Rare uncut NEO GEO MVS Mini marquee test sheet with unreleased Matrimelee

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Neo Geo pre-production uncut review layout made by SNK USA for Arcade shock featuring 6 mini marquees including the unreleased Matrimelee and an unreleased orange version of Metal slug 4.
Which I acquired direct from ArcadeShock .

This is the only one in existence.
Matrimelee wasnt released due to there not being enough kits.
There is also an error with the wording massdestruction on the metal slug 4 and 5 instructions which was corrected.
017119.jpg

uncut_marquee_sheet.JPG

005328.jpg

02873.jpg

017118.jpg

008227.jpg

02582.jpg

010198.jpg

02470.jpg

015145.jpg

Unreleased Matrimelee mini marquee MVS
Unreleased orange metal slug 4 mini marquee MVS
SNK VS CAPCOM CHAOS
Metal slug 5
Samurai shodown 5
King of fighters 2003

Last edited:

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Cool. What type of paper is that printed on? Looks like photo paper or heavy card stock. Nice to see that Matrimelee marquee :D

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Pretty impressive. It's nice to see something unique that doesn't have NGF plastered all over it.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Cool piece of art. Thanks for sharing.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Lee, that is a really nice collectors piece.

If you ever decide to sell then please let me know... :)

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Priceless, nice. Didn't know arcadeshock got so much love

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Great collectible right there. That would look great framed on the wall of my gameroom. ;)

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Great collectible right there. That would look great framed on the wall of my gameroom. ;)

I would personally love to see some good resolution scans so that I can print off some marquees for my Big Red. It would be on paper, but I'd enjoy them all the same :)

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
may i be the first to offer $50 shipped for it?

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
It's orange???? Read description= yup.

Neato!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Interesting. Does light shine through it like it does through a normal mm?

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I don't think KOF 2003 came with a mini marquee. I wouldn't mind having a repro haha.

Last edited:

Lee Gray

I would personally love to see some good resolution scans so that I can print off some marquees for my Big Red. It would be on paper, but I'd enjoy them all the same :)

Unfortunately I dont have access to a printer or scanner but I have taken some high res pics of matrimelee with camera but would have to email as only way they keep the size.

It's orange???? Read description= yup.

Neato!
Maybe because its exact color of SSV it might have changed, there will be an article about it soon, you notice too that mass destruction is written as one word which had to be corrected.

Interesting. Does light shine through it like it does through a normal mm?
Yep although its not as sturdy.
I don't think KOF 2003 came with a mini marquee. I wouldn't mind having a repro haha.
The KOF 2003 one only came with the kit if you purchased it from arcadeshock but its complete without as these were special editions

Going to get a frame for it.

Last edited:

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
How much $$$ would something like this go for?

Big Tymer money I'm sure.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Pretty impressive. It's nice to see something unique that doesn't have NGF plastered all over it.

I'm waiting for the response from NGF that speaks about how it passed through their hands. A lot of Neo stuff has but it doesn't need to be said all the time.

Lee Gray

Luckily I got this direct from Vinh himself.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
If anyone is looking for a Matrimelee mini, I know these are kinda cool because they are officially licensed, but in my opinion these were always pretty weak design wise. This is the one our mini marquee thread came up with a few years ago.

matrimeleeengminilogo.jpg

Pretty sure I passed the original PDFs along to someone, not sure who though.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I'm a bit surprised that I'm the only one skeptical about the legitimacy of this item.

Trieu

New Challenger
I'm a bit surprised that I'm the only one skeptical about the legitimacy of this item.

This item is legitimate. The one that Lee has is the only one in existence for the 6 mini marquee layout. We also had two of the original prints which had only 4-5 mini marquees on them (Matrimelee was not on there), which we gave out to some lucky customers back in the day. The quality of those first sheets were lower quality from what we remember as it was just a sample to test the quality of the plastic and transparency (to be used in NEO GEO cabs).

There were other mini marquees that we discussed and wanted to make, such as Sengoku 3 and Zupapa, but because SNK NEOGEO USA themselves did not have any more kits to sell us, they didn't allow just the mini marquee to be made. In other words, for each mini to be produced, we have had to buy at least that same number of kits from them to equal it, therefore, it was a limited run. The kit costs back in the day as some of you may recall was quite expensive, Samurai Shodown selling for around $350-400 when it first came out, as well as the high cost of KoF 2003 and Metal Slug 5.