A moment of silence, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makismo

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I never knew the guy personally but from his posts he seemed to be a genuinely good guy. I personally (in Irish tradition) am going to go out and have a drink. I will then have another drink for him. I think that we should all go out and have a drink in honor of the dearly departed. Our true selves are not in this body. Like the phoenix from ancient mythology we rise from the ashes to be seated alongside the creator and become more than what we were in life. We are now eternal and we are in the heavens flying on the four winds and are dancing on air. Do not look at death as an end but as a beginning of a new and angelical life where there is no pain and suffering but eternal joy. We may rise and fall but our eternal soul lives on. Our bodies may die but our memory will live on in others for those whom we have touched. Dude, you will be missed.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Sorry to hear this news.
I didnt know Steve too well but it is very sad to lose someone in this way.
And you guys all deserve a pat on the back for showing your unselfishness and expressing your thoughts and feelings.
Hope his family gets through this ok and best wishes to them.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
i saw him post once in a while, he seemed like a very nice guy. It's a shame his life was interrupted so sudden. I'll miss you

AOJ

Armored Scrum Object
Oh man, this sucks!
Honestly, I didn't know him very much, but seeing what people think about he, I have to say that we have lost a very good man.

It's a big shame, dying at the best life moment ... so sudden ...

It's useless to try to express feelings in text. Parents, friends, and members who really know him: I give you my condolences.

He Always will be remembered.

Rest in peace, wherever you are.

Zeekade Zarathos

Krizalids Fashion Designer
For death is no more than turning us over from time to eternity, his natural life may be over, but just remember that he is in peace.

We won't forget ya Steve.

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
SNK4EVER's family has my condolences.

I hope, in death, we can all come together and be stronger.

ooooo shit, i didnt look back at the first page. how the f*** did this happen, i always see this guy post stuff up. damn i feel so bad. i dun nkow what to say. lets just all know he dies being a SNK fan.

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
Well sometimes this BBS shows that it can be
a comunity! Though it's a pitty that it needs
a such a sad tragedy to let it shine.

I thought about all of us walking together
on Steves last Mile but because the neo comunity
is spread all over the world, this will not
happen. :(
And somehow this idea reminded me of this scene
in backdraft and I shed a tear.
For the ones of you that don't know the scene,
I sampled it:
<a href="http://home.t-online.de/home/probe.juergen/Backdraft.mp3" target="_blank">Backdraft MP3 1.18MB</a>

Call me sentimental, but I am very sad that we
can't join together to show our respect to a
member of this board.

So SNK4EVER, I salute you! Rest in peace!
(please excuse my english. It's not easy for me
to express my feelings in a foreign language.
So who finds spelling errors may keep them.)

Neo Mike

Creative Moderator, Art Gallery Coordinator,
20 Year Member
My deepest condolences go out to his family and friends.

Definately was a cool guy around here. He will be missed.

elbarto

Super Spy Agent
Rest In Peace Steve crying

Hard to know what to say.. I only spoke to him here every now and then, but when I did it was always cool.

My thoughts are with his family and friends also.

<small>[ February 19, 2003, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: elbarto ]</small>

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
TonK wanted me to relay this message since
shawn isnt letting him log back in:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm sorry that Shawn wouldn't let me say this myself because he still acts like a child in the most heartbreaking moments.

I can't believe what I'm reading, a young man loses his life at the age of 22. A car lover, videogame enthusiast and a great person. He is with God now. I'm sure God has his reasons, like needing a few good men up in heaven, but whatever reason it is, its a good one. Steve, we will meet one day. I'm very sorry and hurt for your early departure.

<small>[ February 19, 2003, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: rarehero ]</small>

Frame Gride

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Ive never talked to steve but I've seen him post on the boards and just hearing you guys talk about what a great guy he was makes me really sad.
My condolences go out to his family they might be having a hard time dealing with this...

I think we should start a fund in his honor atleast to give to his family to show our support. Queequeg, if you dont mind starting something up since he worked for you i would glady send some money to his family. Showing his family how much we appreciate him here on our forums would comfort them... i think even if it isnt much its still something.. What do you think queequeg?

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Oh my God.... crying

My condolences to SNK4ever's family; he was an upstanding board member with a great personality and he will be sorely missed. I pray your soul is at rest, friend.

bmoc

Crossed Swords Squire
I am so sorry to hear this bad news. He was a great guy and wrote some outstanding posts. May he rest in peace and be blessed by the Lord.

SN K'

Armored Scrum Object
Didn't get to know him as well as I would have liked, he will be missed frown

Stephane

Boss Hogg,
Sad Sad Sad !

je ne te connaissais pas vraiment, mais j'ai l'impression d'avoir perdu un frere, je ne suis pas croyant, mais j'espere que le paradis existe et que tu y sera.

Repose En Paix !

Man, this is disheartening. I'm just getting home from work and reading this. What a horrible thing to happen to the Neo community. I've gotten into a few discussions with SNK4EVER here on the boards,but never got to know him personally. But from the few times I've discussed things with him, and from reading his contributions to this board, you just know that wasn't here to BS anybody when it comes to the Neo community. He was very knowledgeable about the whole scene and helped me with some things when I was a newbie a few years ago. His presence will be sorely missed here, and may GOD help his family cope with such a horrible loss.

Thank you to the good people who had the goodness to bring the complete truth of this news to the Neo community.

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
thank God....

anyhoo.... he will certainly be missed... I had a many of good conversations on his Arcade cabinets.. how he setthem up... different dip settings..etc.

Is there anyway we can get an address to the funeral home.. or a time? Will it be open to visitors? or friends/family only?

†B†V†

Orochi_invisibleink

Ghost of Captain Kidd
it sucks to lose one of the few people around here that was truly devoted to the NG...hope his fam is comforted in a time like this

SNK4EVER
R.I.P
frown

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
I never personally talked with Steve (A.K.A. SNK4EVER), but I do remember him being an active poster on these forums. He always seemed like a good guy, and basing upon what I have read out of him in this thread, it's clear he was a man well respected and loved.

They say your life can be measured by how many folks you have touched. I guess Steve has had a pretty nice life.

I do believe everything happens for a reason, and whatever reason(s) it may be, I'm sure the Lord had a good one for it.

Remember what Hamlet said? Use the human skull as inspiration. Because in the end, one way or another, this is all we will become -- a human skull. And so, seize the day. Tomorrow is not for sure. Will you make an effort to make this world better while you're here, or will you just kinda go with the flow?

Steve -- Rest In Peace.
Wherever you are, I hope you can be at peace (eventually, at least). God bless your soul.

frown

Status
Not open for further replies.