What the heck is this thing?

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I had purchased a jp copy of Card Fighters Clash a while back and it finally came in today. With a surprise. Included in the game's packaging was an odd little plastic device that I am trying to figure out the function of. Anyone out there have any clue on this?

imag0041oc.jpg

The cart along with the 'mystery device'

imag0042ds.jpg

Back of the cart showing the odd installation groove

imag0043wc.jpg

Installed on the cart

imag0045axj.jpg

Slotted into the NGPC

For what it's worth, there is a little blue slip included with the manual and other documentation that has installation instruction pictures, along with a whole bunch of jap writing. Anyone out there able to make heads or tails of this?

imag0046bb.jpg

imag0047kx.jpg

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
The top of the Magician Lord cartridge looks very similar, though without the add-on. Presumably this little clip converts it to do whatever the one on ML was supposed to do.

It's not an answer, I know. Only a potential clue...
I guess it might make a good anchor point for a screen light.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Digging out my antenna now to see if it interacts with it in any way. Stand by!

Edit: You, sir, are a genius! I never noticed the little slot on the bottom of the antenna assembly before, but damned if it doesn't perfectly slide over the plastic deal sticking up off the top of the cart! Seems like it gives it WAY more support then before, seeing as how without that it just kind of sits on top of the ngpc and the only thing holding it on is the connection to the data (?) port on top. Kudos to you Gamemaster, I have been racking my brain over this thing. Thank you much!

imag0048aw.jpg

Last edited:

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
thanks and youre welcome ;)

By the way how many ppl you know that have the wireless link unit too or even a NGPC ?
Speaking of me i dont have friends with even a NGPC. I got a link cable and the dreamcast one but i dont use em much only for trades.
Thats why i passed to buy a wireless unit when shawn got em in his shop years ago.
Now thouse units go pretty high in price.

I wonder if this songboy for NGPC did ever came out and if someone has one.

Last edited:

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Oh, and that ebay link is CRAZY expensive for one of those! I got mine for 30 bucks and 145 shipped is just nuts :eek:

And to answer your question, there's two other guys here in the unit with ngpc's (my convincing) and one of them has a wireless also. I originally bought it so I could go fishing for cards with card clash 2, but it works out that we can jam with some 2p action wirelessly as well. Pretty fun stuff.

Last edited:

Gamemaster

20 Year Member
Would be nice to build some link unit to play over the internet. I think with some programming skills you could do that with a raspberry pi.