Most Common AES Bootlegs

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Yep. Maybe not converted as much as other titles but I have seen listed on feebay.

Last edited:

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
That sucks, Ill probably just stay away from any $500 plus carts on ebay... fuck that noise.

What about last blade 2? Its kind of on the border of the value point where selling a conversion would be worth it.

Last edited:

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I don't recall seeing any of waku 7 or Last Blade 2, but yea both are high enough now that either could be candidates.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Any Garou MOTW "conversions" on eBay will no doubt be bootlegs with EPROMs and Flash on adapters instead of real Mask ROMs. MOTW MVS carts and AES donors are too expensive to make it viable. With Flash, it's possible to use a fully decrypted Garou ROM set on a plain CHA512 / PROGBK1 combo, of which there's donors aplenty.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Yea Waku 7s is hovering in the 600-700 range so it does make it viable. Its MVS counterpart isnt overly common or cheap either so that would make it more difficult. Plus the relatively obscure nature of the game would probably make it a less tempting target. But if someone can make a few bucks, they will. Theres a waku waku 7 for sale on the bay right now, no pics of the cart at all just an artwork photo...super sketchy

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Sometime I'd like to see someone proudly post a complete Neo Geo collection of all bootleg titles. Amusing that some games like Waku 7 and Garou aren't conversions "yet", so that makes them rare, Rare, RARE for those Ebay bootleg collectors! Time to fire up the ol' EPROM burner.... :keke:

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I think Garou will become a common bootleg soon enough, the Japanese version is going for $1000. Its a great game with a pretty box, its a very likely candidate.

klee123

Zero's Secretary
How likely are bootlegs of Japanese versions of Metal Slug 3 AES nowadays?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
tumblr_nti5265Grh1qj7u8ao2_500.gif

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
^^ The high-priced AES market is entirely based on that sort of angst, which allows "trusted" sellers to chime in and charge whatever comes to their streetwise brains. As if they were producing those boots themselves... wait a sec... but of course, why bother to be scenic? It's common practice ;).

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
If your intention is to buy a "bootleg/conversion", you obviously have no problem with at least one cart getting destroyed for the boards, shell and case.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Boards, shell & case are made in Canada. These are the so called organic-boots, as in no original cart is destroyed in the process. I am one of the lobbyists of DGE, you can have our data sheet by tomorrow morning your time. Thank you in advance for your interest.

DGE - The Future is Ours!

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
Boards, shell & case are made in Canada. These are the so called organic-boots, as in no original cart is destroyed in the process. I am one of the lobbyists of DGE, you can have our data sheet by tomorrow morning your time. Thank you in advance for your interest.

DGE - The Future is Ours!
WTF are organic boots ? ;)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Boots made from the harvested corpses if dead hookers.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Real conversion will cost more.......so whats wrong to get eproms if your intension is to buy "bootleg/conversion" in first place?

Oh, I have no intent, but he's charging high dollar for eproms... Warning you peeps.