Looks like Ketsui may be headed to the PS3!

-D-

Zero's Secretary
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=526047

In the latest Famitsu, complete with pricing.

Obviously this means a region-free release, while the 360 version was region-locked, great news if you ask me.

This was the leading reason I was planning to buy a Japanese 360, now I'm not so sure about that plan anymore.....

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Hmmmmnn... Thing is for me, I'd have to buy a PS3 anyway, so may as well buy a Jap 360 and then enjoy all the other shoot 'em ups that are available.

Anyway, good news for PS3 owners for sure :)

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Cool. I've been wanting to play this for years. Not sure I want to spend $75+ shipping on it, but maybe.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I have the 360 port, and don't own a PS3. This is great news for PS3 owners though.

I thought I heard years ago that a Ketsui port was intended to be a PS3 launch title years ago. I don't know how much truth is behind that one.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
I already have the 360 version, so there will need to be something new and really cool to get me to buy again. For example, "wide mode" wasn't enough to get me to double-dip on Mamoru. But definitely snag it if you don't already have it, Ketsui is 100% worth it.

The region locked 360 titles are oddly cheap right now. On Amazon, Ketsui pops up in the $30 range all the time, and Daioujou Black in the $40 range.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
The region locked 360 titles are oddly cheap right now. On Amazon, Ketsui pops up in the $30 range all the time, and Daioujou Black in the $40 range.

I haven't really looked in a while, thx for the heads up jenner!

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug
have been hoping that the region locked 360 shmups would find their way to another platform... I'll be watching out for a good price for this game!

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
have been hoping that the region locked 360 shmups would find their way to another platform... I'll be watching out for a good price for this game!

As someone who is hoping more Cave games come to PS3, why wouldn't you want to support the release of Ketsui right at launch? I have a feeling these hitting the bargain bin wouldn't bode well for future releases.

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
As someone who is hoping more Cave games come to PS3, why wouldn't you want to support the release of Ketsui right at launch? I have a feeling these hitting the bargain bin wouldn't bode well for future releases.

Bear in mind import prices vary wildly site to site. From Y!J to Amazon.co.jp to play-asia to NCSXShop you can find huge variances in prices. Might be searching for a good price in that sense?

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Bear in mind import prices vary wildly site to site. From Y!J to Amazon.co.jp to play-asia to NCSXShop you can find huge variances in prices. Might be searching for a good price in that sense?

Good point, NCSX is pretty damn expensive.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
After Persona 4 Arena and the Metal Gear Rising demo (?) were region locked, don't be so sure that this will be region free. Hopefully it is though.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Wow! Cave shooters for PS3! I might have to buy this. I loved this in the arcade.

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
After Persona 4 Arena and the Metal Gear Rising demo (?) were region locked, don't be so sure that this will be region free. Hopefully it is though.
Forgot about those. Good point.

Here's hoping it's NOT region locked so that I don't have to wait a year+ for a small publisher to pick it up and butcher the artwork:

tumblr_m9fvx2Seww1qbg80vo1_500.jpg

Or, even better:

ximg.php

Shivan128

Mr. Big's Thug

I was referring more to the fact it may be region locked and then paying a premium on an import copy. Then again, I did bite on Otomedius Excellent and Under Defeat HD at launch... and look at the prices on those now.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
The only problem I have with vert Cave shooters is they look like crap on my hori setup. I have no way to rotate my screen and having the tiny image in the middle of my display makes these games look and play horrible for me. Not to mention I also game on a plasma, so having static borders on the screen freaks me out a little with the ghosting it leaves for a day or two ;) It would be nice (maybe there is and I've overlooked it...) to have an option to play them in horizontal with the corrected controls even if it took a little while to adjust to. Otherwise, games like Deatsmiles and Akai Katana look and play amazing, but their vert contemporaries are just not as fun for me, even if I know I'm missing out on some killer titles.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
just placed my pre-ordered (even though I have xbox 360 version already) :)