Fairly Cheap Alternative to JROK and Neobitz

RGBking

n00b
hey guys im new to the forums and found this thread by a stroke of luck.

I also use a CVS287s and scart cable combination and I recently tried to tinker with the different adjustment pots within, in hopes of achieving a better picture. I thought perhaps it did not come 'from the factory' with the best settings, but apparently it did.

needless to say i did not improve the picture quality and now i can not revert the pots back to what i was ideal settings.

Is there a way to objectively adjust all of the adjustment pots? my eyeballs can not do an adequate job.

thanks so much guys!

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
hey guys im new to the forums and found this thread by a stroke of luck.

I also use a CVS287s and scart cable combination and I recently tried to tinker with the different adjustment pots within, in hopes of achieving a better picture. I thought perhaps it did not come 'from the factory' with the best settings, but apparently it did.

needless to say i did not improve the picture quality and now i can not revert the pots back to what i was ideal settings.

Is there a way to objectively adjust all of the adjustment pots? my eyeballs can not do an adequate job.

thanks so much guys!

I don't mean to be rude, but aren't you the RGBKing? Seems like it would be simple for a man with such a title.

RGBking

n00b
by measuring the resistance you can objectively dial in the correct rgb signal?

What resistance do the pots need to be at to be 100% true pass through information, non distorted from the console source???

Also, where do you draw the measurement from, directly from under the adjustment pot???

Im not very technically savy as you can tell. I do have a multimeter though!

thanks a million Xian Xi!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
by measuring the resistance you can objectively dial in the correct rgb signal?

What resistance do the pots need to be at to be 100% true pass through information, non distorted from the console source???

0-5 ohms.

Also, where do you draw the measurement from, directly from under the adjustment pot???

Im not very technically savy as you can tell. I do have a multimeter though!

thanks a million Xian Xi!

Each pot has 3 legs(1 input, 1 output and 1 ground). Probe the center pin and either outside pin to check the resistance.

RGBking

n00b
0 to 5 ohms. Okay got it. Thank you so much for this information. I couldnt find a darn thing anywhere on the internet or from the ebay member who sold it to me. Thank you so much!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Are you using an RGB TV or using component video? If you are using component video, the picture is probably washed out from the levels being so high. Just turn them until the picture looks nice and clear and check the resistance and make it the same across all 3.

RGBking

n00b
ive got a sony KD-34XBR960. Has two component inputs and the picture ordinarily looks amazing.

So what youre saying is that
A) there are only three pots that actually do anything?
B) Once i manually adjust those three pots to what looks close to a decent looking picture, just make all of them have the same ohms? For every pot?

Which pots are the only 3 worth adjusting? It seems like all but one seem to adjust something or another.....

RGBking

n00b
For the life of me i can not get this CVS287 to look correct. I tried your trick, Xian Xi, getting all of the pots to read the same ohms at 0, 20, and 40. Manually i can get it to look semi decent for one game but then i stick in different games and colors are totally off.

I tried comparing my adjustments to youtube videos of PC emulation versions of the game and it just looks way off compared to their colors as well.

Anyone else have any hot tips on how to calibrate these stinking CVS287??

thanks a million guys