Post Your Recent Purchases!

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
One could argue that there are more chances of it failing because of manipulation and the adding of a component (the adapter between boards), and I think one would be right.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
I got a few of these little magnets, I thought they were kind of cool.
DY7YmaF.jpg

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
No pics but got these in last few weeks.

2600:

Q-bert
Pole Position
Ms. Pac-man
River Raid
Joust

7800:

C.I.B.. Centipede

NES:

Pro Wrestling
Spy Hunter
Jaws
Rush N Attack
Bionic Commando
Rampage

MVS:

Sengoku

Xbox:

Midway Arcade Treasures 1 & 2
Capcom classic 1 & 2

360:

Konami classics 1 & 2

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Okay, so the Metal Slug X was an impulse, "I'll never find a deal like this ever again" purchase - but this was my B-day present to myself a couple weeks back. Set up a nice CPS1 corner of the game room next to the Neo collection. The cab restoration is almost complete - just waiting on a few connectors so I can replace everything in the CP and update the CPO. Thought ya'll would enjoy the nostalgic goodness.

Running the CPS1-Multi - so far so good with it - but the pristine Magic Sword board set is tucked away for safe keeping.
cps1.jpg

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Okay, so the Metal Slug X was an impulse, "I'll never find a deal like this ever again" purchase - but this was my B-day present to myself a couple weeks back.

Awesome! Such a cool looking cab. I love Magic Sword, it's a really nostalgic game for me. I had it on the SNES as a kid.

I was waiting until I got the chassis repaired to post my purchase but fuck it. I finally bit the bullet after wanting one for eons and brought a candy cab into the Prairies. It needs some work - some body cracks that I gave some extra fiberglass for reinforcement, and I'm still working on the 2931 situation, but I'm happy enough to have a cab I can tate (eventually). With these two I'm done with cabs (not that I could fit any more in my house). On the lookout for a reasonably priced 2 player panel now.

20200809_160352 - Copy.jpg

As well, yesterday an absolutely filthy Taito F3 from Mexico finally arrived so I can now play my favorite game ever again. Shoutout to member ShootTheCore for the salvage F3 they graciously sent over to try and get mine working - I got it playing exactly two rounds of Darius before it stopped working again, but this time with a different symptom so I threw in the towel. Hopefully now I'll be able to probe the working one and figure out what's different from mine.

20200814_150603 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Awesome! Such a cool looking cab. I love Magic Sword, it's a really nostalgic game for me. I had it on the SNES as a kid.

I was waiting until I got the chassis repaired to post my purchase but fuck it. I finally bit the bullet after wanting one for eons and brought a candy cab into the Prairies. It needs some work - some body cracks that I gave some extra fiberglass for reinforcement, and I'm still working on the 2931 situation, but I'm happy enough to have a cab I can tate (eventually). With these two I'm done with cabs (not that I could fit any more in my house). On the lookout for a reasonably priced 2 player panel now.

View attachment 57514

As well, yesterday an absolutely filthy Taito F3 from Mexico finally arrived so I can now play my favorite game ever again. Shoutout to member ShootTheCore for the salvage F3 they graciously sent over to try and get mine working - I got it playing exactly two rounds of Darius before it stopped working again, but this time with a different symptom so I threw in the towel. Hopefully now I'll be able to probe the working one and figure out what's different from mine.

View attachment 57515

WOW...

you can really tell how HUGE the big red is next to an already fairly tall Blast City...

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member

Thanks! That looks like a really fun project as well. Make sure to post some completed pics when you get it all set up!

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
WOW... you can really tell how HUGE the big red is next to an already fairly tall Blast City...

Yeah, the tallboy is such a pain in the ass to move, and I forget how small regular cabs are until I see an average woody cabinet out and about. At least it fits through my doorway, the blast didn't even with the CP off heh. I love em both though, and I like that the curves compliment each other

20200814_204229.jpg

P.S. I'm really missing Portugal this year, was supposed to see my family in Vila Cha de Ourique & Cartaxo. Shoot me over some Licor Beirao lol.

Thanks! That looks like a really fun project as well. Make sure to post some completed pics when you get it all set up!

Would love to, but would prolly be against the spirit of "recent purchases" haha. Will definitely migrate to the local Blast City club tho

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
47CBC4E8-913C-4423-8F1C-D44A95252DE1.jpeg

I bought this 8 game lot from my buddy across the pond.. Several of the trays inside the cases cracked during shipment, my buddy kindly offered to swap out the badly cracked ones..

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
So...you’re a closeted neo geo’r, eh?

