Page 616 of 670 FirstFirst ... 116516566606612613614615616617618619620626666 ... LastLast
Results 15,376 to 15,400 of 16732

Thread: Post Your Recent Purchases!

Neo*Geomancer

IDK bout the game but that ad is nice!

Withered Penis!

Quote Originally Posted by wyo View Post
    IDK bout the game but that ad is nice!
    Case in pussy, bro. Genesis.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Benjamin
    As for the collector, his collection is never complete; even if he is missing but a single object, all that he has collected nevertheless remains fragmentary...

J. Max's Chauffeur
    In the Ikari Attack Helicopter over the Philadelphia Seaside with J. Max, Robert Garcia, Mr. Krabs, and a Mean Guile to defeat evil, then eat cheesesteaks and water ice afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    Case in pussy, bro. Genesis.
    Only tennis game that competes with Super Tennis is Virtua Tennis 16 bit pussy or no
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Speaking of that, the most bizzare thing that happened at that TMG (http://www.toomanygames.com/) was Ed Flemming getting his truck front bumper stuck to a pole and ripping it clean off!! Goes to show, you shouldn't drink and drive.

Jon

Chang's Grocer

Quote Originally Posted by andsuchisdeath View Post
    I'm not saying you haven't played much of the action/shooting/beat 'em ups on the SNES, but like, I'm always like "hmmmm what do you mean?" when people are like "Well the snes only good for Nintendo and RPGS....gunstar heroes rullzzzz".

I'm like "yeah....ok"
    Yes, this is very interesting. It seems that "Nintendo and RPGS" did overshadow the obscure on the SFC. Severe region-lock from the beginning and a stark localization policy, both made the search for imports either tough or unnecessary. The family friendly image did the rest.

The SNES can be played like the Genesis, but it demands deeper understanding of what you're doing and... you'll definitely have to loose some sloth. The latter is especially tough, because Nintendo encouraged it for decades in players.

After all these years, it seems that the intellectual approach of a standard SNES fan boy is running only with 3.58 MHz. A Genesis fan just knows how to use that to his advantage...

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

For instance, sports games are better on the Genesis. Those include Madden, FIFA, and NHL franchises. Baseball too for that matter, Lasorda et al. Even Mutant League series was good (Genesis exclusive along with Hockey) and Jerry Glanville Pigskin Footbrawl.

The lads might not know on this one.

Maybe the lads are unaware.

Lads.
    Yup, playing the EA sports games on the Snes feels like you were playing in slow motion lol. I really noticed it when playing NHL 94.
    Last edited by RAZO; 07-25-2017 at 09:57 AM.

Formerly Giltygear
    xROTx
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces
    For instance, sports games are better on the Genesis. Those include Madden, FIFA, and NHL franchises. Baseball too for that matter, Lasorda et al. Even Mutant League series was good (Genesis exclusive along with Hockey) and Jerry Glanville Pigskin Footbrawl.

This should be common knowledge at this point. People who didn't know this by now are just ignorant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvie View Post
    Xorthen was on my case for a few days via PM (and then some) offering to pay me $20 just to talk on the phone with me for an hour, but he chickened out or something and then decided to be an asshole in public towards me

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by wyo View Post
    The Mega Drive was my first console and it's a great system but there's no way in hell you can convince me it's superior to the Super Nintendo. After the SNES came out, that was pretty much all I played. Pick a genre, any genre...chances are the SNES has the best lineup. Shmups is arguable I suppose but quantity does not equal quality.
    I guess it depends. My Console Timeline was the Nes (My Older Brothers), Genesis, Sega CD, Playstation, PS2. I missed out on alot of shit growing up. I played the Snes when I went over to friends houses from time to time but was never crazy about owning one. I got into the Snes and other consoles like Neo-Geo, PCE, Saturn in my early to mid 20's.

