Have you played a Castlevania game today?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Why do you even need savestates on CVIII? It's got a password feature and you can just fly through any difficult parts with Alucard. XD

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
First time playing NES Castlevania III and let me tell you.............it's not hard, but f*cking hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great soundtrack, great gameplay..............the intro music almost makes me cry........what a 8-bit epic!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
First time playing NES Castlevania III and let me tell you.............it's not hard, but f*cking hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great soundtrack, great gameplay..............the intro music almost makes me cry........what a 8-bit epic!!!!!!!!!!!!

The patterns, it's all about the patterns.

wonamik

Armored Scrum Object
I paly Castlevania 4 a couple of times every month! easily one of my top 10s!

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I tried getting into Circle of Moon last month. I played through about 20% of the game and just lost interest. The beginning was really slow for me, and I just couldn't get over the basic slow character movement.
Perhaps its my fault since I finished Aria of Sorrow right before playing CoM, I should have probably started with CoM.

I gotta play IV again, it's been too long.

wonamik

Armored Scrum Object
I tried getting into Circle of Moon last month. I played through about 20% of the game and just lost interest. The beginning was really slow for me, and I just couldn't get over the basic slow character movement.
Perhaps its my fault since I finished Aria of Sorrow right before playing CoM, I should have probably started with CoM.

Couldnt agree more. I had Circle of the moon when I was younger and then many years later I got it again and just couldnt play it because the character super slow movement.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Couldnt agree more. I had Circle of the moon when I was younger and then many years later I got it again and just couldnt play it because the character super slow movement.

Same, i tried to play through it a few times, but i just can't get into. One of these days ill just grin a bare it just to beat it.

I played some of the castlevania adventure remake on the Wii a few nights ago. Pretty good, but really short

edit:
I think i might play some castlevania bloodlines today

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I love circle of the moon, once I get the running boots I run everywhere. Flows really fast after that.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I'm probably the only person on the site who played a GameBoy version this weekend. Belmont's Revenge has some sweet level designs.

I actually played Castlevania Adventure today on Super Gameboy, not sure why it's not that great. I have been meaning to pick up Belmont's Revenge for the last several months, and legends. Is Belmont's Revenge a lot better than Adventure? I definitely like the art on the cart.

I also played Super Castlevania IV this morning. Which is weird. I rarely have much time to game lately, but my girlfriend was taking the BAR exam tues, wed, and Thursday so I had to get up at 6:30 am all 3 days and drive her, and was free till 7pm. So I gamed like crazy. Even fired up the Duo-R and played some Dungeon Explorer II.

Actually got a lot of guy stuff I've been meaning to do accomplished. I even fit a few Kung Fu flicks into the days that I had been meaning to watch. Magnificent Butcher, and Legendary Weapons of China. Great films BTW.

Is this Castlevania's anniversary or something?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member

The three optional characters that can join you can turn the tables in your favor in a jiffy, depending on which one you choose.

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
Glad to see i am not the only one who wasn't able to get into Circle of the Moon ... I was late on the portables Castlevania and played Dawn of sorrow first. And also trying to play Circle of the moon on the Gameboy SP was a bust , screen is too small once you got used to the 3DS XL and the gameboy player on the gamecube is not better because of the aweful controllers.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager

Oh man I got Circle of the Moon when I got my GBA on my birthday shortly after the launch, was my first Castlevania game ever and I fell in love. The 3 Castlevania GBA games are my favorite games on the system and some of my favorite games of all time. Sad I own the 3 Nintendo DS games, bought them dirt cheap but haven't had the time to play them. I should really remedy this.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I actually played Castlevania Adventure today on Super Gameboy, not sure why it's not that great. I have been meaning to pick up Belmont's Revenge for the last several months, and legends. Is Belmont's Revenge a lot better than Adventure? I definitely like the art on the cart.

Belmont's Adventure is an amazing Castlevania that fixed every problem that plagued the first. It is easily one of the best Game Boy games.

sometimes i forget i wrote a review of it when i was a teenager

http://www.gamefaqs.com/gameboy/585659-castlevania-ii-belmonts-revenge/reviews/review-119746

man so good castlevania

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Glad to see i am not the only one who wasn't able to get into Circle of the Moon ... I was late on the portables Castlevania and played Dawn of sorrow first. And also trying to play Circle of the moon on the Gameboy SP was a bust , screen is too small once you got used to the 3DS XL and the gameboy player on the gamecube is not better because of the aweful controllers.

Get yourself an adapter for your GC! http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/snes_to_wii/index.php
I bought a couple adapters from Rapheal, and they're great, plus his service and communication is wonderful. I found him by doing a google search, then reading some reviews of his work. He's also in Montreal, so that helps with shipping.
He does a lot of different adapters for multiple console combinations.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Hmm, I think I read this in '11 or '12. I never got the game, partially because I didn't have anything to play it on until recently and partially because I never found a copy but I've been on the lookout for it since then.

i was also the first guy in the world to discover the level select mode in castlevania rebirth

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
Get yourself an adapter for your GC! http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/snes_to_wii/index.php
I bought a couple adapters from Rapheal, and they're great, plus his service and communication is wonderful. I found him by doing a google search, then reading some reviews of his work. He's also in Montreal, so that helps with shipping.
He does a lot of different adapters for multiple console combinations.

Omg Thank you , you just made my day ... This look awesome and i can pay in monopoly err i mean canadian dollars lol!

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
No Canadian should call our beloved CAD monopoly money! CAD is beautiful, clean, and extremely tough to break. Much like the spirit of the true north strong and free!

Also, if you're looking for an NES adapter, I picked up RetroUSB's NES->GC adapter a few months before I found out about raphnet.
http://www.retrousb.com/index.php?cPath=22

It's awesome playing GBC games on my Gameboy Player with a dogbone controller.

With that said, happy gaming.

Slugger

Marked Wolf
Just started to play Dawn of Sorrow on my 3ds XL and I´m really liking it! Guess I have to pick up OOE and POR since the US versions are quite cheap.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
Any love for Kid Dracula on Famicom? That's a Castlevania, of sorts...
Castlevania Chronicles on PSX is still pretty fun. The soundtrack is awesome, as to be expected from this series.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Just started to play Dawn of Sorrow on my 3ds XL and I´m really liking it! Guess I have to pick up OOE and POR since the US versions are quite cheap.

I only played DoS, great game. I heard OoE is much more linear in comparison to other metroidvania games in the series.