Nintendo 3DS XL Circle Pad Pro

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
What games support this? The only thing I can think of is Resident Evil Revelaitions off the top of my head.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
What games support this? The only thing I can think of is Resident Evil Revelaitions off the top of my head.
Nintendo's website said:
The Nintendo 3DS XL Circle Pad Pro is a comfortable cradle that holds the Nintendo 3DS XL system while adding an analog Circle Pad on the system's right side. The attachment also adds additional shoulder buttons to give it a feel more akin to traditional console controllers. It is designed as an optional accessory and is compatible with select titles, including Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Resident Evil Revelations, Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance], METAL GEAR SOLID 3D Snake Eater, and Kid Icarus: Uprising. Note: The Nintendo 3DS XL Circle Pad Pro is not compatible with the Nintendo 3DS.

It's in the link.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Interesting that they are not selling it through retailers at all. I'll have to make the plunge since switching to the XL...:/

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I've had mine (import version, which works fine with US 3DS XL) since Day One in Japan and it works perfectly fine with it.

And it makes the supported games MUCH better.

I wish they'd release a Circle Pad version of RE: The Mercenaries 3D for the US.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Good news for sure, but not sure if i need it at this point.

Even though I love it, I don't think I will be playing through Revelations again anytime soon on the 3DS, (especially if I end up getting the Wii U version).

Still kinda meh about Monster Hunter, not sure I am ever going to get that game to be honest. The demo is just a chore.

I would be interested in playing Snake Eater with it...but honestly not sure if I have the time or patience right now.

hmm, we'll see...

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Ordered it. This is one of those items I know i'll love for my 3DS XL.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
This has to be the absolute worth site I've ever tried to order from. I just can't pass the adress page because my adress does not exist in their system... :lolz:

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
This has to be the absolute worth site I've ever tried to order from. I just can't pass the address page because my address does not exist in their system... :lolz:

I had the same problem, though luckily I had made a profile when I pre-ordered XenoBlade and was able to use that option when my first try got shot down. Pretty bad ordering system for real though...

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I've only got one game that supports it and I don't even like the game. RE
I found the game easier to play without it.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Thanks to Renmauzo I have a 3DS with the circle pad pro coming in soon so I went and bought Monster Hunter for it. Wanted to play these games for a while and it looks incredible so I am looking forward to seeing how it is. I couldn't find a thread in this section for the game but if anyone can chime in on their experiences with the game I would like to hear it.

bugula

Member,
I gave the demo a shot over the weekend and the controls were infuriating without the additional analog and I couldn't get beyond that to even figure out what I was doing. Deleted the demo in disgust.

northernsoul

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
MH 3DS is basically Tri on the Wii, so much the same there. The playing experience is much better with the circle pad pro. I would reccomend not even bothering to play it without, especially if you are planning to put some hefty hours into it.

I few 3DS niggles, the text is almost unreadable at times on the 3DS. The graphics are pretty bad, but because of the smaller screen, the game actually looks better on the 3DS, unlike the Wii U version. It gets to be a pain transferring saves between Wii U and 3DS, so heads up there. But, if you are only playing on the 3DS, no worries.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
MH3 is exactly the same at the WiiU version. Character is transferrable between the platforms.
It's a bloody nightmare without the circle pad pro. You pretty much fight blind as the camera auto rotates behind you. So you are running away from the monster 90% of the time, which means you see nothing and just hope it doesnt slam into you.