So the Wii U........What exactly is Nintendo playing at?

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I caved and bought a Little Mac amiibo, I feel dirty.

Ahh where did you find yours...looks to be sold out everywhere.

I just a pre-order on Newegg (even though technically it should be out now I think), but I've had bad experiences with them in the past. Plus, now, it changed from pre-order to notify when in stock on the website...so who knows if it went through...

Had no luck finding Pit either :(

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Nintendo are some clever bastards. The Amiibo packaging has a thin metal layer at the base, so you cant use the Amiibo without removing it from the package.

I'm already done collecting them tho. I'll pick em out if they look cool, but I'm not gonna get sucked into catching them all. Just wait till the pokemons start rolling out.

Last edited:

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Yeah I've gone a bit overboard with the Amiibos...but I am not really doing it so much for the actual amiibo functionality (which I think is pretty limited so far). I'm mostly getting them because I like the look of most of them and just a nice tribute to a lot of characters I like. These are what I have so far:

Mario
Link
Samus
Donkey Kong
Marth
Fox McCloud
Kirby
Pikachu
Yoshi

I have these on pre-order:
Shulk
Meta Knight
Little Mac

And so the only other ones I want are:
Pit
Ike
Bowser
King Dedede

I spent way more on these than I should have (though I got many from Toys R Us 3 for $30 deal awhile back), but still...spent too much....blah

Last edited:

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Ahh where did you find yours...looks to be sold out everywhere.

I just a pre-order on Newegg (even though technically it should be out now I think), but I've had bad experiences with them in the past. Plus, now, it changed from pre-order to notify when in stock on the website...so who knows if it went through...

Had no luck finding Pit either :(

Music store in Salem NH, it was the last one. Didn't realize they were so hard to find until I synched it up to Smash.

Still no clue what the hell it's for though.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm actually playing Wii more than my XO and PS4 as well. Not WiiU, my Wii. Finally got around to picking up Link's Crossbow training because I liked the Nintendoland Zelda levels.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
So far I've picked up the Fox Amiibo and Little Mac. I picked up little Mac last Friday at gamestop, but i've been hearing tons of cases of people trying to buy him from best buy, and being told "they are not for sale" I wasn't aware the little Mac amiibo had a street date

ArmoredGecko

Quiz Detective
I wanted to hold out on the Amiibos but I've been sucked into it and am trying for a full collection. Fuck me. So far I have Link, Zelda, Samus, Fox, and Little Mac (asked at a Gamestop and they realized they had 1 preorder but two back there so they brought me one).

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I'm going to be preordering Shulk since he's a GameStop exclusive and I hope they don't try to drive the price up on him. Even though I don't use him I want to get Mega Man, hoping that they'll have some unlockable stuff in other games, but I doubt they'd have that. I'd love to see costumes or power ups in other games. I'd squeal like a pig if they had him show up in Mario Kart as a hidden player. I'm also going to get two of Ness, one to use and another to keep in the box just because it's Earthbound and I want to shove it down Nintendo's throat for not supporting the series more.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I personally like Disney Infinity's characters more as you actually use them to play the game and level them up and the figures are much higher quality and have a unified look to them. But, so help me, I'm trying to collect all the Amiibo as they come out (but Nintendo has total botched the distribution of these things, so it's frustrating to find some of them). They might be only really useful as taking up space on a shelf, but it is cool to have an actual collection of figures that look like the trophies from Smash Bros.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Bah. I did it tonight. I caved. Went to GameStop, made a new account (I haven't ordered a game there since Rez on the PS2) and preordered Shulk and Mega Man. I was hearing stories online of Toys R Us canceling preorders at certain stores. People have been hitting them hard to try to get Lucario since it's the TRU exclusive. I just hope GameStop will follow through with my order. All I can say is they better not pull an exclusive bullshit with Ness whenever they get up to him. I may also get a Pac-Man since I love that they went with the classic design and not the stupid "Ghostly Adventures" look and awful voice. My god, Marty Ingles in the 80's cartoon was better.

