A moment of Silence for the passing of a member: Sifl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert

20 Year Member
When I read the title of the thread, the name reminded me something but I couldn't clearly identify who he was.

After reading the thread, I remember now. Never really talked to him (just answering to his post), but I remember his sig.

Toutes mes condoleances.

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
Very sorry to hear about this. I wish the best for his friends & family.

R.I.P.

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
even in the end, everything is okay.
cancer will be beaten one day,
until then, lets remember sifl

ng.com remembers sifl for his courage.
cancer is not an easy passing, but
he is at peace now, and not suffering anymore.

rest in eternal peace my friend. you've earned it. ;)

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Just terrible. I definitely remember him and it's sad to see him pass.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
man, i remember chatting with him and seeing him on the boards back in the day.
sorry to hear about his passing even if it's belated.

Kazuki Dash

Samurai Shodown Swordsmith
It's always a sad thing when someone passes, and my thoughts & condolences are for his family and all who mourn him

Thanks for letting us know Bobak. Its always healthy when a slice of reality, however painful, touches the unreality of forums like this. Makes everyone think about how they act on the internet hopefully.

Rest in peace.

C.A.R25

Genjuro's Frog
Bobak said:
It is with great regret that Charlie and I have to report the passing of another one of our Community's solid members: Sifl. The cause was likely complications from a brain tumor. For those of us that remember posting with him, it is a great loss. He was a valued member of the community.

Sifl was one of the founding members of Neo-Geo.com, joining in on 10-13-2000. He was an active poster, only taking lulls when his work for the United States Navy took more of his time. While he loved serving his country, he was less than thrilled about being posted in a weather station in Iceland which led to his frequent visits to the Forums. Sifl was sent back to his home in Wisconsin when it was discovered that he had a brain tumor, which he noted on the forums here. He went through brain surgery and numerous treatments, and his posting on the forums became less frequent.

His final post was on 08-27-2003, noting that his favorite beer was Rolling Rock. His last recorded activity (likely a visit) was on the site was on 11-03-2003, he died just over a month later. I'd noticed his lack of activity this past year, but hoped for the best. I posted about it in the "old member" thread in Unrelated, and Charlie found the obit --confirming the worst.

Obit from Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Image from the Photo Album:

FAllds.jpg

CAPTION: Behold Magnificent Icelandic Weather.
Naval Air Station Keflavik, Iceland

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/member.php?u=141

Sifl took his username from one of his favorite sites, Sifl 'n Olly.

A memorial page, like those created for SNK4EVER and Jigen will be created. This thread will be kept open as a memorial thread and linked to that page.

It is with great sadness that the Neo-Community must bid farewell to another member.

Frank, the entire NG.com Community raises a Rolling Rock to Heaven for you.

I wish I knew him... I hope he is in a better place now and that his family and loved ones find peace.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
I never talked with him, but like others remember the sig as it's hard to forget. It's never good for this world to lose a Neo fan.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
damn shame

I remember his posts and his fondness of yukemobo shooters well

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
icon20.gif
RIP. I didn't know him well, but I've read some of his reviews. What a fan.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
OK old time members

What was Sifl's original user name?

Jigen's was Gokusama26 (I believe)

Sifl had another one originally too

RIP guy

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
I remember seeing his picture in the photo album, and reading a few of his posts. RIP

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
neobuyer said:
OK old time members

What was Sifl's original user name?

Jigen's was Gokusama26 (I believe)

Sifl had another one originally too

RIP guy

Iori. I'll never forget that. I had noticed he hadn't posted in quite some time like some others but never knew about the brain tumor, nor did I read the old members resurfacing thread so I missed it there too.

I still remember him posting quite a lot in the older days and thought he was a pretty decent member from his output, although I can't remember ever having spoken to him personally.

Rest in peace mate, and hopefully his family is coping.

Shapermc

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
What the hell? I had just mentioned him back here. I could not remember what he changed his name to. He was the reason that I kept coming back here for a while. He was in the Navy, I am in the Coast Guard. I called him a Squid, he called me a Puddle Pirate as we are know to do in our services. This is really fucking sad.

Shit.

I don't want to hit the submit button, but I can't really think of anything else to say.

fucking hell, what a way to finish off work. Fucking hell, this is depressing. I wish his family well, but now I feel like such a heel. I mean, I should have kept in better touch with him. I knew him all the way 'til he went back to Wisconsin. I said we should meet up sometime as I am known to frequently visit family in southern Wisconsin. We never did. . .

screw this I am going home.

Good luck Iori! where ever you are.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Thanks NBM, Iori, that was it.

The second old time member I was very familiar with back in the day... dead. Young and dead.

Jigen's was understandable- as he had bad Cystic Fibrosis, but Sifl? Shit that was out of left field wasn't it? Brain tumor. Damn.

I remember Silf liked Blazing Star alot. I used to say Pulstar was the shit and all, Sifl was a Blazing Star guy, like Wasabi.

Much love and respect to you Sifl,

Say hi to Jigen for me

Status
Not open for further replies.