The French & NeoGeo X

Has anyone here ever decided to take a stroll through the French county side, take in a breath of the clean nuclear sanitized air, carrying baguettes under each arm and....

I mean has anyone here ever looked at the French NeoGeo X forum? (Yay for French I class and Google Translate!)

Unlike us here in the English speaking world, the French seem more enthusiastic about the NeoGeo X, sure they do know that it's an inferior unit compared to other offerings by other companies and is lacking in many features and could of been executed better, regardless they are more respectful. Rather than respond negatively to the NGX and rant, instead the "haters" seem more constructive and share their ideas to better improve the device through modding ideas or future update ideas.
They recognize it's a small budget device with developers who did the best they can with the resources at their disposal.

Browsing the blog and forum, besides there being a more positive atmosphere, you'll find posts which are filled with quite a few custom mods including custom system mods, dock mods, 3rd party games in the news, and not to mention, work on an X-Card (an alternative to the pricey Italian Magic SD Adapter or doing it yourself that doesn't require destroying many SD Adapters).

Such a vast difference to the English forums where every post is flooded by the same non-NGX owners or haters ranting the same arguments over and over since day 1... The screen sucks, the resolution sucks, the handheld sucks, the dock sucks, Tommo Sucks, this sucks, that sucks, you suck, I suck, sucks sucks sucks.... So much sucking from the haters *coughqueercough*. Anyways, it's been over 4 months, NGX fans don't care about your rants, ownership seemingly has increased steadily over the months around the world, you won't stop new potential owners, get over it, move on.

I suggest fans of NeoGeo X who are tired of the constant negativity and rants of the U.S. sites who are unable to get answers to questions or civilized replies to your inquiries due to the floods of rants, and/or are interested in mods, news, and updates to NeoGeo X Projects and Ideas in the works, I highly suggest seeking out the French NeoGeo X sites (I won't paste links in respect of this one).

Maybe if I get in the mood, since I do visit the French forums, I may translate and relay any noteworthy posts here (mods, development, etc).

----------------------

Example of what the French have to offer:

Couple months ago, Neslou, a French NeoGeo X forum member, unveiled plans to make low-cost professional SD <-> microSD adapter, named the X-Card. The X-Card with its modified pin layout is recognized by the NeoGeo X Handheld whatever its version.

A couple weeks ago, Neslou received the first five prototypes for beta testers to examine before launching production of the X-Card.

20130314.jpg
20130312.jpg
20130313.jpg

------

or another interesting mod for a 2nd SD Card drive which doesn't interfere with the current NGX SD Slot so you can launch games without an SD Hack, Extension or Adapter.

img1464z.jpg

Last edited:

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
Paris is the dog shit capital of the world, and the French are pussies.
Take from that what you will.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
I hear the French are into counterfeit Neo products.

Last edited:
Paris is the dog shit capital of the world

you got that right.. too many dogs and unlike the way American's are taught, they do not pick up after their dogs, instead the government does that for them. As a dog owner, I would love this, It's embarrassing carrying around baggies to pick up your dog's shit and carry it around until you come across the nearest trashcan (if any).

Anyways, that job in Paris must be a great job...
person 1: What do you do?
person 2: I'm a city employee.
person 1: oh? what do you do? Law Enforcement? Office Work? Technician? or...
Person 2: I pick up dog shit.

the French are pussies.
Take from that what you will.
They were the one and only country with the huge balls not afraid to stand up and say NO to the United States. That's far from pussy in my book.
On the other hand the U.S. threw a tantrum and cried in response (like a little pussy bitch).

Last edited:

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
They were the one and only country with the huge balls not afraid to stand up and say NO to the United States.

Lol, where were their balls when it came to people who would have actually invaded them. Perhaps if they didn't let zi Germans, steamroll right over them, a significant portion of my family would not have had to leave Europe, hindsight is 20/20 though.

Lol, where were their balls when it came to people who would have actually invaded them. Perhaps if they didn't let zi Germans, steamroll right over them, a significant portion of my family would not have had to leave Europe, hindsight is 20/20 though.