After all these years the SNES is still the console that gets the least amount of play in the 8-16 bit department and this is my favorite era. I've tried over and over again to like the games. The games have vibrant colors, sometimes neat 3d effects, and sound great but there is something missing. Maybe it's that adult oriented thing that people mention about the Genny, maybe I lean more towards those adult oriented games. I've enjoyed a good amount of games on the PC Engine Like Spriggan, Rondo, LOT, Ninja Spirits, even Bloody Wolf lol. Neo-Geo and CPS-2 still get a good amount of play like my Genny and Nes but the Snes is still that console that I really want to love but the feeling isn't there. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by RAZO; 07-25-2017 at 08:51 AM.

Rugal's Thug

Maybe the lads are unaware.

Lads.
    Street fighter on Genesis played a lot better than SNES, and that is almost true on any game that you need fast response.
    Totally agree on face buttons being better than shoulder buttons for the games on that time. Shoulder buttons are good for FPS and racing.
    SNES was built for graphics and sound, not for fast paced games.
    Another big problem with the SNE is its resolution, most games are stretched to fit the NTSC/Pal-M TV resolution so lots of platform games suffer from this deformation (see toy story).

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by gtmartini View Post
    Street fighter on Genesis played a lot better than SNES, and that is almost true on any game that you need fast response.
    Totally agree on face buttons being better than shoulder buttons for the games on that time. Shoulder buttons are good for FPS and racing.
    Another big problem with the SNE is its resolution, most games are stretched to fit the NTSC/Pal-M TV resolution so lots of platform games suffer from this deformation (see toy story).
    SF has been argued about for years. I always thought Turbo sounded better but Champion Edition played better. I can't knock on Turbo though, still a great game.
    Last edited by RAZO; 07-25-2017 at 09:43 AM.

KING of teh SCOOPS!

Project NNC in today. Got a blast jamma harness in there now thats like a rats nest. Gonna pull that out and replace it with river service harness. Other than that, most of the restoration work is gonna be purely cosmetic.

Quote Originally Posted by kernow View Post
    Serious, serious problems man, you have them.

Formerly the Drunk
    known as Tyrandom.

Have you ever tried Uniracers? It's one of the fastest experience you can have with a 16 bit hardware.
    I also don't find differences in reactivity between the 2 systems.

The main problem with a slower cpu is not the speed/rhythm, but less sprites on screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Chief View Post
    It's Neo Bomberman for those who can't tell. In my experience it's pretty common to find mint labels on Japanese titles. More so than English ones anyway.
    There is no English one.................it's a boot if you see any

Formerly Giltygear
    xROTx
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces
    Quote Originally Posted by RAZ_HOE! View Post
    SF has been argued about for years. I always thought Turbo sounded better but Champion Edition played better. I can't knock on Turbo though, still a great game.
    They play the same.

Turbo did sound and look better, but was not faster or slower than Ch. Ed.

Dat bass on the Genesis is real, tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvie View Post
    Xorthen was on my case for a few days via PM (and then some) offering to pay me $20 just to talk on the phone with me for an hour, but he chickened out or something and then decided to be an asshole in public towards me

Another Striker

My recent pick up. Finally got snatcher and.... It's not my cup of tea. But it will make a good collection piece

B. Jenet's Firstmate

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    My recent pick up. Finally got snatcher and.... It's not my cup of tea. But it will make a good collection piece

Excellent pickup!
    You'll have lots of fun playing almost all of those games.
    I could never get into the Dragon Warrior games : (

Another Striker

Quote Originally Posted by sr20det510 View Post
    Excellent pickup!
    You'll have lots of fun playing almost all of those games.
    I could never get into the Dragon Warrior games : (
    I bought the lot for snatcher and the lunar games. The rest were just an epic bonus!

