Page 501 of 870 FirstFirst ... 401451491497498499500501502503504505511551601 ... LastLast
Results 12,501 to 12,525 of 21731

Thread: Post Your Recent Purchases!

Neo-Geo.com's
    Top Rated Bully.
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces

Quote Originally Posted by FAT$TACKS View Post
    Picked up another movie that I'm pretty excited about having.

Decent shape overall. I love these old CED movies because of the big art on the front. Not the coolest cover though but still a great movie.

Attachment 40662
    How's the quality on those discs? I've never heard of them until a few years ago - the disc never comes out of the case, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by swlovinist View Post
    And this is why I don't post here more often. Some truly terrible posts here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSegaDude View Post
    There's a reason why I don't post much here...

Not Average Joe.
    Not Average Homeowner.
    Not Average At All.

Quote Originally Posted by FilthyRear View Post
    How's the quality on those discs? I've never heard of them until a few years ago - the disc never comes out of the case, right?
    Well, they do but in the machine. You insert and then pull the cover back out and the disc unlocks and stays in. The video quality is not bad, but usually the discs one gets are kind of shit condition. I mostly buy them just because they are movies I like and display them.

If you are interested here is a pretty good video about them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LrPe0rwXOU

Also, you can still get some replacement parts for them. My player isn't all that great but it works well enough. I just have it as a novelty as its kind of fun to fart around with some times.

Really, it's insane to even get messed up into this stuff I suppose. The container becomes more important than the contents, in a way.
    Last edited by FAT$TACKS; 11-19-2016 at 08:05 PM.

New Challenger

Just ordered an Omega to play my recent MVS copy of Windjammers . I will post pics when I get the system.

Armored Scrum Object

Quote Originally Posted by J-Burns View Post
    Its not a big red and needs a little tlc but its the perfect size for my new apartment! Came with SvC Chaos, Strikers 1945, Metal Slug 5, and Power Instinct Matrimelee!
    I have also that SCB-U4 cabinet. I rather own this than big red cabinet cos they are so common. What language do you have on that metal panel where you can choose player and game? If you are planning to do restoration you could change those white buttons cos they are not original.

Sakura's Bank Manager

The video quality is not bad, but usually the discs one gets are kind of shit condition. I mostly buy them just because they are movies I like and display them.
    Any CED disc that comes into your possession you need to leave it play fully start-to-finish, this will help with the potential skipping when you actually sit down to watch it.
    It's almost like "running" it in before the actual viewing. I have a spare player just for that purpose.
    But as you mentioned, if it's in really bad shape to start with, not much you can do with that.

Also, you can still get some replacement parts for them.
    Yep, you sure can. From rebuilt or replacement stylus, to gear replacements, to the belts, etc. The folks over at the CED Magic forums are plenty helpful.

Really, it's insane to even get messed up into this stuff I suppose. The container becomes more important than the contents, in a way.
    Nowadays it can be just a novelty or a collectible for some, sure, but I still use it quite regularly. I especially get a kick out of those "interactive" CED's. But you need the higher-end players to access all the features.

I have quite a number of PAL CED's as well, but unfortunately no PAL machine to play them on.

NEST Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by vysethebold View Post
    Just ordered an Omega to play my recent MVS copy of Windjammers . I will post pics when I get the system.
    I'm eager to read your impressions and see pictures when it arrives because I'm considering purchasing one myself.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Lazy SNK Employee

The language is Finnish

Mr. Big's Thug

The only console port made by TOAPLAN themselves, a real Japanese jewel for the great MD. I've been looking for it and trying to purchase a complete unit for years. Now at last, it's at home.
    Last edited by ULTRA 4TH GEN; 11-20-2016 at 12:26 PM.

PATRIOTS IN BARCELONA (SPAIN) 10/8/2017

Avid Neo-Expert

Picked up another movie that I'm pretty excited about having.

Decent shape overall. I love these old CED movies because of the big art on the front. Not the coolest cover though but still a great movie.

Attachment 40662

Also, here are some recent VHS pickups. I've snagged some other shit but these are by far the best ones in my recent grabs.

Attachment 40663
    Attachment 40664
    Great movie pickups! The gate hell yea!
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

King's Barkeep

Quote Originally Posted by ULTRA 4TH GEN View Post
    The only console port made by TOAPLAN themselves
    This isn't true.

I have earned the
    right to PM Rot.

Quote Originally Posted by elGRIZZbo View Post
    I'm eager to read your impressions and see pictures when it arrives because I'm considering purchasing one myself.

I've had mine for a few years now and absolutely love it. Highly recommended.

Mr. Big's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by andsuchisdeath View Post
    This isn't true.
    I have always read about it in several sites. I will appreciate more info if you have it to share here. Thanks

At this point, what I know is that:
    The Mega Drive version was released on May 28, 1993, is the only console port of the game directly developed by Toaplan themselves. It was published by TENGEN in Japan and by Samsung in South Korea.

