Most Common AES Bootlegs

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Hi, I currently don't own an AES (But researching). Are there any Samurai Showdown AES games that I should be careful about in terms of it being a bootleg? (I tried to scan this forum up until last year, since it seems game prices have gone crazy lately. )

Thanks.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Hi, I currently don't own an AES (But researching). Are there any Samurai Showdown AES games that I should be careful about in terms of it being a bootleg? (I tried to scan this forum up until last year, since it seems game prices have gone crazy lately. )

Thanks.

I believe Samurai Shodown V and V Special are the only ones to care for. The rest are not that expensive to justify making a boot, especially Japanese versions.

Regards.

p3lagic

n00b
I'm wondering what the crossover is between AES bootlegs and MVS bootlegs. Are there any games that are bootlegged often on one platform but the the other?

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I'm wondering what the crossover is between AES bootlegs and MVS bootlegs. Are there any games that are bootlegged often on one platform but the the other?
Metal slug for instance, it seems all homecarts are fake, almost no MVS cart is fake.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
So you were scammed with that MS1 and now you've taken it personal... I see another '70s inspired anti-hero flick: a bit of death wish, a piece of walking tall, hell, it may even deliver the thrills. Serve mine bloody, please, with a slightly touch of dismemberment.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
yes,metal slug on the aes. and the most bootlegged game on the mvs i have heard about is puzzle bobble. one guy on youtube bought five copies of the game before he came across an official snk cart.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
So you were scammed with that MS1 and now you've taken it personal... I see another '70s inspired anti-hero flick: a bit of death wish, a piece of walking tall, hell, it may even deliver the thrills. Serve mine bloody, please, with a slightly touch of dismemberment.
Sounds good, I'm in: "Sent it back - with a vengeance!"

RumbleBumble

Rugal's Thug
How about the King of Fighters games on ebay etc? Are any of these expensive enough for them to be likely to be boots?

I think all the slug games are very common for boot. One of my college friends, who used to live in Japan, sold me all of his AES collection when he moved back to the US. There are lots of good games in his lot but the entire Metal Slug set is boot. From Slug 1 to 5 (including X). He didn't know they were boot until I asked him to open the carts and show me the boards prior sending the payment. He ended up throw all the boot Slugs in as a bonus for my lot. I have some board pics which I plan to post soon. They are not conversion as far as I can tell. They are straight up boot.

I also bummed into a dude at GameDude in Northern Hollywood, CA who begging me to trade my US MTW for his US SLUG 5. I believe his copy is also boot base on the quality of insert, manual, and label.