My girlfriends cat is always on top of my games shelf where I use to keep my AES games. The little bastard knocked off nam 1975 one night so I’ve been storing them in the guest room closet ever since.

Ive got to treat my games like Anne Frank. They must stay hidden and safe from the enemy until the threat is gone.

Last edited:

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
I always take care to separate AES games from their cases while shipping. I use a much larger box, and wrap the cases and carts individually in bubble wrap, and pad the whole box... this makes shipping more expensive but it’s totally worth it when dealing with AES games... due to their value they are quite worth the extra effort and cost of postage...

Debemus

n00b
A9937C34-CBD2-4242-9959-41AE5F0E13F5.jpeg
Thanks for validating my account. This is my recent purchase, I was opting for pro version but it was out of stock, can't complaint, it let me play all the games I want, I just don't have the kind of money to buy overprice game.

Last edited:

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
View attachment 57519

I bought this 8 game lot from my buddy across the pond.. Several of the trays inside the cases cracked during shipment, my buddy kindly offered to swap out the badly cracked ones..
Nice set of games man. Cracked trays don’t bug me personally, unless the tray is literally in pieces. With the age of the games I think it’s just par for the course at this point. I don’t blame you for putting them up somewhere safe. Better safe than sorry with the money you have to throw down for them.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I always take care to separate AES games from their cases while shipping. I use a much larger box, and wrap the cases and carts individually in bubble wrap, and pad the whole box... this makes shipping more expensive but it’s totally worth it when dealing with AES games... due to their value they are quite worth the extra effort and cost of postage...

This is a good practice. Another option is inserting bubblewrap to stop the cart moving about.

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
Nice set of games man. Cracked trays don’t bug me personally, unless the tray is literally in pieces. With the age of the games I think it’s just par for the course at this point. I don’t blame you for putting them up somewhere safe. Better safe than sorry with the money you have to throw down for them.

Thanks Digmac! I know I’ve told you before I’m not a huge fighting game fan but I’ve really enjoyed world hero’s 2 oddly enough. Baseball stars 2 has also gotten a lot of play time. I don’t like baseball games typically but just something about the set up and presentation really is unique.

Last edited:

elGRIZZbo

Mr. Big's Thug
Really loving these Retro-bit Sega controllers. This is the USB Saturn version that recently arrived and it's ideal for my current obsession which is SNES fighting games.

cnfjlxm.jpg

Since I didn't grow up playing games like Super Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat II in the arcade I much prefer the SNES versions. I've even come to realize thanks to MAME that it isn't just the SNES version of Killer Instinct that stinks. The arcade version isn't very good either. Granted, it looks impressive for the time but gameplay wise Street Fighter II's various incarnations like Turbo and Super wipe the floor with it.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
2359Vlz.jpg

It’s finally here!

About the neoSD... i wish the neoSD MVS actually looked like an MVS cart. I’m not a fan of the weird AES shaped MVS cart

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Really loving these Retro-bit Sega controllers. This is the USB Saturn version that recently arrived and it's ideal for my current obsession which is SNES fighting games.

cnfjlxm.jpg

Since I didn't grow up playing games like Super Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat II in the arcade I much prefer the SNES versions. I've even come to realize thanks to MAME that it isn't just the SNES version of Killer Instinct that stinks. The arcade version isn't very good either. Granted, it looks impressive for the time but gameplay wise Street Fighter II's various incarnations like Turbo and Super wipe the floor with it.

I keep hearing that the retrobit controllers are great, and the new white controller looks amazing. glad you like 'em. May think about one eventually.

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
2359Vlz.jpg

It’s finally here!

About the neoSD... i wish the neoSD MVS actually looked like an MVS cart. I’m not a fan of the weird AES shaped MVS cart
Good score on strikers, have you managed to beat it yet or 1 cc? I love the 90’s clear plastic fade. It’s the reason I own several n64 variants.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
Good score on strikers, have you managed to beat it yet or 1 cc? I love the 90’s clear plastic fade. It’s the reason I own several n64 variants.

Ha i just got it... the only MVS i have with me is needing repair, and the other one i had is on the way in the mail, i had to send it back to the person who consolized it because the video circuit was a bit off. That’s all fixed up and it’s on the way as we speak. As soon as it arrives i will be spending tons of time with it! In the mean time i’m playing my psikyo sengoku blade PCB :)

Debemus

n00b
Can't believe my luck, got all carts for just 300$, all complete with manuals.E6C85364-B02F-42B7-9DD2-E6B1DE6B1EDD.jpegI probably got the world's record for cheapest Neo Geo Aes Carts sold.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Yeah that's a damn good price for all those. Nam, Maglord and Eightman together would exceed that easily nowadays.