Page 862 of 870 FirstFirst ... 362762812852858859860861862863864865866 ... LastLast
Results 21,526 to 21,550 of 21734

Thread: Post Your Recent Purchases!

NEST Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyWarbler View Post
    What makes it better than a cheaper/smaller one that retails at a third the price? Is it just the look?
    Yes, just for the look.

Art of Typing Wiz

Quote Originally Posted by McColbo View Post
    It rotates, it's specifically for wall wart plugs:

8-Outlet Rotating/Pivoting Power Strip, Cable Management, 2160 Joules Surge Protection with Flat 360 Degree Plug - 6ft Cord https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005G2SUIG..._TdIoEb1BNV4NR
    Hmm Kinda neat. I used to own the old SEGA one that was made for those monster things.

Edit: I don't know why but in those Turbo pictures, I was looking at that fan and wondering how many fucking years it took to collect all that black dust. I hope you give that cab a lot of love it deserves. That bar in front of the coin slot while I know why it was put there still looks hideous.

Also noticed just now that the fan is even plugged in. I doubt you can get that much air circulation with a fan that fucking gross. It used to amaze me how some of my friends who had those kind things in their homes never cleaned them. It was always, "Oh I'll just throw it out and buy a new one.". One time my friend was in the middle of doing that and I'm like "Dude, is the motor busted?" and he's like "Nah it just doesn't blow air like it used to." Told him to give it to me for a moment, grabbed some tools, opened it up, used a can of air on it outside on the motor parts and in 20 minutes along with washing the plastic parts off with a hose and dishwater on the blades, dried it out, put it back together and turned it on and it blows like a $200.00 whore.

I had to stop from laughing at the guy at how he was amazed how well it worked. I just told him, "All you need is a simple screwdriver and some time and care and you can save yourself from wasting money."

Over the years it's amazing how people just throw things away if they don't work when almost all the time it only needs some care and cleaning to get the shit back to how they used to work. We are such a wasteful country.

I bought a vacuum cleaner from Goodwill once which new at the time was about $200.00. It was in rough shape but I plugged it in to see if it came on. Sure enough the motor ran and I could feel some slight air sucking on the unit. I took a chance and told the guy, I'll buy it for $10.00. He agreed so I got it home to begin working on it. Turns out the brush unit on the bottom had a TON of hair and whatever else fucking caught up in it.

I ended up having to take a knife to literally cut everything loose from the bottom part along with taking out the dust bin and other pieces and washing them fully. I checked the belts which were in good shape but I went to a hardware store and bought some new ones for that model. Installed everything after it dried out and now it works like brand fucking new. My total cost along with parts was about $30.00 so yeah nice score!
    Last edited by Viewpoint; 02-05-2020 at 04:24 AM.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Quote Originally Posted by ChopstickSamurai View Post
    Keeping them all plugged in freaks me out too.
    Don't worry it'll catch fire, all good mate.

Rugal's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    Don't worry it'll catch fire, all good mate.
    Yup sure will. The reason it's out front is because I only turn it on when i'm using them. That power strip is also plugged into a switched outlet. Only power going to it when i'm in the game room.

At least if it catches fire I want a front row seat from my couch!

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

I just cant stand seeing multiple consoles out in plain site. I also don't like having a bunch of power adapters hooked up at the same time. I just keep my stuff in crates and just pull out whatever I feel like playing one at a time. It just looks cleaner. I also don't like posters on my walls and I also dont like plushies and gaming memorabilia junk in display cases or on shelves. I also dont like figurines, action figures or whatever people call them.

The fact that your wives or gf's actually let you get away with having plushies out in the open worries me.

Quote Originally Posted by McColbo View Post
    It rotates, it's specifically for wall wart plugs:

8-Outlet Rotating/Pivoting Power Strip, Cable Management, 2160 Joules Surge Protection with Flat 360 Degree Plug - 6ft Cord https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005G2SUIG..._TdIoEb1BNV4NR
    You need one of these

Quote Originally Posted by Thierry Henry View Post
    I've read about that as well but my MDP-V7 model has played everythiņg that I've tried it with thus far.
    Early DiscoVision titles, a variety of movies from different regions and some late releases as well. No issues there.
    I think the bigger issue with Sonys is that spare parts aren't readily available so if you need something more than a belt then it's unfixable. Still, that doesn't stop me from using a Panasonic player myself, and Pioneer parts are starting to dry up as well.

Rugal's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    I just cant stand seeing multiple consoles out in plain site. I also don't like having a bunch of power adapters hooked up at the same time. I just keep my stuff in crates and just pull out whatever I feel like playing one at a time. It just looks cleaner. I also don't like posters on my walls and I also dont like plushies and gaming memorabilia junk in display cases or on shelves. I also dont like figurines, action figures or whatever people call them.

The fact that your wives or gf's actually let you get away with having plushies out in the open worries me.
    Wait, how did this evolve into plushies being out in the open? I don't even own any let alone have any out in the open...I do have my old Ninja Turtles, LEGO and random other toys from my childhood in bookcases though.

To each their own. I like to be able to decide what console i'm gonna use, pull a game off of a shelf easily, just put the cart in and play. No wires to hook up, no hunting for the game I want. My wife also plays, so this way everything is ready to go for her as well. If she wants to play she can just grab a game, sit on the couch and play, that way we aren't unpacking and hooking up different consoles every other day, putting extra wear and tear on the cables etc. Or if I've just got a quick 10 min to play I don't waste that time hooking everything up and whatnot.

I will say my current setup is temporary, i'm making a bracket so the flatscreen TV will swing up out of the way in front of the CRT, and a shelving system so all the consoles are neater, cable management will be neater too, I have a couple interesting ideas for that. That's a long term project though. The walls are getting framed in and insulated as well. This is the half of my basement that I put a subfloor and flooring down in, it'll be fully finished eventually.

More importantly...what DO you like? Besides storing things in crates and pooping on peoples parades?
    Last edited by McColbo; 02-05-2020 at 08:38 AM.

Psycho Soldier

He REALLY likes Xavier Pendragon.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Cholecystectomy Required.

I'm the opposite. I hate plugging in consoles, by the time I get to it I don't want to play anymore.
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."
    Switch FC 0965 2531 6217
    http://backloggery.com/ggallegos1/sig.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    ggallegos1 Is a cock sucking faggot. That is all.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Yea, hard work grabbing a console, power adapter, and video cable. Takes all but 5 min, if that.

Rugal's Thug

Yea, hard work grabbing a console, power adapter, and video cable. Takes all but 5 min, if that.

When i'm taking a break from some other project or something and just want to play quick, I don't want the hassle. I want to grab a cart, grab a beer, and play.

Amakusa's Tailor

I gravitate toward whatever's plugged in, so I end up not getting the variety that I DESERVE.

When you need one of those wal-mart scooters for fat people to move around, everything is hard work.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Quote Originally Posted by ggallegos1 View Post
    I'm the opposite. I hate plugging in consoles, by the time I get to it I don't want to play anymore.
    Maybe you never really wanted to play in the first place?

Art of Typing Wiz

That's why I wonder what kind of wife Metal Jesus has whenever he shows off all that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Shroom View Post
    You need one of these
    Yes! This is the exact son of a bitch I had.
    Last edited by Viewpoint; 02-05-2020 at 05:46 PM.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    He REALLY likes Xavier Pendragon.
    ArtisticIgnorantIvorybackedwoodswallow-max-1mb.gif

Playa' From
    Around The Way.

I'm with RAZO on this. I keep all my games (not many) in a hall closet. I personally don't care for the Metal Jesus look but I do keep alot of shit hooked up.

Belnar Institute Student

Quote Originally Posted by JoeAwesome View Post
    Let me know how the mod works out, especially if you do an output aside from composite or s-video.
    Will do. I will be using this board with the 8 pin mini din kit: https://shop.dansprojects.com/3dorgb.html

I also snagged this recently too. Ultra clean copy. Disc is spotless and everything else is in excellent shape too.

2020-02-05.jpg

Edo Express Delivery Guy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

I found one good deal at GameStop. With my $5 monthly coupon the total was under $9...

Angel's Love Slave

I don't see the point keeping bunches of retro hidden in a cupboard with the linen and vacuum cleaner.

Put it all out in a clean display and have it as a man cave/retro corner whatever.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by NERDtendo View Post
    I found one good deal at GameStop. With my $5 monthly coupon the total was under $9...

Is worth about $9. Possibly $5.

Fio's Quartermaster

Well, been purchasing lots of things since last update, mostly just computers, but this is more worth to mention. I should be getting it tomorrow

outrun.jpg

Thread Information