OutRun soundtrack vinyl.

Attachment 57420
    Attachment 57421
    That's fucking awesome!

I wish my name
    IRL... Was Rich.
    SCOOPIN' USA!
    Isle of the Vewlix, in the Castle of Scoops

Neo Sc-19 coming in; and Neo 25 being prepared to leave. It is bittersweet as the Neo 25 was the cab I cut my teeth on with repairs, but its going to go to a member here. Had to fix a lot on it- new speakers, new bulb, new harness, swapped in NAC power supply.

The SC-19 is one of the only cabs I've received I've never had to do any work on.

Re: Outrun Vinyl- hot fire Raston! I keep missing that when it gets restocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiso View Post
    Nobody cares what you think, Saner.

Nobody.

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Quote Originally Posted by radiantsvgun View Post
    Neo Sc-19 coming in; and Neo 25 being prepared to leave. It is bittersweet as the Neo 25 was the cab I cut my teeth on with repairs, but its going to go to a member here. Had to fix a lot on it- new speakers, new bulb, new harness, swapped in NAC power supply.

The SC-19 is one of the only cabs I've received I've never had to do any work on.

Fuck yes! Nice scoop!

Enemy Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Raph4 View Post
    arrived today

Nice box!
    <a href=http://naikanomtom.wordpress.com target=_blank>naikanomtom.wordpress.com</a>

Nice, man! It looks great.

Recently got these in. I discovered Skyblazer a few years back and finally broke down and bought a copy when I saw the EU version for under $50 bucks (including shipping). Glad to get this in my collection finally. Brilliant platformer - except that water palace level can go fuck it self.

I missed out on Beyond Oasis as a kid, but did play through the Saturn sequel when it came out. Thought I should come full circle on the series. Enjoying it overall, but I'm discovering that the bosses have some wonky hit boxes that have made a few of them annoying. That said, I'm having a lot of fun with both.

Repro cases from GamingRelics.com. Authentic carts.

20200809_120654.jpg
    Last edited by yagamikun; 08-09-2020 at 11:15 AM.

Enemy Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by yagamikun View Post

Recently got these in. I discovered Skyblazer a few years back and finally broke down and bought a copy when I saw the EU version for under $50 bucks (including shipping). Glad to get this in my collection finally. Brilliant platformer - except that water palace level can go fuck it self.

I missed out on Beyond Oasis as a kid, but did play through the Saturn sequel when it came out. Thought I should come full circle on the series. Enjoying it overall, but I'm discovering that the bosses have some wonky hit boxes that have made a few of them annoying. That said, I'm having a lot of fun with both.

Repro cases from GamingRelics.com. Authentic carts.

20200809_120654.jpg
    Man they look great! I missed on Skyblazer as well but I keep hearing it's good. Is it from the same development team that made the Hook SNES game?
    <a href=http://naikanomtom.wordpress.com target=_blank>naikanomtom.wordpress.com</a>

Tung's Hair Stylist

Huge congrats on that SC-19 dude. It's such an iconic Neo cab, and it's one of my personal favorite candy cab designs. How is it like to play on?
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGun
    The mods here are not allowed to mess with me. PERIOD. I am off limits.

I wish my name
    IRL... Was Rich.
    SCOOPIN' USA!
    Isle of the Vewlix, in the Castle of Scoops

Sky blazer is a legit great game, except the water level. I saw it in a magazine once but it wasnít until much later that I got to play it. Only things that keep the game from being a 10/10 are passwords and the water level.

Beyond Oasis is such a killer game. A friend recommended it to me as Streets of Rage 2 meets Zelda so I gave it a try- itís nothing short of amazing, youíll really enjoy it.

@Digimac- itís surprisingly great to play on! I wouldnít try to do a VS or two player; but for puzzle games, slugs, shooters, ect- itís perfect. The hood makes a neat experience- almost like it tunes everything else out and immerses you in nothing else but the game. I was able to clear Pulstar on it and almost reach the final stage in slug 1- so itís definitely playable. There is no remote board so itís definitely set and forget for neo alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiso View Post
    Nobody cares what you think, Saner.

Nobody.

Not Average Joe.
    Not Average Homeowner.
    Not Average At All.

Okay, I've not crapped up this thread in a while, so here goes!

Now let me say that this is not my photo. I am using the for sale photo as I can't really fit these items on my bed and still be able to get my feet in the picture.

For those who are interested, the units are all metal and look better than in the pictures. They need cleaned up and touched up a little but should be nice. Very sturdy and can hold a good deal of weight. I've been thinning down a lot of my gear and been moving my focus to mainly just the older Sony stuff. On the lookout for a lighted sign still though.

s-l1600.jpg

Crossed Swords Squire

Quote Originally Posted by FAT$TACKS View Post
    I love this kind of stuff... it's so Eighties, I'm getting flashbacks of my childhood. Shop displays like these ones (I guess thay was their original function, right?) can really get your collection to the next level. And it's great to know they weren't lost to a landfill like most of the display units, there's also a bit of an historic value there.

Congrats for the purchase!

Belnar Institute Student

Now let me say that this is not my photo. I am using the for sale photo as I can't really fit these items on my bed and still be able to get my feet in the picture.