France pretty much single-handedly with very little help from the British, and definitely none by the late joining Americans, defeated the Germans during the Great War (most of fighting during WWI took place in France), just 20 years earlier, it destroyed whole french cities, wrecked the country side, wrecked the economy, killed over 6 million french solders, namely their younger generations, thus 20 years later, there was a sizable population decrease due to all the young men who would of had children and families mostly died during the last war..., thus not a sizable new army during the late 1930s, also they knew going to war again so soon would drag them into the same predicament, destroy cities, etc etc.. so by "surrendering" they ensured that their citizens weren't dragged into another futile war. They knew they could instead wait for a world response, which it caused, as British and the Russians finally decided to get involved, thus saving the lives of millions and protecting their cities, etc.

The British were of no help to France and definitely not the Americans, who were in fact, in Support of German and Nazi Activities up to this point (even Time magazine made Hitler, Man of The Year in 1938), and American Corporations were supplying the Germans with supplies, vehicles, money (banks), and oil.. Yet American History books have absolutely zero mention of American Support to Germany (even up to 1944)... It is fact that Germany would of been defeated faster if it wasn't for American Involvement (supplying Germany with resources and money).

Politics, War and Strategy isn't as simple as American twisted history makes it out to be, some intelligent individuals can recognize when it is best for the interest of everyone to stand down, rather than sacrifice and destroy resources and society. Just look at the results after WWII, while Germany, England, and Poland lay in smoldering heaps and ruin, France was for the most part A-OK, no major cities were destroyed (other than the ones the moronic American's destroyed), Paris was untouched, and the economy was normal, and recovery was fast.

I just like how American History books attempt to make it out that "the U.S. and it's Allies won WWI and WWII", when in reality, during WWI, America played Absolutely zero significant role in it's outcome as it ended literally a couple months later by the time the first supply of drafted soldiers reached Europe, which by then, talks of surrender were already in progress months prior.. Then during WWII, Russia Single-handedly held off, and eventually began pushing back, and eventually defeated the Germans with absolutely no aide from any "ally".

Your twisted and diluted American highschool history lessons don't cut it in the real world.. the closest thing America has come to telling the truth of WWII is when famed American director Oliver Stone made "The Untold History of The United States" miniseries, first time really that a mainstream program was made that told the complete, un-americanized (not modified/twisted) history of the United States from 1930s on (it's based on undisputed, fact checked up the ass, history). I suggest you take a watch (only 10 episodes), but beware, it may make you ashamed to be an American after learning the truth.

Check out episode 1 here: Oliver Stone's Untold History of The United States: Episode 1

Last edited:

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
Like I said, pussies. I'm sure it was just strategic to roll over at even the slightest provocation, I mean it works so well in so many other fields. My version of history is a lot less distorted than your delusional view of NGX. It's a good thing you are hear to tell me how misguided I am to believe that the America and Britain had anything to do with winning the war, and my ancestors would have been better off laying down and just getting on those trains. By the way, fuck Oliver Stone, the only relevance Platoon had with the Vietnam war was that it was set in Vietnam, fucking horrible film maker.

Last edited:
the only relevance Platoon had with the Vietnam war was that it was set in Vietnam, fucking horrible film maker.

You may think it has no relevance, however in reality, Platoon's basis was based off his own Autobiographical account detailing his experiences during his time in Vietnam (Oliver Stone fought and killed during Vietnam).

my ancestors would have been better off laying down and just getting on those trains.

If your family was jewish, serbian, or gypsy, then yes, get out of France.. however they would of probably left France anyways, because even prior to Germany's Arrival, there was already huge Anti-Semitic sentiment sweeping Europe since the 1920s, Germany was just the only country to take military action towards it. However there was already sizable public attack and discrimination taking place, even as far as in America.

Also what isn't told is that America closed it's borders to Jewish immigrants once they began trying to come

"The State Department closed the United States as an asylum by
tightening immigration procedures, and it influenced Latin American
governments to do the same"

Last edited:

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
So your saying Oliver Stone participated in burning South Vietnamese villages and standing by while one of his CO's was murdered, what a piece of shit. Didn't Oliver Stone write for Stars and Stripes during the war.

So your saying Oliver Stone participated in burning South Vietnamese villages and standing by while one of his CO's was murdered, what a piece of shit. Didn't Oliver Stone write for Stars and Stripes during the war.

It's possible, which is exactly why "Platoon" and his other Vietnam movie "Heaven & Earth" are probably accurate and "relevant".

"Assigned to a unit patrolling the Cambodian border, Stone was involved in several deadly skirmishes. He was wounded twice, once by gunshot and once by shrapnel"

Last edited:

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
Great discussion so far, would love to meet both of you over some escargots in the restaurant L'épicerie, 1er arrondissement, Paris. Then, after the heat has cooled off over some rosé or pinot noir we should discuss how to improve the Neo Geo X. Because, let's be honest – it needs a better screen and the correct aspect ratio.