Snow Bros. was licensed to Manchester's Ocean Software for conversion to both the Atari ST and the Commodore Amiga home computers in 1991 but they were never officially released.

Capcom published the NES and GAMEBOY ports in US and Europe and it was developed by SOL.

Sources: GameFAQS, SegaRETRO, JeuxVIDEO, SEGA-16 and WIKIPEDIA

Last edited by ULTRA 4TH GEN; 11-20-2016 at 02:22 PM.

PATRIOTS IN BARCELONA (SPAIN) 10/8/2017

King's Barkeep

Haha I thought you meant the game was the only in house Toaplan port in general!

Yeah, Toaplan didn't do the other Snow Bros. ports.

It's Time Us Welsh
    Stood on our own 2 feet
    WEL_SHIT!
    PS. FOOK teh EU!

Quote Originally Posted by ULTRA 4TH GEN View Post

The only console port made by TOAPLAN themselves, a real Japanese jewel for the great MD. I've been looking for it and trying to purchase a complete unit for years. Now at last, it's at home.
    Very nice.
    One of my grail games for the MD that i really wished i'd picked up years ago when it was a little less stupidly priced.
    A fab game as well, but most probably one i'll never own.

Armored Scrum Object

The language is Finnish
    Would be nice to know how the cabinet ended up there

Do you have keys to it? I am missing keys to my cabinet and I dont want to drill the locks if there is another option.
    The front door has different lock but the mini marquee and monitor panel has locks that take circle keys.
    I would be interested of buying a key to those. It would be possible that yours has same locks than my cabinet.
    Last edited by godzilla43; 11-20-2016 at 03:20 PM.

Lazy SNK Employee

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla43 View Post
    Would be nice to know how the cabinet ended up there

Do you have keys to it? I am missing keys to my cabinet and I dont want to drill the locks if there is another option.
    The front door has different lock but the mini marquee and monitor panel has locks that take circle keys.
    I would be interested of buying a key to those. It would be possible that yours has same locks than my cabinet.
    Unfortunately no keys to the back and the front doesnt have a lock on it. The coin slot was added on there by an arcade at some point and def isnt original. Not sure how it got there but the guy I bought it from was given it by hos boss. I guess it was sitting in some warehouse or storage.
    Do you have any info on the button layout or where I might be able to find a replacement CPO since this one is missing 1/3 of it?

Armored Scrum Object

Unfortunately no keys to the back and the front doesnt have a lock on it. The coin slot was added on there by an arcade at some point and def isnt original. Not sure how it got there but the guy I bought it from was given it by hos boss. I guess it was sitting in some warehouse or storage.
    Do you have any info on the button layout or where I might be able to find a replacement CPO since this one is missing 1/3 of it?
    You dont have even key to top of the cabinet for mini marquees? I dont fortunately know where you could get replacement CPO. I have been looking for restoration parts from internet because I also would like new side stickers. I found a french company called neo-legend who had in their blog post similar cabinet but they have stopped doing restoration.

Here is picture of CPO and original buttons:

mvspanel.JPG

Southtown Cop

Quote Originally Posted by cat View Post
    One of my grail games for the MD that i really wished i'd picked up years ago when it was a little less stupidly priced.
    A fab game as well, but most probably one i'll never own.
    Unfortunately, once you played the arcade original, you can't really go back to this port, unless you just love collecting.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclaude View Post
    Unfortunately, once you played the arcade original, you can't really go back to this port, unless you just love collecting.
    This. The port is 10x more expensive as well
    Neo Geo AES #011035 #036442 | Neo Geo CD #0002814 #0015959 | MVS Executive | Razion 1cc Club President | NG.com Top Trader
    ATTN NOOBS: Jamma Nation X makes the best CMVS & Superguns, PERIOD! | Unofficial MVS and AES Price Guide
    Quote Originally Posted by SNKSOUL View Post
    I ask a complete account removal extraction

I ask the deletion authorized by Neo Geo Admin Judge Dredd.

Thanks a lot.

Who?

Quote Originally Posted by wyo_vr4 View Post
    This. The port is 10x more expensive as well
    And it's sadly not the only example.

PAL Snes Sunset Riders and PAL Mega Drive Fatal Fury 2 are way more expensive than the arcade ones.

FF2 on the Mega Drive is as expensive as getting a Japanese AES + FF2 lol

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by oliverclaude View Post
    I agree. I like the MD and Nes versions but still prefer the arcade version. I guess it's whatever floats your boat.

赤裸裸的汽車人

The Gate has eluded me for years. Good to know they are still out there.
    This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

Lazy SNK Employee

some pick ups over last 6 months

Also my first stick ive built for the neogeo
    all sanwa parts and neogeo emblem painted by my gf
    Last edited by violentluke; 11-21-2016 at 03:53 PM.

Who?

Congrats on all those Saturn gems.

Lazy SNK Employee

Quote Originally Posted by Atro View Post
    Congrats on all those Saturn gems.
    Thanks bud, I got into a Saturn shoot em up mood there for awhile

Thread Information