Tony's Neo Driving PCB group order

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Original Thread

I have been sitting on this project for a while now and need some ideas from you guys. The original plan was to make a set number of the PCBs, sell them to members here, and donate everything to Cancer research in Tony's name. Zero profit/money to me, all procedes go directly to charity. I'll foot the bill on the PCB creation. However, I don't have a lot of time to assemble these. If there are others interested in helping, if they want to solder these or make kits we can do that too.

The PCB works great with all Driving games and even Pop n' Bounce. I mention using the Turbo Twist in that thread, but there are tons of other optical encoders out there that should work.

What I do know is shipping sucks lately in the US. International bubble wrap envelope costs around $7, US is about $2

I need recommendations on pricing these. Since this is a charity thing, I would like them to be a little higher than normal. Maybe like $20 per board + shipping? I dont know. If someone has an easy way to take payments that doesn't piss off PayPal, I'll need that help as well.

Just throw some ideas out there guys.

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
Hey Turfs
I'd be interested in helping, I can offer soldering/building and dispatch for UK and European people.

Let me know

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Im not great on the tech end of things, but any thing I can do to help out, just let me know.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Hmm, I wonder if we could get a bulk deal going for those Turbo Twists and sell complete kits with the board for a bit more. Especially since it looks like you had to do a custom lower res version of the Turbo Twist. I'd be willing to call them up and try and work out details if you'd like. See if we can work something out. That way out of the box people will have everything they need to have rotary controls, and can add the steering wheel of their choice later. Maybe shoot for a price of $100 for the kit and hopefully get a nice deal from Turbo Twist on the order.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
if you want a couple of extra sales, i could pop it on my website too. no charge of course.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
I guess it depends on whether they are pcbs without the components or fully functional kits. Kits at $20 seems reasonable I think, especially if it's a charitable thing for the Tony fund. I'd be in for something like this when you are eventually looking to sell btw :)

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
If someone with a completed kit could show it in action via YouTube, I think that could be a big promotional help. Even better if some of the game news sites pick it up.

alsmoneo

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I would totally be interested in a fully functional kit (as I am no tech).. Wouldn't mind paying a bit more since its charitable too.

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
For the Canucks Id be willing to assemble a few, just cover shipping.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I can solder and put together if you need help from the mid-west U.S.

Id be happy to purchase one or two also

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
I can help put some together also.

Warpedflash

Crazed MVS Addict
I would be up for having one of these in either kit or pre-built form. Happy to pay a premium for pre-built of course.

Would there be anyway to build this into an AES compatible controller?

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
NTM, this is an awesome thread and such a great idea... Tony would be really happy to see his creation being released like this.

Definitely put me down for one.. :)

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Free assembly from me as well, did a fair amount of component replacements on tv boards and majored in Art and stained glass, lots of soldering in that line of work. I'm up in MN, lemme know if you need a hand.

caius

n00b
I can assemble as many kits as you want, this will be for a right reason!
I'm located in Italy, please contact me.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Submitted the files for etching. 50 boards should arrive this time next month. Once I get them in and tested, I'll work on the next step.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I trust my soldering skills to myself only... I would never do work for someone (other than my brother) but I am interested in buying a board for sure.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Submitted the files for etching. 50 boards should arrive this time next month. Once I get them in and tested, I'll work on the next step.

Great news bud... looking forward to this one as I already have the perfect driving cab lined up for the pcb. :D

Can I donate my 30 bucks now...? :)

Loris Biaggi

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
As i wrote here i made a minicab with 2 spinners to play Pop 'n Bounce.
It works great and we are having a lot of fun with it, but i noticed the spinners are really 'sensible', i mean i have to turn it with minimum movements... check the video to see the problem.
I think it's with the circuit, because i tried the setup with another device (optical wheel) and does exactly the same.
Do you think it's possible to modify something to make it more realistic?

Loris Biaggi

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Any news about the boards?
I made a short review here for compatible games, i hope it can help.

Last edited:

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Bump.

Are these available anywhere? I'd love to play Bust-a-Move with something like this.