Page 861 of 869 FirstFirst ... 361761811851857858859860861862863864865 ... LastLast
Results 21,501 to 21,525 of 21707

Thread: Post Your Recent Purchases!

  1. #21501
    I survived Secret Santa
    It wasn't Easy.
    JoeAwesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    2,228
    Let me know how the mod works out, especially if you do an output aside from composite or s-video.

  2. #21502
    Medical Marijuana.
    Pfffttt......
    Dumbass 'murikanz.
    ratson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dordt!

    Posts
    6,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Shroom View Post


    Okay let's not get greedy...I'd also do it for a Star Trek TNG one.

    Oh yes, that one is fine too.

  3. #21503
    Sakura's Bank Manager
    Thierry Henry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    JHB, SA

    Posts
    890
    Grabbed a few LaserDisc movies from a local forum for next to nothing. Mostly just for courier postage costs.

    -Star Wars Trilogy: The Definitive Collection.
    -Star Trek: The Movies (25th Anniversary Collection). 5 movies here.
    -The Godfather Trilogy (Uncut). This is the one that plays the story in chronological order.
    -Terminator 2 (Uncut Special Edition).
    -Scarface (Signature Collection).
    -Vertigo (Signature Collection).
    -Psycho (Signature Collection).
    -Jaws (Signature Collection).
    -1941 (Signature Collection).
    -Dante's Peak (Signature Collection).
    -Logan's Run (Special Edition).
    -Silverado (Special Edition).
    -Ben Hur (35th Anniversary Edition).
    -The African Queen (Limited Commemorative Edition).
    -Gettysburg (Limited Collectors Edition).
    -Pink Floyd: The Wall (Widescreen Collectors Edition).

  4. #21504
    Cinema Ninja!
    bubba966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Washington

    Posts
    1,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Thierry Henry View Post
    Grabbed a few LaserDisc movies from a local forum for next to nothing. Mostly just for courier postage costs.

    -Star Wars Trilogy: The Definitive Collection.
    -Star Trek: The Movies (25th Anniversary Collection). 5 movies here.
    -The Godfather Trilogy (Uncut). This is the one that plays the story in chronological order.
    -Terminator 2 (Uncut Special Edition).
    -Scarface (Signature Collection).
    -Vertigo (Signature Collection).
    -Psycho (Signature Collection).
    -Jaws (Signature Collection).
    -1941 (Signature Collection).
    -Dante's Peak (Signature Collection).
    -Logan's Run (Special Edition).
    -Silverado (Special Edition).
    -Ben Hur (35th Anniversary Edition).
    -The African Queen (Limited Commemorative Edition).
    -Gettysburg (Limited Collectors Edition).
    -Pink Floyd: The Wall (Widescreen Collectors Edition).
    Nice haul of box sets ya picked up there.

  5. #21505
    Sakura's Bank Manager
    Thierry Henry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    JHB, SA

    Posts
    890
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba966 View Post
    Nice haul of box sets ya picked up there.
    They're all in great shape as well. Still looking for a decent player, tho. I have a Laseractive which is not great with LD quality playback, and an entry level type Sony player.
    The best that I can do over here without importing seems to be a Pioneer DVL-919. But that owner is in Cape Town and doesn't want to ship to Joburg.

  6. #21506
    NEST Puppet
    Raph4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Twilight Zone

    Posts
    184
    CYBER Gadget - Retro Design - HDMI Selector 2 3-in-1
    https://www.cybergadget.co.jp/produc...859029233.html



    One Famicom design version exists too :
    https://www.cybergadget.co.jp/produc...859028090.html
    Last edited by Raph4; 02-13-2020 at 08:50 AM.

  7. #21507
    Psycho Soldier
    DecepticonZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boston

    Posts
    4,661
    Quote Originally Posted by Raph4 View Post
    CYBER Gadget - Retro Design - HDMI Selector 2 3-in-1
    https://www.cybergadget.co.jp/produc...859029233.html















    One Famicom design version exists too :
    https://www.cybergadget.co.jp/produc...859028090.html
    That's the dumbest shit I've seen in a long time.

  8. #21508
    NEST Puppet
    Raph4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Twilight Zone

    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    That's the dumbest shit I've seen in a long time.
    and yet, I no regrets about buying it. It's really a great product.

  9. #21509
    man of the people Dr Shroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Redmond, WA

    Posts
    19,404
    what's the point? not enough HDMI ports on your TV?

  10. #21510
    NEST Puppet
    Raph4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    The Twilight Zone

    Posts
    184
    I have already one HDMI switch 4K (VanCryst VS481C) and my XRGB-mini add two HDMI ports.
    This one it's only for my Pi consoles. But yes, not enough HDMI ports on my TV (only 3)

  11. #21511
    drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    lachlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    A Hard Earned Thirst

    Posts
    12,358
    Do you really need to have everything connected at once? I never understood the people with 20 different fucking consoles connected to their TV's, is it so hard to get off your ass and swap a console now and again?

  12. #21512
    Hollywood Hulk Gohan GohanX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Hollywood, CA

    Posts
    10,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Shroom View Post
    what's the point? not enough HDMI ports on your TV?
    I could see it being handy if you have a bunch of little mini consoles in one spot like that. Personally I just have one HDMI and one micro USB power cord that I share and just plug them up to whichever system I feel like playing at the time.

