Page 797 of 853 FirstFirst ... 297697747787793794795796797798799800801807847 ... LastLast
Results 19,901 to 19,925 of 21303

Thread: Post Your Recent Purchases!

We have purposely
    trained him wrong
    ...as a joke.

Got this cool pcb holder, no more screwing things in hopefully. Well worth the $12.

Only caveat is that you need to trim a little bit off the top for it to fit vertically on a Egret II.

Horizontally it would fit but you would need a jamma extender. Additionally the sliding mechanism is tension based so putting it left to right instead of top to down opens up the chance of your board sliding out / if a piece of plastic breaks nothing to catch the pcb.

Last edited by ChuChu Flamingo; 01-20-2019 at 02:03 PM.

he spends hundreds on scarves, of course he's a fag and then ChuChu Flamingo preserved the aftermath in a plastic case making sure it wasn't exposed to unstable air
    You're just upset that you're too goddam stupid to understand the games and whiff infinites.
    Nintendo 64 Pikachu Edition Serial #NS294668665 Nintendo 64 "Funtastic Series" Jungle Green Serial #NS28721865

Dodgeball Yakuza

Ninja Combat Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Amy View Post
    More than the arcade?

We'll find out. Hopefully giving it a shot tomorrow or Monday.
    Well, I absolutely hate Shinobi on SMS. It's hot garbage. It's definitely prettier than the NES version, but that's the only good thing I think I could say for it. So, so many issues:

• The bomb power-up. Why does this exist? It significantly reduces your range and just makes the game harder.
    • Some jumps in 2-3, 4-2, and 4-3 feel like you need to be pixel perfect. They're manageable once you get use to them, but it feels unnecessary to have significantly hader jumps than any of other versions.
    • Mandara phase 1 is stricter than any of the other versions. Wasted too many attempts just to make it to and die on this asshole.
    • When you duck immediately after hitting the ground, you can still get hit as if you're standing for a brief moment even though you're visually ducking. Not a deal breaker, but feels wrong.
    • Melee attacks are super unreliable. Sometimes you'll be pointblank and still throw a shuriken. And vice versa where you are far away yet still and up meleeing.
    • 5-2 isn't even remotely fair.

I wish I could say I beat it, but I never made it past 5-2 without using the level select. And I don't really want to keep trying because it's just not fun. It's sad because with some relatively minor tweaks, it could have been much, much better.

I'd probably rank the versions I've played like this:

1. Arcade
    2. PC Engine
    3. NES
    4. SMS
    Last edited by Pretty Amy; 01-21-2019 at 12:03 AM.

Geese's Thug

(The Last Blade 1 & 2)

I think I've been in this hobby too long when I don't read Japanese but I already knew those were the two Last Blade games. That's a lot of good stuff there.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

I finally found an original marquee holder for my Aero. It needs to be cleaned, and I'm thinking about making some X-Men vs SF art for it.

arcade 2.jpg
    arcade 1.jpg

Pupil of Bonus-Kun

Astra Superstar

drove about a 1000 miles to pick up this bad boy.

a Capcom Impress with only 6500 coin usage so far!

50301896_2289678867934033_7344705942325297152_n.jpg

Cholecystectomy Required.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamazaki View Post

Those are damn nice looking
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."
    Switch FC 0965 2531 6217

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    ggallegos1 Is a cock sucking faggot. That is all.

Super Sidekicks

I recently picked up an Avermedia ER130 HDMI recorder. I want to use it for two things, record gameplay and digitize VHS tapes. This recorder is hdmi only so I decided to get an Extron DVS 204 and use my simple component to hdmi adapter with it to be able to adapt composite video. I previously used an EasyCap for this but for bad tapes with a lot of dropouts the recording cuts out and is a hassle to get right. This setup below shows the new "standalone" (PC less) setup.
    VCR composite out > Extron (deinterlacing, scaling, sizing, blanking etc.) component out @576p > Component to HDMI > Avermedia
    IMG_1085k.jpg
    I want to try the Extron with game consoles as well, for example PS2 480i. The lack of deinterlacing on the OSSC bothers me and I could put the Extron between the PS2 and OSSC. The DVS 204 can also either normalize the refresh rates or match the input.

I got cases from customgamecases.com for my N64 games, as I got all the ones I want and wanted to show them properly because shelves.

The cases came out great, however the 2-person operation seems to be overwhelmed, as they only shipped me 26 of my 28 cases with a letter promising to ship the others (robotron and winback) as soon as they make them. They also accidentally put Zelda Master Quest in a NES case, so I emailed them.

The cases look and feel great, sturdy and bright printing quality. I just wish they were more responsive in their customer service, I'll update as needed.
    Switch FC 0965 2531 6217

NEST Puppet

Very nice cab!