I do like what the French are doing when they start modding. That Super Neo Geo Pocket Color Hack for playing NGPC on your TV? Great – and French. But what I do sometimes miss, is the polish – for which most American hacks or mods spare no costs.

And who knows, in the end we may have a really great Neo Geo X. Something which everyone in these forums really longs for.

I do like what the French are doing when they start modding. That Super Neo Geo Pocket Color Hack for playing NGPC on your TV? Great – and French. But what I do sometimes miss, is the polish – for which most American hacks or mods spare no costs.

And who knows, in the end we may have a really great Neo Geo X. Something which everyone in these forums really longs for.

It's obvious that any decent hacks or mods won't come from America. Nothing good ever comes from America, only rants.

I'll pass on the Escargots and take un hamburger insteeeaaaddddd xD!!! fucking American.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

a_560x375.jpg

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Maybe if I get in the mood, since I do visit the French forums, I may translate and relay any noteworthy posts here (mods, development, etc).

----------------------

Example of what the French have to offer:

Couple months ago, Neslou, a French NeoGeo X forum member, unveiled plans to make low-cost professional SD <-> microSD adapter, named the X-Card. The X-Card with its modified pin layout is recognized by the NeoGeo X Handheld whatever its version.

A couple weeks ago, Neslou received the first five prototypes for beta testers to examine before launching production of the X-Card.

20130314.jpg
20130312.jpg
20130313.jpg

------

or another interesting mod for a 2nd SD Card drive which doesn't interfere with the current NGX SD Slot so you can launch games without an SD Hack, Extension or Adapter.

img1464z.jpg

The first one looks odd to me! Like Xian said when those got shown in one of the hacking and mods thread, it's like an adapter.. for an adapter. Totally fine for dedicated dock users, but a bit impractical for handheld users, they might be better off making/getting from spain the modded SD adapter. Now the second mod with a 2nd SD slot kind of interests me. I'm assuming you can have cards in both at the same time, I wonder if you could put modded cards in both, have like some kind of monsterous selection of games on the go. And how would that even work with the dashboard? I'd be interested in actually seeing that mod in action to see how practical it actually is! Neat idea, though!

I wonder if you could put modded cards in both, have like some kind of monsterous selection of games on the go. And how would that even work with the dashboard? I'd be interested in actually seeing that mod in action to see how practical it actually is! Neat idea, though!

The the way SD works, having two cards together (ran in Parallel), the device doesn't know that there's two separate cards and access the cards as they were 1 card (shows contents of both as one), I believe I read somewhere that the NGX system is limited to seeing only 50 games on a card, so I don't think you can put a "monsterous" selection of games on it.. instead with the built in MicroSD slot, I guess, you can have a selection of 25-45 games you definitely want to be "pseudo-permanently available", while leaving the normal SD slot available for official NeoGeo X game cards or few additional games you want to play at that point in time.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
How did Hitler get mixed in with the NGX. XD

YANDMAN

NEST Puppet
Ha ha my thoughts exactly, Politics gets literally everywhere, Online castle wolfenstein anybody???

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I suggest fans of NeoGeo X who are tired of the constant negativity and rants of the U.S. sites who are unable to get answers to questions or civilized replies to your inquiries due to the floods of rants, and/or are interested in mods, news, and updates to NeoGeo X Projects and Ideas in the works, I highly suggest seeking out the French NeoGeo X sites (I won't paste links in respect of this one).

I think this is a wonderful idea. Mods, I think it's time to purge the X forum and just have X'ers use the French forums from now on.

kthanx

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It would be better if the rom fans just left for French forums. If someone wants to talk about the games, they are welcome to here. But this not a hacker's forum.

SSS

neo retired
I think this is a wonderful idea. Mods, I think it's time to purge the X forum and just have X'ers use the French forums from now on.

kthanx

If you stop by other 16 bit console forums, they don't have sub forums for every piece of shit licensed dollar general knock off. Don't see why we should have a neo x forum here.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
If you stop by other 16 bit console forums, they don't have sub forums for every piece of shit licensed dollar general knock off. Don't see why we should have a neo x forum here.

Wait, how can you be sure? Are you just browsing US 16 bit forums? That could be the problem.