Hyper 64 Fault - Not Displaying 3D / Slow motion

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
Hello all,

I have a Hyper Mobo I was due to sell, but I am having two issues with it.

(playing SS64-2)

1) The 3D characters are not displayed, so this is in the SS62-2 menu when they turn from 2D to 3D and then throughout the gameplay, there are no fighters, and no 3D scenery (the further away 2D backdrop is there.)

2) Probably a connected issue, but the whole thing plays very slowly - like it's slowed down by 2x or 4x, so the timer ticks down very slowly, there is lag between pressing the buttons and seeing a response etc.

For the record, I have cleaned the contacts a heck of a lot, and there is no difference in the faults...

It's also nothing to do with the cart as I have another Mobo and it's working just fine.

Any suggestions? Or has anyone had this and fixed it?

:(

ne7

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
hey, have you tried popping in another cart so it clears its save data? then pop the SS cart back on?

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
hey, have you tried popping in another cart so it clears its save data? then pop the SS cart back on?

Yep, switched it out for FF:WA and also went into the menus and cleared the data.

And I cleaned the hell out of the contacts of the Mobo :(

ne7

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
I'd go round to all the bits on the cart connector checking for loose ones; also, I had some funky probs on mine when I first got it seating stuff correctly and it was brand new, you never know it could be something real simple like a loose connection (bit like on the cps2 boards - they are a bugger to get in place sometimes too) fingers crossed it gets sorted \o_

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Usually the 12v line will cause graphic issues if the relay doesn't open.

purple

Geese's Thug
can you hear clicking sound when it powers on? if so 12v relay is ok. if 12v causes graphic issues as xian xi mentioned than maybe its better to check voltage and current values.

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
can you hear clicking sound when it powers on? if so 12v relay is ok. if 12v causes graphic issues as xian xi mentioned than maybe its better to check voltage and current values.

Hmmmm - I don't hear a clicking, but then again I dont recall hearing a clicking on my other Mobo either...

Where abouts is the relay on the board?

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
Ok - so I just had a check over the board tonight... I see where the relay is underneath, but this doesn't seem to be the problem as there is a click when I power the unit up and a click again when I switch it off...

purple

Geese's Thug
can i learn how are you testing it? arcade monitor? supergun? what is your psu?

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
TV
Supergun
ATX PSU

Which are all working since my other hyper board works fine.

purple

Geese's Thug
i recommend trying with another psu, arcade psu or something adjustible. my rev1 is very picky on +5v, are you using vogatek supergun?

ne7

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
vogatek on mine works fine btw \o_

purple

Geese's Thug
i asked because i wonder if there is any other things connected to same psu