Quote Originally Posted by embergabor View Post
    I recently picked up an Avermedia ER130 HDMI recorder. I want to use it for two things, record gameplay and digitize VHS tapes. This recorder is hdmi only so I decided to get an Extron DVS 204 and use my simple component to hdmi adapter with it to be able to adapt composite video. I previously used an EasyCap for this but for bad tapes with a lot of dropouts the recording cuts out and is a hassle to get right. This setup below shows the new "standalone" (PC less) setup.
    VCR composite out > Extron (deinterlacing, scaling, sizing, blanking etc.) component out @576p > Component to HDMI > Avermedia
    IMG_1085k.jpg
    I want to try the Extron with game consoles as well, for example PS2 480i. The lack of deinterlacing on the OSSC bothers me and I could put the Extron between the PS2 and OSSC. The DVS 204 can also either normalize the refresh rates or match the input.
    I always wondered how well that device would work converting composite sources, but not quite enough to try one. I love used Extron stuff, it's usually way cheaper than the dedicated home video equipment and often better.

Host for Orochi

Quote Originally Posted by iStreet View Post
    Some serious classics here. Good one!

Quote Originally Posted by Pep
    Your nickname suits very well for someone who has decided collecting NGH

Mr. Big's Thug

Long time i havent posted but recently ive been buying up from your homeland to bring back to OZ.Most of them are project to convert back to original.
    Here some of my purchases leaving for OZ.
    IMG_E4314.JPGIMG_E4316.JPGIMG_E4317.JPGIMG_E4318.JPGIMG_E4319.JPGIMG_E4320.JPGIMG_E4321.JPGIMG_E4322.JPGIMG_E4323.JPG

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Got myself this edition (wanted it for a long time)

To replace this bad boy

It's a white spray painted purple one with cobra modchip, modified upper part (12cm. discs), blue led and a few other additions,

Of course, also got these in the past weeks.

Bonus stuff

And an off-topic one. The dog doesn't fancy me playing Metal Slug, she tries every single toy to get my attention.

Last edited by Hawwa; 01-23-2019 at 02:48 PM.

Baseball Star Hitter

A friend of mine found an Impress at a goodwill like 5-6 years ago......lucky bastard

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out my youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzm...SHN-k1d8rj6Q_A

NG.com Tattoo Artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Nesagwa View Post
    If a middle aged woman shitting on a glass coffee table shocks you, let me welcome you to the internet as you must be new here.

Astra Superstar

Nice cabs dudes.
    Neo Geo AES JP serial #108523 | Super Neo AES JP serial #081188

Southtown Streetwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Amy View Post
    The SMS isn't a platform I have a lot of experience with.
    The SMS is a true oddball. Blessed with powerful arcade ports, it got bashed for it with the usual anti-arcade trash talk like "with a few continues, game X can be beaten during one afternoon" or "game Y has many unfair sequences, where energy loss is unavoidable" etc. Evidently video game magazine editors never understood arcade games and never will. They sure know their creditfeeding, though.

Consequently many titles were criminally underrated, like the very good port of DECO's Captain Silver or the very ambitious port of Shadow Dancer. Anyway, the fact that it was so popular in Europe made it possible, that PALestine was endowed with some of the greatest exclusives, like Power Strike II, Asterix or Dragon's Trap, old Nippon could only go green with envy. A historical precedent, no less.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Shinobi is pretty great once you get over the fact that it's not really a port of the arcade game. It kinda does that Konami did with their nes games where instead of making a crap port they did something that plays to the strengths of the system. It took me a while to appreciate it but it's a great game.
    That's brilliant understanding of the SMS concept. Similar can be said about the SMS version of Ninja Gaiden, Enduro Racer or, maybe most prominently, Ancient's first Sonic and SMS Castle of Illusion, which both feature a different level design, such good ones in fact, they rival the Mega Drive originals, arguably even exceeding them.

Sonic 1 SMS is really great. I think a lot more people would appreciate it if it had come out a couple of years before the Genesis game since they don't really play the same.

Haomaru's Blade Shiner

Took receipt of this lil Beauty last night!

Wasted no time installing it just need to sort a SD card out now.

Is he mass producing these yet or is it still just one guy who makes like 5 at a time that sell out immediately
    Switch FC 0965 2531 6217

NAM-75 Vet

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Sonic 1 SMS is really great. I think a lot more people would appreciate it if it had come out a couple of years before the Genesis game since they don't really play the same.
    MS/GG Sonic > MD Sonic

The Master System is an awesome system with some really great games.

Pleasure Goal

Quote Originally Posted by -SD- View Post
    MS/GG Sonic > MD Sonic
    Yup, although MD Sonic 2 > MS Sonic 2.

MS Sonic 2 is still a great game that deserves a playthrough though. Ditto Sonic Chaos.
    Derp

Thread Information