  13. #21513
    I survived Secret Santa
    It wasn't Easy.
    JoeAwesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Texas

    Posts
    2,228
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    That's the dumbest shit I've seen in a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    Do you really need to have everything connected at once? I never understood the people with 20 different fucking consoles connected to their TV's, is it so hard to get off your ass and swap a console now and again?

  14. #21514
    Formerly Raz_Hoe.
    RAZO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New Jersey

    Posts
    7,107
    Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    Do you really need to have everything connected at once? I never understood the people with 20 different fucking consoles connected to their TV's, is it so hard to get off your ass and swap a console now and again?
    Word

  15. #21515
    I wish my name
    IRL... Was Rich.
    SCOOPIN' USA!
    radiantsvgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Isle of the Vewlix, in the Castle of Scoops

    Posts
    1,402
    Taito Canary I'm in the process of restoring:



    Marital Champion, $50 shipped off ebay, who said all the deals are gone? Had to get the sound module changed:


    Free RCA TV I'm hoping I can figure out an RGB mod on:
    Last edited by radiantsvgun; 02-04-2020 at 05:53 AM.

  16. #21516
    .
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Singapore

    Posts
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Raph4 View Post
    and yet, I no regrets about buying it. It's really a great product.

    What makes it better than a cheaper/smaller one that retails at a third the price? Is it just the look?

  17. #21517
    Rugal's Thug

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Albany, NY

    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    Do you really need to have everything connected at once? I never understood the people with 20 different fucking consoles connected to their TV's, is it so hard to get off your ass and swap a console now and again?
    It's way way way easier with a switch. Got this extron switch for $50 on ebay. Everything runs through it component. Just push a button on the front for the input. No cables to swap around...I still have to get off my ass to hit the button though.

    IMG_20191117_235419.jpg

  18. #21518
    Cinema Ninja!
    bubba966's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Washington

    Posts
    1,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Thierry Henry View Post
    They're all in great shape as well. Still looking for a decent player, tho. I have a Laseractive which is not great with LD quality playback, and an entry level type Sony player.
    The best that I can do over here without importing seems to be a Pioneer DVL-919. But that owner is in Cape Town and doesn't want to ship to Joburg.
    Yeah the LA deck isn't very good for regular LD playback. The DVL line is actually rather good. Try and grab that 919 if ya can.

  19. #21519
    Azu Bla

    Bishamon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada

    Posts
    3,621
    Quote Originally Posted by bubba966 View Post
    Yeah the LA deck isn't very good for regular LD playback. The DVL line is actually rather good. Try and grab that 919 if ya can.
    Avoid the Sony players; there were lots of movies that just wouldn't play, and Sony would claim that the discs were 'out of spec', which they may have been, but they would play fine in other brands.

  20. #21520
    Art of Typing Wiz


    Viewpoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas

    Posts
    5,271
    Quote Originally Posted by McColbo View Post
    It's way way way easier with a switch. Got this extron switch for $50 on ebay. Everything runs through it component. Just push a button on the front for the input. No cables to swap around...I still have to get off my ass to hit the button though.

    IMG_20191117_235419.jpg
    That power brick on the floor on the right is fucking terrifying.

  21. #21521
    Rugal's Thug

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Albany, NY

    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Viewpoint View Post
    That power brick on the floor on the right is fucking terrifying.
    It rotates, it's specifically for wall wart plugs:

    8-Outlet Rotating/Pivoting Power Strip, Cable Management, 2160 Joules Surge Protection with Flat 360 Degree Plug - 6ft Cord https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005G2SUIG..._TdIoEb1BNV4NR

  22. #21522
    Haomaru's Blade Shiner
    NERDtendo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Republic, WA

    Posts
    843
    My daughter’s school called me and said they found an arcade game in their boiler room...I bought it.



    SEGA Turbo. It was chopped and lowered, but a little elbow grease and a new power plug and it works.




  23. #21523
    I have earned the
    right to PM Rot.
    ChopstickSamurai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Planet Earth

    Posts
    1,542
    Quote Originally Posted by McColbo View Post
    It rotates, it's specifically for wall wart plugs:

    8-Outlet Rotating/Pivoting Power Strip, Cable Management, 2160 Joules Surge Protection with Flat 360 Degree Plug - 6ft Cord https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005G2SUIG..._TdIoEb1BNV4NR
    Keeping them all plugged in freaks me out too.

    Quote Originally Posted by NERDtendo View Post
    My daughter’s school called me and said they found an arcade game in their boiler room...I bought it.
    Sweet find! How did it end up in the boiler room? Did Freddy Krueger need something to do in between murdering children? [emoji16]

  24. #21524
    Host for Orochi
    titchgamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    United Kingdom

    Posts
    904
    Quote Originally Posted by NERDtendo View Post
    My daughter’s school called me and said they found an arcade game in their boiler room...I bought it.



    SEGA Turbo. It was chopped and lowered, but a little elbow grease and a new power plug and it works.




    Nice find!

  25. #21525
    Sakura's Bank Manager
    Thierry Henry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    JHB, SA

    Posts
    890
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishamon View Post
    Avoid the Sony players; there were lots of movies that just wouldn't play, and Sony would claim that the discs were 'out of spec', which they may have been, but they would play fine in other brands.
    I've read about that as well but my MDP-V7 model has played everythiņg that I've tried it with thus far.
    Early DiscoVision titles, a variety of movies from different regions and some late releases as well. No issues there.
    Last edited by Thierry Henry; 02-05-2020 at 01:38 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •