Neo Geo X is on sale for $149.99 at Amazon and Best Buy!

rumbl3

In Chat With Teh Gh3ys,
Dam for that price I would of got one instead of buying a used one for cowboom. Oh well wonder if the sale ones come with ninja masters? I might return mine and blow the extra 50 to get a new one if it does come with it.

crujones4life

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Also, the controller is only $36.99 at bestbuy.com. Had a $5 reward zone certificate, so couldn't resist... All I need now is some Spinmaster (my son's favorite Neo game).

rumbl3

In Chat With Teh Gh3ys,
Dam lol So I spent $150 and could of spend $186 about and got it all new. Always whenever I buy something it all goes on sale. DAM the sale gods.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Good find! Even better getting the next generation into something wonderful, crujones4life! Kinda mad I didn't wait on buying extra controllers, getting them in Canada for less than 60$ has proven a task. But, I've got 3 now, so I should be set!

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I'm waiting for the $14.99 budget bin.

Shouldn't be too much longer.

:kekeke:

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Surely thats still too much Broken :)

Neo Yahtzee

Banned , racist pedophile and admitted statutory r
I am so getting one!!! Looks to be the limited too. Does it matter which version you get for modding or no?

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I am so getting one!!! Looks to be the limited too. Does it matter which version you get for modding or no?

Depends on what kind of modding you have planned. If you plan on simply using a modded SD card to play more games, then no, it doesn't matter at all. For more internal modding Check out the Hacking and Mods thread. Get yourself a sandwich, and a tea (or ale/beverage of choice) cause you're gonna be there awhile sifting through things.

Neo Yahtzee

Depends on what kind of modding you have planned. If you plan on simply using a modded SD card to play more games, then no, it doesn't matter at all. For more internal modding Check out the Hacking and Mods thread. Get yourself a sandwich, and a tea (or ale/beverage of choice) cause you're gonna be there awhile sifting through things.

Thank you! I was mostly hoping for proper HDMI grafx as it sounds like it's quite terrible. Sound too, how was it so fuct up?

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Thank you! I was mostly hoping for proper HDMI grafx as it sounds like it's quite terrible. Sound too, how was it so fuct up?

The HDMI not being up to par, I can very flatly vouch for that. It looks awful, doesn't even fit the screen right, and I'm not talking about the screen simply being in the wrong aspect ratio. It's in 4:3, but's awful. I refuse to plug it into my HDTV for that reason. Not without my composite cables, anyway. But I found it's been better to keep it on a CRT set. Now then, as for fixing the HDMI output, you'll need to reflash the bios, or something to that effect (Once again, check out that long hacking and mods thread, the exact solution is there!) BUT. There might be a much less complicated solution to fix that in the firmware updates coming in Volume 1 of the game collections in April. Naturally, no details to what the update actually fixes have been made clear, but fixes to the audio and video out have been alluded to on both Facebook pages for the US and UK Neo Geo X. I'm going to wait for that and see, because I don't want to have to open the system. Bad things happen when I take things apart, and I'm just the WORST at soldering!

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I would not even offer $50 Shipped for a NGX.

Someone would have to pay me $50 to take the thing.

And then it would likely end up on Youtube in a video of me setting it on fire. Or sticking it into a blender.

Neo Yahtzee

I have a 4:3 HDTV with HDMI. I wonder if it'll look good on that.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I have a 4:3 HDTV with HDMI. I wonder if it'll look good on that.

Hm! If it's a CRT TV, it... might. That's an awfully big might. No harm in trying. If it does look as awful as it does on every HD set I've seen, I'd just use the composite cables until we see just what that new firmware update can do! That's what I'm doing, anyway.

TurboRotary13b

Crossed Swords Squire
Someone would have to pay me $50 to take the thing.

And then it would likely end up on Youtube in a video of me setting it on fire. Or sticking it into a blender.

I know right? Someone couldn't even pay me to take a new in box AES... Or any Neo Geo product. I just come to this site to tell everyone who likes this stuff that I would never buy it.

Neo Yahtzee

Probably not. The video output quality of the NGX looks like hell no matter what.

That has to be repaired before I buy one. Where is think to a controller for sale? Can't find it.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
The controller is god awful. It feels like that cheap plastic they make bootleg toys out of. I bought one and returned it within hours of it being delivered...the box was pretty cool though. For $20 more you can get the ps3 neo stick and get the exact same functionality with better build quality.

TurboRotary13b

Crossed Swords Squire
Some people have said that output via composite to a SD CRT isn't too bad. The output to a HDTV via HDMI is pretty shitty though compared to emulators running on a PC.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Some people have said that output via composite to a SD CRT isn't too bad. The output to a HDTV via HDMI is pretty shitty though compared to emulators running on a PC.

Not "too bad" is the best that can be had from this thing? No wonder the X is a couple of weeks from the bargain bin.

TurboRotary13b

Crossed Swords Squire
Not "too bad" is the best that can be had from this thing? No wonder the X is a couple of weeks from the bargain bin.

It's not that best that CAN be had but its probably the best we have without modding or until the new firmware is released. The NGX really isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Its definitely got issues but its nothing that cant be easily sorted out. That said, it should have never been released until those issues were fixed.