For those who are interested, the units are all metal and look better than in the pictures. They need cleaned up and touched up a little but should be nice. Very sturdy and can hold a good deal of weight. I've been thinning down a lot of my gear and been moving my focus to mainly just the older Sony stuff. On the lookout for a lighted sign still though.

s-l1600.jpg
    These are awesome! What a cool find. What are you going to display with them?
    3RDSTRIKEMIKE AES COLLECTION

PATRIOTS IN MINNESOTA (USA)
    10/10/2019

https://youtu.be/493vDTXlHCo

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

s-l1600.jpg
    I imagine walking into your house is akin to a time portal back to the 80's.

Not Average Joe.
    Not Average Homeowner.
    Not Average At All.

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdStrikeMike View Post
    These are awesome! What a cool find. What are you going to display with them?
    The plan is, to use them for my av stuff. I've a bunch of Sony gear. Thought I could put some Betamax players, Laserdisc, vhs, that sort of thing. Would be cool in there with my Sony crt and Sony crt projector. Or I could just stick a PVM on one maybe for gaming. I've not fully decided just what to do with them. Other than clean them up and fix some of the paint. The tops are pretty bad from stuff on them and there is rust on the bottoms and sides of the legs that needs to be taken care of. I should imagine if they weren't all metal that they would have deteriorated years ago. They are really well made for just being a display stand.

KoF Grandmaster

General Chaos i got through a trade at a local brick&motor for modern and retro video games.For that reprint,metal storm by retrobit.I found a site that had copies to sell still.I wanted the nes version so i could sell off my famicom one.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
    Wii U:Progearspec

We have purposely
    trained him wrong
    ...as a joke.

Got some unstable acrylic for my neo geo mv1f and Eternal Darkness.

健康第一
    Health comes first

So, this was a surprise. Some of you know I try to source as many bare carts as possible. That extends to every game in my archive, not just the AES. For every bare cart I also get a repro case for the library and for protection. I've saved thousands of dollars buying AES games this way as I'd rather have an authentic cart and get an after market case. That said, a good chunk of my AES archive is CIB, but most of the high dollar games I try to source this way.

Welp, I struck gold again. I have an extra, authentic snaplock lying around so I ordered a repro insert from NeoOldStore to complete it. Pretty stoked, I gotta say. This is my favorite Slug, so it's nice to have an authentic copy in my set.

20200812_120124.jpg

20200812_115537.jpg

20200812_115834.jpg
    Last edited by yagamikun; Today at 11:56 AM.

Cholecystectomy Required.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuChu Flamingo View Post
    Got some unstable acrylic for my neo geo mv1f and Eternal Darkness.

Both good additions. I love Eternal Darkness, not just for the sanity stuff but also just how different the game is.
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."
    Switch FC 0965 2531 6217
    http://backloggery.com/ggallegos1/sig.gif
    Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    ggallegos1 Is a cock sucking faggot. That is all.

Enemy Chaser

Good call on collecting loose AES carts and going for repro boxes later. I've done the same in building my AES collection. I just can't justify spending hundreds of dollars extra for authentic paper when its ultimately the circuit board and cart that matters. Definitely a nice grab with Metal Slug X!

Dogg-Father

So, this was a surprise. Some of you know I try to source as many bare carts as possible. That extends to every game in my archive, not just the AES. For every bare cart I also get a repro case for the library and for protection. I've saved thousands of dollars buying AES games this way as I'd rather have an authentic cart and get an after market case. That said, a good chunk of my AES archive is CIB, but most of the high dollar games I try to source this way.

Welp, I struck gold again. I have an extra, authentic snaplock lying around so I ordered a repro insert from NeoOldStore to complete it. Pretty stoked, I gotta say. This is my favorite Slug, so it's nice to have an authentic copy in my set.

20200812_120124.jpg

20200812_115537.jpg

20200812_115834.jpg
    that's pretty bad ass! you can PM your address and I'll bring over the Authenticity Certificate...funny it smells like ether...

Spoiler:
    2>X
    _ _ ___________________________ _ _
    People I've delt with:
    |Steve Rhine|Vinh|Jeff Kurtz|Kenny Boy|Big Bear|Fox1|Bones|Kid Aphex|Bluevoodu|Kubikiri Basara|Shawn|Michael Yagami|

Quote Originally Posted by Neodogg View Post
    that's pretty bad ass! you can PM your address and I'll bring over the Authenticity Certificate...funny it smells like ether...

Spoiler:
    2>X
    In all seriousness, I've never thought about getting any authenticity certs. Is this a thing people really do?

spoil.jpg

Spoiler:
    Nah

Dogg-Father

_ _ ___________________________ _ _
    People I've delt with:
    |Steve Rhine|Vinh|Jeff Kurtz|Kenny Boy|Big Bear|Fox1|Bones|Kid Aphex|Bluevoodu|Kubikiri Basara|Shawn|Michael Yagami|

Just Short...
    As always... :-(
    Crap they're tearing down the Palace of Auburn Hills. I guess it's I-75 & M-59 now.

When Dion started this crap I asked if he'd found a fake (yes) and what happened to it. It was destroyed and they helped the person get their money back.

H = Heinously
    M = Massive
    G = Gonad

How exactly does one find a loose USA Metal Slug X AES cart?

Kyo's Flame

Quote Originally Posted by HMG View Post
    How exactly does one find a loose USA Metal Slug X AES cart?
    Boxes are for collectards. I threw mine all away years ago. So now when I sell my AES carts, they're obviously all loose.
    https://i.imgur.com/qWIG6Q1.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by GregN View Post
    Grocery stores are like chinese and mexican places; some of them are local.
    https://i.imgur.com/7Icza5W.png

Thread Information