J. Max's Chauffeur
    In the Ikari Attack Helicopter over the Philadelphia Seaside with J. Max, Robert Garcia, Mr. Krabs, and a Mean Guile to defeat evil, then eat cheesesteaks and water ice afterwards

That Fatal Fury Special for Sega Cd doesn't come cheap, I'm curious on how it compares to the AES and MVS version.
    Speaking of that, the most bizzare thing that happened at that TMG (http://www.toomanygames.com/) was Ed Flemming getting his truck front bumper stuck to a pole and ripping it clean off!! Goes to show, you shouldn't drink and drive.

Jon

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
    Remember: if you have sex in the crushing poverty of third world India, do not use any form of contraception!

Quote Originally Posted by Ralfakick View Post
    That Fatal Fury Special for Sega Cd doesn't come cheap, I'm curious on how it compares to the AES and MVS version.
    The game looks like shit but it plays OK. If I had to choose, I'd go with the PC Engine version over the Sega CD one.

Another Striker

Yeah it does play decently. But not 100% like the neo versions. It's not worth the price tag it's getting on eBay. It's more of a $10-$15 game.

Fio's Quartermaster

My gawd man...what a haul! Congrats!

J. Max's Chauffeur

Yeah it does play decently. But not 100% like the neo versions. It's not worth the price tag it's getting on eBay. It's more of a $10-$15 game.
    I've been curious about it but just like you said not for those prices. Is Samurai Shodown just as bad price wise? I have to check eBay. Still, much love for Sega cd, and congrats on the sweet scoops!
    Last edited by Ralfakick; 07-25-2017 at 01:37 PM.

Jon

It's Time Us Welsh
    Stood on our own 2 feet
    WEL_SHIT!
    PS. FOOK teh EU!

Quote Originally Posted by andsuchisdeath View Post
    I don't think it should "boil down to what you played back in the day".

Consciously indulging in nostalgia is fine. I do it from time to time.

But I think a lot of people use it as a crutch or an excuse to not look beyond what they know, because, they're comfortable liking what they know...and they just don't really care that much.

I'm not saying you haven't played much of the action/shooting/beat 'em ups on the SNES, but like, I'm always like "hmmmm what do you mean?" when people are like "Well the snes only good for Nintendo and RPGS....gunstar heroes rullzzzz".

I'm like "yeah....ok"

You know?
    I can understand your points but, the games systems, tv shows, sports team i grew up getting attatched to "back in the day" are the ones that are ingrained in me and are my favourites and yes a copious amount of nostalgia is involved.
    I'm far from being a blinkered sega fanboy though (although i will admit to being one) and like i said my second favourite console of all time is the snes and certainly not for the jrpg's.
    It's got a fantastic library of games, i just like the MD equivalents more, i'm not one for dissecting a game apart like some michelin restaurant critic, i'm a simple man and if i like a game, meh, i like it, it's as simple as that.
    What's wrong with gunstar heroes lol, it's a fantastic run and gun game that's why peeps mention it, better than contra hard corps, but not as good as alien soldier or mega turrican IMO.
    TBH if i did a list here of my top 5 brawlers, run and guns, action/platformers and shooters on the 2 systems i'd really not struggle to pick 5 stand out games on both systems in all the genres i've mentioned, but i still rather the MD equivalents lol.

Another Striker

Last I checked samurai shodown on the Sega cd was averaging 60-70. I have the complete case and manual
    But no disc! Yard sales are sometimes hit and miss like that.

But it does play great on the Sega cd. Much better than fatal fury on the Sega cd.

Also thanks! I was stoked to find this lot. I had to pass on some other stuff. Only had so much cash with me

Neo*Geomancer

Last I checked samurai shodown on the Sega cd was averaging 60-70. I have the complete case and manual
    But no disc! Yard sales are sometimes hit and miss like that.

But it does play great on the Sega cd. Much better than fatal fury on the Sega cd.

Also thanks! I was stoked to find this lot. I had to pass on some other stuff. Only had so much cash with me
    You must live in a pristine gaming wilderness, almost untouched by resellers and hoarders.

Nice scoops man, congrats!

Morden's Lackey

Damn. Some amazing stuff here! I bet this was not cheap! Sick scoops

Thread Information