Las Vegas Neo MVS Fun Nite

oldskool

n00b
Right on! What are some of your more notable MVS games? 4-slot is nice. Reliable. Anyone might know why my 5th slot refuses to ever work?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Currently I have:

King of Fighters '94, '95, '98, and '03.
Samurai Shodown 1 and 2
Fatal Fury 1
Art of Fighting 1
Metal Slug 3
Puzzle Bobble
Magical Drop 3

Not sure on why your 5th slot won't work. If you haven't already, I'd recommend cleaning it as I developed a problem with one of mine and cleaning it fixed it.

oldskool

n00b
Very nice line up there! Yeah I have to attemp to clean it one of these days. SegaAges and I took a closer look at my cabinet last night and we fixed it! It was a chewed up wire. So now she comes on again.. the bad news is that I sold all my my carts except Metal Slug 2. So that's all that I currently have.

We should set up a date and time for the next Las Vegas Neo Fun Nite. Who all is game? I am sure SegaAges would be but I can't speak for him.

tcdev

NEST Puppet
Sydney, Australia here but I have a great fondness for Las Vegas, having 'lived' there for a total of 3 months over 4 trips for work a couple of years back, and also visited again late last year (purely for nostalgic reasons - plus my wife likes the outlets) on my way home from the east coast. In my travels I've visited both Gamers' Paradise stores, GameWorks when it was on the strip, and Pinball Hall Of Fame just recently. What a great city for retro gaming - we have nothing like any of that here in Sydney - the largest city in Australia!

If I ever do get the chance to head back for work, and I just might, I'll keep an eye out on this thread to see if my visit coincides with a meet-up. Never been to a retro gaming meet myself; it's hard to talk retro gaming with people whose eyes glaze over when you start talking about games before the PS3!

neoknight

Kuroko's Training Dummy
KING
Hey Bro what's goin on!

you know...it's time for some fun..
let me know if you want to get together again ...
will go at street slam again!

neoknight

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hey King !
Need some mini marquee material ...size will be different than neo minis
either contact me for size...or send me info where I can get a few sheets,
awhile back...there were 2 different textures....had both made for ironclad.
Baseball 2020 challenge!...

neoknight

Kuroko's Training Dummy
6-slots are fickle.
But well worth it.
I have carts and a few extra 6 slot boards I had repaired for spares..
if you live near southside we can test the beast
I know a dude in so cal who is a neo board wiz...
tells me each unit (6 slot) has to be almost tuned in on the power supply...
check your power supply...
IF you guys really want to have a neo nite we can. think I have a hundred carts/kits or so
lots of cool jamma boards to plug and play...

Anyone seen King Prawn?....like elvis he is here in town somewhere..

Hi. I'm new to this board but not new to arcade gaming. I own a few arcade cabs and several games, mostly fighters. This includes a few 1-slots and a handful of MVS carts. There is a small group of friends that I get to play with from time to time but it's really good to see that there appears to be a dedicated group here in Vegas. How often do you guys get together and when is the next gathering/event?

There used to be a group from Vegas that brought their arcade stuff to Evo every year. I think the last time I saw them there was 2011 maybe? Anyone know who those guys are?

Looking forward to meeting the group and getting some games in!

neoknight

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hey There
I haven't heard back from anyone here yet,I did put out the word
don't know the group you are talking about
I hope to have a neo nite soon if you want to get together and play a few games let me know
thanks
Neo Knight

oldskool

n00b
Hello everyone been a while since I posted.. I have been dealing with the death of my dear friend Kevin (SegaAges). A few of you locals may have known him. He had heart failure in my car while I was trying to get him to the hospital on April 14th. I would really like to get together and have a retro gaming night in his honor.. pound back a few beers and just have fun. I think he might have been a member here on these forums but I am not sure. I did inherit some of his games including a cab and a bunch of Jamma boards (which I have yet to identify). If we could play some of them in his honor I am sure he would not have it any other way.

NEO NITE!!!!! WHEN WHEN DO I NEED TO MAKE THE DATE?

Fygee

20 Year Member
Very sorry for your loss. That's just tragic and horrible. :(

I'm still down for this. My MVS cart library has increased a bit since then so I'm willing to bring some games if needed.

neoknight

Kuroko's Training Dummy
go ahead...or you can try sending a PM.
YOU CAN ALWAYS HOST A NEO NITE IF YOU WANT TO .
I have neo nite for me, and the cool good people.
I am not a business ....Timmy will host a shoot out party for you.

Neo Knight..

neoknight

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hey KING
NEO NITE THIS SATURDAY ..
Hit me up if your around...send me a PM
DUDE !!!!!

neoknight

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hey There
Let me know your days off...
Also,
If you send me a PM I will send you my number
Rock On Vegas!

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
Hey There
Let me know your days off...
Also,
If you send me a PM I will send you my number
Rock On Vegas!

awesome. we should get a Vegas neo game night. im off mondays and tuesdays but im down to attend a game night any time after work. lets try to rally up all the vegas members

neoknight

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Any other locals want to get together for a MVS day ?
King Prawn hit me up if your around dude !

Fygee

20 Year Member
I'm still down. I have more games under my belt now as well.

neoknight

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I'm still down. I have more games under my belt now as well.

If you guys want to get together this weekend for a few hours let me know, bring whatever carts and jamma boards you want,
I also have a lot of MVS carts

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
anyone happen to be going to classic gaming expo in 2 days? I'll be there with some friends from cali. I'll most likely be wearing a camo safari hat lol