TSOLfan's Collection

TSOLfan

New Challenger
I've gone about this in a different way than the other posts, in that, rather than taking photos of my Neo Geo collection, I scanned it and uploaded everything to my personal website that I use to host scans of my Sega collections:

http://www.ratigators.com/ui.asp?c=SNKNEOGEO

I've got a few games "in the mail" that haven't arrived yet (the Real Bout series), and I'll get those scanned in once they arrive, and other than that, I plan on finishing out the series that I've already started (Art of Fighting 3, Garou: Mark Of The Wolves, King of Fighters 2003, Samurai Shodown 5 Special, World Heroes Perfect) before calling it a day.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I've seen you on thecoverproject. nice to see you moving here as well.

Wookiemeat

Super Spy Agent
20 Year Member
What's your Avatar about?

Have you been in some awfull traffic accident?

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
THX1138 would have been a fine username, but I guess too "on the nose". :)

TSOLfan

New Challenger
THX1138 would have been a fine username, but I guess too "on the nose". :)

Also doesn't match my record collection :)

Also also, good to see someone else here that hails from the great state of Indiana.

TSOLfan

New Challenger
Real Bout and Real Bout 2 arrived and have been added to my collection scans. Real Bout Special is still on its way.

TSOLfan

New Challenger
Real Bout Special arrived and I've got it scanned in as well. That's everything I have until I can find some deals on the other games I'd like to pick up.

Lan Di

War Room Troll
From another huge classic Sega fan, that is a bad ass collection. Mad respect dude! :mr_t:

TSOLfan

New Challenger
From another huge classic Sega fan, that is a bad ass collection. Mad respect dude! :mr_t:

Thanks.

My friends always jokingly state "and now the Genesis collection begins" when we post our recent game and/or music pick ups, though, I just don't see that happening. I've already got over 1500 games as it, mostly on shelves (the Master System collection is boxed up, as it gets the least amount of play during gatherings or requests to borrow from), and finding room for another 700+ without my house turning into an episode of hoarders is no small task.

If anyone is curious how things are currently laid out, I had a post over at thecoverproject with some photos (2 years ago, so some things have changed, such as a different AV receiver (Pioneer SC-27), enough additional 360 games to fill that shelf and force the Wii collection to move, 2 more 200 LP record crates stacked on the two that were already upstairs and my AES collection that sits on top of the original Xbox/Jaguar shelf):

http://www.thecoverproject.net/forums/index.php?topic=4817.0

Last edited:

TSOLfan

New Challenger
Also, out of all of the games, the one that gets the most play after all of these years is Saturn Bomberman.

I had a friend that came in town last weekend, so we kicked up an impromptu gathering (second Saturday of every month is the standard open house here), and of course, we once again hooked up the Sega Saturn downstairs, hooked up 2 multitaps along with 10 controllers and had a good time. Mad Bomber mode always ensures that the non-gamers among us (mostly the wives) still have a good time (when you die, you get moved to the outside and can shoot bombs inside the playfield).

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Some cool Scans, always liked the back of the japanese AES inserts.

Always been a fan of Sega too.

Last edited:

TSOLfan

New Challenger
Art of Fighting 3 arrived in the mail and I've got the scans uploaded.

badboybill

n00b
Great collection man, are all your games facing out like that or is that just for the pics?

TSOLfan

New Challenger
Great collection man, are all your games facing out like that or is that just for the pics?

They are all on a shelf with the spines facing out. Though, I didn't think spines were as interesting to look at, so I used my scans of the inserts for the menu that you click to pull up the full size insert and manual.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
Nice website, man. Looks like you put alot of work into it :)

TSOLfan

New Challenger
Nice website, man. Looks like you put alot of work into it :)

More than I would like to admit, and glad you enjoy the scans.

My directory listings show that I've got 11740 scans that I've done so far (472 of which are Neo Geo). That number won't stay current long, as I'm waiting on my copy of World Heroes Perfect to arrive in the mail, which I'll scan once it arrives.

I'm also currently working my way through my Dreamcast collection scanning the back inserts, since I originally just did the instruction manuals across the board (already finished doing this with Sega Saturn). I've gotten everything up to the "C's" done, and have the stack of games starting with a "D" next in line. Those just take a while as I have to snap apart jewel cases and scan the back insert front and back (as all Dreamcast inserts were 2 sided).

Then I'll tag my Sega CD collection for those back inserts (manuals are also already done).

I've yet to decide whether I'll do my Atari Jaguar and Jaguar CD collection, since AtariAge already has scans up for those. My Nintendo collections aren't complete, though, I've scanned a few and do a few more as friends request them (and if I actually have them).

TSOLfan

New Challenger
My World Heroes Perfect I picked up arrived, so it's been scanned and uploaded.

Also, I picked up and scanned a Kizuna Encounter conversion. I wasn't really looking for the game (never played a game in the series), but the price was too good to pass up as far as conversions go, and I was curious to check one out. The insert was a really heavy cardstock and the manual was also a heavier weight paper than the usual manual. The manual looks good in person, though, when scanned, the large blocks of black ink went sort of rainbow (didn't see that with any of my scans of my other manuals, which are all originals). I'll probably keep an eye out now for Savage Reign just to complete the set.

TSOLfan

New Challenger
Picked up King of Fighters 2003, so it's also been scanned and uploaded. That just leaves two more titles on my short list left to eventually pick up if I come across a deal (Garou: Mark Of The Wolves, Samurai Shodown 5 Special).

TSOLfan

New Challenger
Crossed Garou: Mark of the Wolves off my list thanks to a member here on the forums, and it's been scanned and uploaded. I did think it was interesting to compare it to the Sega Dreamcast port's manual (that's in my Sega Dreamcast scans). I prefer the overall art on the AES manual, though, do like how the Dreamcast manual gave characters each their own page (the AES went with 2 per page for most).

TSOLfan

New Challenger
I picked up Kabuki Klash, Karnov's Revenge and Savage Reign from members here (deviating a bit outside of the "core" SNK fighters I grew up with), and they have all been scanned (inserts and manuals).

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Man I can't thank you enough for these! I have been looking for a move list for SSV and RBFFS for awhile now.

ChiefofSB

Geese's Thug
Man that's pretty cool how you got that setup and a way to get info on the game like he did ^^ very nice

TSOLfan

New Challenger
Man I can't thank you enough for these! I have been looking for a move list for SSV and RBFFS for awhile now.

Man that's pretty cool how you got that setup and a way to get info on the game like he did ^^ very nice

Thanks for the feedback, glad you both enjoy it.

SSV is definitely my favorite manual, especially how it's printed in reverse (I scanned it in reverse simply so it would read as the other manuals).

One day I hope to eventually pick up a copy of SSVS to complete that set, and will be curious to see how that manual is printed.