So after all these years...

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
In late 2004, I came to this forum looking to learn more about the HNG 64 and until today, I haven't returned since then.

So almost a decade later, out of nowhere I start thinking about it again....
Was this ever close to being emulated?

I remember Falcoon discussing an interest in releasing the games on a compilation or via digital download but they couldn't since they lost the original game data. :crying:

Kinda sucks....would've been sweet to get this crap on PSN right about now. =/

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
just close your eyes and play the game in the home theater of your mind.

Some things are better left like that. I was watching the casual videos for SS 64 Asura Zanmaden and thinking, man, the game is slow. The models are too clunky now. The game should be remade in 2D, high res like HNK.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
No proper emulation. Original hardware only.

:drool_2:

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I remember years ago over on SRK there was a member called Black Shroud (I think he is/was on here) that always went on and on about playing the SamSho games emulated. Don't know if he was just full of shit or it all got mixed up in translation as English was not his first language.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
just close your eyes and play the game in the home theater of your mind.

Some things are better left like that. I was watching the casual videos for SS 64 Asura Zanmaden and thinking, man, the game is slow. The models are too clunky now. The game should be remade in 2D, high res like HNK.

LMAO. I just tried to load the roms in Mame32....Warriors rage freezes on startup and Buriki One only runs the intro with a fucked up palette and missing polygons/sprites all over the place....but from what little I could make out, it actually didn't look as rough as I expected.

You're right about warriors rage though...the characters move like underwater debris floating around...so frustrating to look at....hypers video up there is actually raising my blood pressure right now.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
"Bump"

Even though its only 4 threads down lmao.

After 10 years you can finally insert quarters and start a very glitchy, fucked up game.
I think time travel will come out before hyper emulation does.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
You can always scoop SamSho64 and FF: Wild Ambition on PS1. Which leads me to also wonder why they have not shown up on PSN?

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
You can always scoop SamSho64 and FF: Wild Ambition on PS1. Which leads me to also wonder why they have not shown up on PSN?
Samurai Shodown Warriors Rage for PS1 is not a port of the HNG64 game.

It's a different game using the same name. Wild Ambition is a port though...

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Spoon, I have a H64 with the first SS in my cab right now, and honestly? It reminds me of the first Virtua Fighter with swords. It looks ok if Zero Divide still impresses you.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
3d never ages well.

RE4 looks like dog shit now. Tekken 3 looks terrible. The closest 3D comes to aging well is 2.5D

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Samurai Shodown Warriors Rage for PS1 is not a port of the HNG64 game.

It's a different game using the same name. Wild Ambition is a port though...

That's rad I never knew that. Thanks for the info.

Neo Geo

n00b
"Bump"

After 10 years you can finally insert quarters and start a very glitchy, fucked up game.
The game of the year obv.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Love the fucked up Amiga-like music :lolz:

In Latin America there's no such thing as too ugly to fuck, too shitty to emulate, or too godawful to listen to.

Spoon, I have a H64 with the first SS in my cab right now, and honestly? It reminds me of the first Virtua Fighter with swords. It looks ok if Zero Divide still impresses you.

I don't even know what zero divide is and I agree with the general sentiment that 3d ages worse than slavic women, british cars or american music.

Its just that this topic has a special place in my heart since the Hyper 64 forum was where I made my first post/thread on here.

That was back in 04 so that original thread must be on page 2 by now lol.

Last edited:

NeoGeoNinja

I don't even know what zero divide is and I agree with the general sentiment that 3d ages worse than slavic women, british cars or american music.

The fuck?

princess_07.jpg

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Yes. Style wise, the brits made cool cars.

But even modern TVRs with those Rover powerplants start rusting and falling apart to beat fuck after a few years.
Especially the underside of the Sagaris with those stupid sideways exhaust pipes.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
2 words: Rolls Royce

On topic: I have a hyper64 and the 2nd ss. It sucks indeed. Buriki one is a fun game, weird controls but fun to play.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
"Bump"

WTF. I never knew SNK made a "Crippled Masters" game on the Hyper 64.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
WTF. I never knew SNK made a "Crippled Masters" game on the Hyper 64.

Was just thinking that, like wow that dude is seriously pounding that amputee!

Buriki One is awesome though, good fun to play but even more fun to watch people freak out when the controls make no sense.

NeoGeoNinja

Yes. Style wise, the brits made cool cars.

But even modern TVRs with those Rover powerplants start rusting and falling apart to beat fuck after a few years.
Especially the underside of the Sagaris with those stupid sideways exhaust pipes.
I was being ironic, tbh. Thus... the "Princess". The ugliest yet, somehow, very entertaining car. It's utterly vile to look at... which somehow makes me want one. Orange, with a brown roof. Oh yes.

Any mention of the word "Rover" usually incites involuntary, violent stomach retching. Rover made some cool looking classics back in the 60's through 80's (like the V8 police interceptor SD1, for example) but in the mid-90's onwards, they were horrible. Not to mention the tragic MG's... that were essentially old man Jack's Rover with a different badge, some alloy wheels and a rear spoiler. Having said that, the last generation V6 ZS was actually... alright.

I like TVR's. In particular, the Tuscan, Cerbera and Sagaris - complete with ridiculous side-exit exhausts! I used to live and work <5 mins from the TVR factory. because it was based within the vicinity of an industrial estate, said estate pretty much functioned as their unofficial test track. Nothing illegal or extreme, but often I'd hear the roar of the latest, unbadged, heavily taped over, matte black prototype fly past my window.

That factory is being turned into an indoor ice-rink now. Cheers Mother Russia.

Also, Aston Martin (whoever the fuck/country owns them now) still 'get' how to make a fine car.

-

p.s. what's with this "Poonman" business... Spoon?

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Ya, this is spoon....yet another victim of admin abuse, but I don't seem to mind since "poonman" makes me laugh with how horndog douchey it sounds.

The speed 6 is a really badass car and Canadas lameness pisses me off to no end for not allowing them (or any TVRs) on the road.
Brits get all the fun cars, Merica gets all the cool guns, and Canada gets all the shit weather and monogamous clingy women.

Shit, even the Sagaris just about does it right (except for those bent pipes).
What was it...400hp, RWD, no traction control, and only comes with a stickshift? If I could get one in racing green, I'd start saving tomorrow.

But that's it though, eh? No more TVRs? This is literally the only thing Russia has done that pisses me off these days...any chance of the Indians buying them out and resurrecting the brand?

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
"poonman" makes me laugh with how horndog douchey it sounds.

LOL forever. You couldn't have PAID one of these guys for a funnier username. The forum cosmic slots racked straight 7's for you, when they set your name to "Poonman".