I maybe going to Rockefeller Center during the Christmas break to see the tree. I plan on checking out Nintendo World when I get there. I was reading more stories online about them getting ones in first like Mac and Captain Falcon and they where selling out in less then a few hours. I think Nintendo's got a hit on their hands so they better not fuck it up and just make more. I don't really care for the three that just became scarce, but it sucks for anybody else that wants one before the holidays that their being jacked up. As aoiddr said, I love it how their physical toys of the trophies from Smash Brothers. There's been so many of them that I've unlocked in the game and said to myself, "That would look SO baddass if that was on my shelf with my other Nintendo toys from when I was a kid..."

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Fuck you Activision, you ruined it all with your Skylanders bullshit.

I won't fell for this, hell I didn't even buy 1 amibo.

At least I got the bundle with the GC controller at retail price, no need to spend more.

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
I got sucked into the Amiibo's already when I read the first 3 were rare. I actually got to grab The Villager, Wii Fit, and Marth. I Have 5 amiibo's now and don't even own Smash. Nintendo has that hold on me and I hate it.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Ah well I've just about given up, can't find these buggers anywhere.

If any of you guys get tired of your Little Mac amiibos, or if anyone encounters one in the wild please let me know and I'd buy it off you for a reasonable mark+up + shipping of course. Same goes for a Pit amiibo. Those are basically the only 2 I want that I don't already have pre-ordered.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
Is it possible to buy the $60 version of Smash Bros Wii U and get the full experience with out buying all the toys and controllers?

Last edited:

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Ah well I've just about given up, can't find these buggers anywhere.

If any of you guys get tired of your Little Mac amiibos, or if anyone encounters one in the wild please let me know and I'd buy it off you for a reasonable mark+up + shipping of course. Same goes for a Pit amiibo. Those are basically the only 2 I want that I don't already have pre-ordered.

I'll keep an eye out for a Little Mac next time I go out.

Can anyone help me find a Pit? My brother is collecting these and it's the only one he can't find.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I'll keep an eye out for a Little Mac next time I go out.

Can anyone help me find a Pit? My brother is collecting these and it's the only one he can't find.

Thanks TAP, much appreciated. In the rare instance I find a Pit I will definitely pick it up for you

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Is it possible to buy the $60 version of Smash Bros Wii U and get the full experience with out buying all the toys and controllers?

YES. The amiibos actually don't do very much and IMO the WiiU gamepad controller or the WiiU pro controller suit the game very well.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I got sucked into the Amiibo's already when I read the first 3 were rare. I actually got to grab The Villager, Wii Fit, and Marth. I Have 5 amiibo's now and don't even own Smash. Nintendo has that hold on me and I hate it.

Are you still going to love your purchase if Nintendo decides to simply make another run of these?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Are you still going to love your purchase if Nintendo decides to simply make another run of these?

If they do another run, he can trade the ones he currently has for some Beanie Babies.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Anyone comparing this to the N64, at this stage, clearly doesn't remember that there were four great N64 games to choose from by Nintendo already. Mario 64, Pilotwings, Waverace and Mario Kart (came out a few months after system was released). All these games are better than what is out for the Wii U right now. And that is pathetic, because N64 had a terrible line up.

Exactly, gamecube was, and still is in some respects, the black sheep of the bunch. I won't get into virtual boy. Windwaker HD wasn't enough to sell me, and i'm not a smash fan unless it is 4 player at home with friends. Being older now that never happens. Bayonetta 2 is making me re-think my stance, but i'm still reluctant. Plus basically starting the virtual console over again was a huge let down. I probably would have been sold in the beginning if there wasn't the stupid transfer fee, and the wii-u virtual console made a attempt to keep the original VC.

The number of good games is lacking to say the least. I'm sure they moved some units the day smash came out, and when the new zelda comes out they will move more. Plus mario maker is going to be awesome. But I will probably wait it out till then and see how things look.

The graphics really don't bother me. If I had to give one thing to Nintendo it's that they still remember what games are suppose to be... games. Nintendo markets games as games and not the next epic feature film at the move theater that relies on computer generated effects to sell tickets. I commend Nintendo for keeping it real in that respect, but they not only need to bring out the good games, but make new original and fresh games with new characters. What they really need is something besides the token franchise stuff. Sure people never really get tired of zelda, but they can't expect to keep pushing new consoles without fresh ideas.