Post Your Recent Purchases!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
SNK online shop. It's the limited edition release of the Sam Sho collection for Switch. They also have a PS4 version in the same snaplock but with the artwork from Sam Sho 1.

I thought maybe it was the samsho multi from neooldstore. God damn why bother for the ps4 version.

jdoll

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Need some new hardware both PC and console but first things first a new 75inch LG TV to get ready for next gen

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I thought maybe it was the samsho multi from neooldstore. God damn why bother for the ps4 version.

A friend in Japan ordered me one when the preorder opened, but now that I have the rom for SSVS Final Edition on the NeoSD I'm probably going to flip the SS collection on fleabay. That was the whole draw for me, and since the rom got extracted so fast my excitement for the actual SS collection went to 0. I'll make a nice profit on it to some Neo thirsty noob, though, I'm sure.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Yes it's Switch japan release.
It's not from Neoldstore.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Neo Sc-19 coming in; and Neo 25 being prepared to leave. It is bittersweet as the Neo 25 was the cab I cut my teeth on with repairs, but its going to go to a member here. Had to fix a lot on it- new speakers, new bulb, new harness, swapped in NAC power supply.

The SC-19 is one of the only cabs I've received I've never had to do any work on.

uPR9qsDl.jpg

Re: Outrun Vinyl- hot fire Raston! I keep missing that when it gets restocked.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Neo Sc-19 coming in; and Neo 25 being prepared to leave. It is bittersweet as the Neo 25 was the cab I cut my teeth on with repairs, but its going to go to a member here. Had to fix a lot on it- new speakers, new bulb, new harness, swapped in NAC power supply.

The SC-19 is one of the only cabs I've received I've never had to do any work on.

uPR9qsDl.jpg

Fuck yes! Nice scoop!

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member

Nice, man! It looks great.

Recently got these in. I discovered Skyblazer a few years back and finally broke down and bought a copy when I saw the EU version for under $50 bucks (including shipping). Glad to get this in my collection finally. Brilliant platformer - except that water palace level can go fuck it self.

I missed out on Beyond Oasis as a kid, but did play through the Saturn sequel when it came out. Thought I should come full circle on the series. Enjoying it overall, but I'm discovering that the bosses have some wonky hit boxes that have made a few of them annoying. That said, I'm having a lot of fun with both.

Repro cases from GamingRelics.com. Authentic carts.

20200809_120654.jpg

Last edited:

Naika

Street Hoop Star

Recently got these in. I discovered Skyblazer a few years back and finally broke down and bought a copy when I saw the EU version for under $50 bucks (including shipping). Glad to get this in my collection finally. Brilliant platformer - except that water palace level can go fuck it self.

I missed out on Beyond Oasis as a kid, but did play through the Saturn sequel when it came out. Thought I should come full circle on the series. Enjoying it overall, but I'm discovering that the bosses have some wonky hit boxes that have made a few of them annoying. That said, I'm having a lot of fun with both.

Repro cases from GamingRelics.com. Authentic carts.

View attachment 57426

Man they look great! I missed on Skyblazer as well but I keep hearing it's good. Is it from the same development team that made the Hook SNES game?

Digmac

Leona's Therapist

uPR9qsDl.jpg

Huge congrats on that SC-19 dude. It's such an iconic Neo cab, and it's one of my personal favorite candy cab designs. How is it like to play on?

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member

Sky blazer is a legit great game, except the water level. I saw it in a magazine once but it wasn’t until much later that I got to play it. Only things that keep the game from being a 10/10 are passwords and the water level.

Beyond Oasis is such a killer game. A friend recommended it to me as Streets of Rage 2 meets Zelda so I gave it a try- it’s nothing short of amazing, you’ll really enjoy it.

@Digimac- it’s surprisingly great to play on! I wouldn’t try to do a VS or two player; but for puzzle games, slugs, shooters, ect- it’s perfect. The hood makes a neat experience- almost like it tunes everything else out and immerses you in nothing else but the game. I was able to clear Pulstar on it and almost reach the final stage in slug 1- so it’s definitely playable. There is no remote board so it’s definitely set and forget for neo alone.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Okay, I've not crapped up this thread in a while, so here goes!

Now let me say that this is not my photo. I am using the for sale photo as I can't really fit these items on my bed and still be able to get my feet in the picture.

For those who are interested, the units are all metal and look better than in the pictures. They need cleaned up and touched up a little but should be nice. Very sturdy and can hold a good deal of weight. I've been thinning down a lot of my gear and been moving my focus to mainly just the older Sony stuff. On the lookout for a lighted sign still though.

s-l1600.jpg

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member

I love this kind of stuff... it's so Eighties, I'm getting flashbacks of my childhood. :lolz: Shop displays like these ones (I guess thay was their original function, right?) can really get your collection to the next level. And it's great to know they weren't lost to a landfill like most of the display units, there's also a bit of an historic value there.

Congrats for the purchase!

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member

Now let me say that this is not my photo. I am using the for sale photo as I can't really fit these items on my bed and still be able to get my feet in the picture.

For those who are interested, the units are all metal and look better than in the pictures. They need cleaned up and touched up a little but should be nice. Very sturdy and can hold a good deal of weight. I've been thinning down a lot of my gear and been moving my focus to mainly just the older Sony stuff. On the lookout for a lighted sign still though.

View attachment 57428

These are awesome! What a cool find. What are you going to display with them?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

View attachment 57428

I imagine walking into your house is akin to a time portal back to the 80's.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
These are awesome! What a cool find. What are you going to display with them?

The plan is, to use them for my av stuff. I've a bunch of Sony gear. Thought I could put some Betamax players, Laserdisc, vhs, that sort of thing. Would be cool in there with my Sony crt and Sony crt projector. Or I could just stick a PVM on one maybe for gaming. I've not fully decided just what to do with them. Other than clean them up and fix some of the paint. The tops are pretty bad from stuff on them and there is rust on the bottoms and sides of the legs that needs to be taken care of. I should imagine if they weren't all metal that they would have deteriorated years ago. They are really well made for just being a display stand.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
AE4NnJl.png

General Chaos i got through a trade at a local brick&motor for modern and retro video games.For that reprint,metal storm by retrobit.I found a site that had copies to sell still.I wanted the nes version so i could sell off my famicom one.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Got some unstable acrylic for my neo geo mv1f and Eternal Darkness.

bfdWGns.jpg

WFsRZSq.jpg

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
So, this was a surprise. Some of you know I try to source as many bare carts as possible. That extends to every game in my archive, not just the AES. For every bare cart I also get a repro case for the library and for protection. I've saved thousands of dollars buying AES games this way as I'd rather have an authentic cart and get an after market case. That said, a good chunk of my AES archive is CIB, but most of the high dollar games I try to source this way.

Welp, I struck gold again. I have an extra, authentic snaplock lying around so I ordered a repro insert from NeoOldStore to complete it. Pretty stoked, I gotta say. This is my favorite Slug, so it's nice to have an authentic copy in my set. :buttrock:

20200812_120124.jpg

20200812_115537.jpg

20200812_115834.jpg

Last edited: