smart move.

yoshi41

Crazed MVS Addict
Nice MD collection.

Was only twice in Japan (mid 90s) and spent my whole time in Akihabara. :D

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Nice buddy. I should hit you up next time I'm in the Sac area, would love to chat MD. ;)

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Nice buddy. I should hit you up next time I'm in the Sac area, would love to chat MD. ;)

Yea bud anytime. Still need to get The Ooze JP, and a few other pricier titles then I will have all the games I want. I only collect good games. Probably the only stinker in my collection is Tom and Jerry, but the JP version is quite rare and I found it new for a steal.

Thanks for the nice comments guys. I'll update as I get new stuff.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
I only collect good games. Probably the only stinker in my collection is Tom and Jerry, but the JP version is quite rare and I found it new for a steal.

Heh, that's kinda like my mentality when I collect for SFC, MD, PCE, 8bit fami etc... except I loosen it to "action" games only. No mahjong, dating sim, very few rpgs, etc etc.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Heh, that's kinda like my mentality when I collect for SFC, MD, PCE, 8bit fami etc... except I loosen it to "action" games only. No mahjong, dating sim, very few rpgs, etc etc.

Yea, for some reason I actually feel better about my collection when I have only good titles in it. When I have a crappy one in the mix, it just screams to me get me out and I feel better once I have. Something rewarding about having a shelf full of all A+ titles and nothing more. The minimalist in me I guess.

BTW where did you order that NES repro of the Konami Indiana-Jones type game? I sold my disk system and sorely miss that one. One of my favorite Famicom games.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Yea, for some reason I actually feel better about my collection when I have only good titles in it. When I have a crappy one in the mix, it just screams to me get me out and I feel better once I have. Something rewarding about having a shelf full of all A+ titles and nothing more. The minimalist in me I guess.

BTW where did you order that NES repro of the Konami Indiana-Jones type game? I sold my disk system and sorely miss that one. One of my favorite Famicom games.

I got the NES style repro of Miracle of Almana from Joe over at theNesDump.com

I'm not sure if he's still doing it, but shoot him a pm. I missed the forum thread when he originally offered it, but he still had some left over.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
Great collection and good work keeping it neat and tidy. Where did you get that really tall shelving unit? :)

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
I got the NES style repro of Miracle of Almana from Joe over at theNesDump.com

I'm not sure if he's still doing it, but shoot him a pm. I missed the forum thread when he originally offered it, but he still had some left over.

Ordering Almana, thanks. That game freaking rocks.

BTW you must vow to me that IF you ever sell your neo bonnet candy cab, you will approach me first. I'm going to San Diego next month to visit my sister in Oceanside. *wink wink*

God, I've wanted that bonnet cab for the past 10 years... Saw it in your collection pic!

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
That a nice set up dude,love the mvs collection
,cool

Thanks bud and sorry for getting pissy in your thread about the kit covers. I thought you destroyed all those original boxes at first, LOL.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Clean and elegant, looks great!

Coming from you, the king of clean and tidy, that means a lot. LMAO

Though I still have yet to buy one of your games, I always miss them. Namely the NOS shock troopers you had, I cried a few sleepless nights over that.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Ordering Almana, thanks. That game freaking rocks.

BTW you must vow to me that IF you ever sell your neo bonnet candy cab, you will approach me first. I'm going to San Diego next month to visit my sister in Oceanside. *wink wink*

God, I've wanted that bonnet cab for the past 10 years... Saw it in your collection pic!

It's unlikely, but if I do I'll shoot you a pm first man. At least I'd know it was going to someone that would truly appreciate it.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
It's unlikely, but if I do I'll shoot you a pm first man. At least I'd know it was going to someone that would truly appreciate it.

If you sold it to me, I'd literally stream tears of joy. I'm not being sarcastic.

I'm going to send you one PM a year asking you, I'm sure at some point you will. :) LOL

Actually, I used to play on one of these during my time in Japan and miss it. Even though it's not a nice setup for 2P, plus I've always loved the Japanese Neo-Geo face logo. This is one of the few cabs with it, and it's huge! Nostalgic cab for me.

Really hard to find one in decent condition or any at all in the US though.

Last edited:

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Everything in the right place.

Thanks Stefano. Your MS2 and Turfmasters are here!

Also, about MS5, sorry but I can't buy it now because shockingly NG.devteam re-released all releases. So I had to use my money on those. I think because of them, the Neo-Geo marketplace has slowed down quite a bit at present time...

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
Very clean and tidy, I like your style

Where did you get that shelving from with the doors?

Also I envy/want your dreamcast spare top shell :D