Neo Drift Out

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
So I decided to try and make a 1cc video. I did pretty bad but still made it to the end :)

It doesn´t actually flicker like that, it´s just my camera (and the crt display of the cab having different refresh rate than the camera, I guess)

About the first few seconds:
Don´t be alarmed, it´s not a mobile haystack of doom, it´s not a bird´s nest of terror. It´s just a bad hair day I was having.

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Like Mika Hakkinen said..

"If you want to win hire a Fin"

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
What other arcade racing games there are that work nicely with just a sanwa stick and buttons? Doesn´t have to be neo geo.
(I´m not looking into getting an actual driving cab)

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
love this game! hoping to play it on my cmvs eventually :)

Joe T.

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
What other arcade racing games there are that work nicely with just a sanwa stick and buttons? Doesn´t have to be neo geo.
(I´m not looking into getting an actual driving cab)

This is an old thread but I've been playing a few other joystick rally type arcade games lately, specifically World Rally and Mille Miglia 2. Can anyone weigh in on how Neo Drift Out compares to them?

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
I´d say neo drift out is probably a tighter package than either of the others. The controls are done right, though you have very little time to react, the spoken notes still give you a good chance to manage the tracks without total memorization. Also the zooming graphics make this look pretty good with several nice little details like turning wheels and such in the graphics. Also in neo drift out you only battle against the clock (whereas in mille miglia you have opponent cars too). Sounds good too, nothing annoying like some of the sounds in mille miglia. (though this is subjective)

Only real downside is how short it is with only 6 short stages + tutorial track. and its single player only though of course you can compete in track times and total times through the high scores tables.

Its not easily available cart and it tends to be expensive so I´d recommend you check it out by emulation or multicart (161-in-1 has it) before you hunt down a real cart.

Last edited:

Joe T.

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Thanks for the info! I'm not in any big hurry to track down a cart yet but I'm definitely interested. I would imagine I'd end up spending more for a Neo Drift Out cart than I spent for both World Rally and Mille Miglia combined. Is Drift Out 94 worth hunting for as well?

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
controls in drift out 94 and super drift out aren´t anywhere near as good, too slidey. doesn´t feel right to me.

p413j316

Crazed MVS Addict
I'm a big fan of NDO. The premise is simple but the controls are spot-on.

Stay away from emulation, bite the bullit and feed your MVS what it deserves.

DrHuxtable

n00b
Exhumed thread but I have to say the "WOW!" on jumps pretty much makes the game for me :) I still prefer a legit World Rally cab for the steering wheel, but NDO is a close runner-up and a good alternative if you don't have a wheel setup.

shylax

n00b
My favorite thing about this game is how the announcer yells "OH NO!" with such great concern if you as much as barely lovetap one of the other cars.