Post Your Recent Purchases!

KRiSX

King's Dry Cleaner
been a while, but here is one of my most recent gaming purchases... full MiSTer setup (de10-nano, sdram, io board)... thing is pretty damn cool

20190130_131103.jpg

J-P

NEST Puppet
Fuck I love that Bomberman multitap. If you can somehow find six other people to play Saturn Bomberman with you then do it. It’s even better than just looking at how adorable it is.
Shame it’s one person short of eight though. If you play nine or ten players then it forces you onto a map which, in my opinion, is too big to be really enjoyable. With eight people you can still play the smaller maps which makes for a more frentic and hysterical game.

R0241006.jpg
I do love a bit of Saturn Bomberman ~ What's better than one multitap, but two :-) I've got leftover/backup control pads - and I should have more somewhere to make up the count but my stuff is kinda scattered across continents rn.

It makes me a bit lonesome looking at this pile though, as it's gonna be a rare occasion this get's dragged out and played. Almost nobody I know here is remotely aware of this shit.

Also - I'm now wishing I put down for a copy of Kraut Buster now I see people getting their copies. That's gonna be expensive.

been a while, but here is one of my most recent gaming purchases... full MiSTer setup (de10-nano, sdram, io board)... thing is pretty damn cool

View attachment 53205
I have been wanting one of these for a whiiiiiile.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Nice, some heavy hitters wyo, congrats!! Captain Lang & Chelnov had the same staff, both are great, though Lang may be one of the hardest platformers I ever played, don't underestimate it. The Pengo MD exclusive mode is excellent, too.

Thanks man, I've been holding off playing these on my Everdrive until I found the originals.

Nice scores brotha! Like to have that Runark.:D

I bought Runark quite some time ago but it was shipped to my UK address. Totally forgot I even bought it until we had family visit and it was hand delivered :D

Still looking for MD Captain Lang myself :(

You know what I am still looking for...?
Spoiler:
BATTLE MANIA DAIGINJOU!!!!! :mad:

Nice find on the Captain Lang. In all my time in Japanese game shops, I never once saw a copy of that on shelves. I didn't even know High Seas Havoc had a Japanese release.

Yeah man, it's not easy tracking down some of the later releases for a reasonable price. That does surprise me to hear though. There's usually a handful up on eBay.

Hey hey! You finally got Captain Lang!! Had a chance to play it yet?

Not yet but I will this weekend. I should have gotten that copy from you... ;)

Nice. You going for a complete set or just games you dig? Mega Drive box art is excellent, shame so many covers were altered for release here.

Just buying games I'm interested in playing. I don't think I can bring myself to pay the asking prices for many of the rare Japanese releases where the US version costs $20.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Got some sweet score from my bud Daniel.

PCE:
Super Star Soldier
Final Soldier
Rayxanber 3

Famicom:
Gryzor

N64:
Castlevania

Thanks man.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member

Hey Man... I'm the sega guy around here and you go and post three Mega Drive games that I don't have?... that cuts deep.

I've always wanted Pengo. I've read that it was the last Japanese Mega Drive game released by Sega.

What's your fav of these four pick-ups?

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
3Cqk7I2.jpg

The rest of the shooter I bought showed up today. I couldn't bring myself to pay the price for AeroFighters complete on SNES right now, and I've heard great things about the TwinBee games and Cotton. I have fond childhood memories of playing Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa!, so when I saw that you can play as Upa in Parodious...that's really all I needed to be convinced.
I've wanted to replace my Super Gameboy with a 2 for a while now because of the clock speed issue, and having the com. port is a nice bonus.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
3Cqk7I2.jpg

The rest of the shooter I bought showed up today. I couldn't bring myself to pay the price for AeroFighters complete on SNES right now, and I've heard great things about the TwinBee games and Cotton. I have fond childhood memories of playing Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa!, so when I saw that you can play as Upa in Parodious...that's really all I needed to be convinced.
I've wanted to replace my Super Gameboy with a 2 for a while now because of the clock speed issue, and having the com. port is a nice bonus.

Dude Aero Fighters on the SNES is one of those games that totally shocked me spiking in price... Pure insanity.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Dude Aero Fighters on the SNES is one of those games that totally shocked me spiking in price... Pure insanity.

Can you harken back to time when it was priced low?

It's price inflated just like all of other titles that have been tagged as "rare" over the years.

I find titles like Space Megaforce far more shocking in regards to price changes. Sure it doesn't go for much compared to aero fighters but for years it was a $10 game. Then it became a $40 game, then over night $100 plus.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
I have fond childhood memories of playing Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa!, so when I saw that you can play as Upa in Parodious...that's really all I needed to be convinced.
Even though I haven't bought much games online recently, it still pains to see my competition scoops! :-J

How did you ever get the chance to play Bio Miracle at such a young age? Did you maybe try it out as a bootleg or labelled as Baby Mario? :)

I sold my cart because the top of the label had bad residue/peeling issues and sadly never replaced it...

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Even though I haven't bought much games online recently, it still pains to see my competition scoops! :-J

How did you ever get the chance to play Bio Miracle at such a young age? Did you maybe try it out as a bootleg or labelled as Baby Mario? :)

I sold my cart because the top of the label had bad residue/peeling issues and sadly never replaced it...

The rental store where I grew up carried imports, along with TG-16 games, neither of which were available at other places (and this was a small town, so it was even more surprising). My Mom rented it for me one day, and I fell in love with the game, so she offered to buy the famicom cart from the store owner. These days, my sister has the cart with her NES games, and I have the Disk System version.

On a side note, I just 1cc'd my first shooter in Parodious; Upa didn't let me down!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Unlike most of the other "rare" SNES games like Earthbound, Aero Fighters is actually pretty rare.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Unlike most of the other "rare" SNES games like Earthbound, Aero Fighters is actually pretty rare.

Meh, I rented Aero Fighters several times as a kid from different rental stores. I don't really think it's all that rare either... Prices on everything spiked out of nowhere really after like... 2011. A CIB copy of it costs far more than the AES cart now... I had no idea until I started rebuilding my collection a few years back that everything reached such ridiculous levels as of late, especially for SNES; on average any decent loose game costs at least $50, with most of the better titles costing $150-200. Earthbound was a weird one too, I had multiple CIB copies of that in my past which I remember selling for like $30-50 back in the day and I had to pay like $180 just to buy just my loose cart a few years or so back. Best Buy used to be littered with them!

Last edited:

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
pickup.JPG

Wolfchild has this strange endearing charm to me; I guess it just exudes the 90's. Even though the controls are a bit sloppy, happy to have picked this up!

Also, Sparkster cost me an arm and a leg... Since when did that title become expensive? :(

Last edited:

MetalSlugVet

Another Striker
10 Year Member
View attachment 53223

Wolfchild has this strange endearing charm to me; I guess it just exudes the 90's. Even though the controls are a bit sloppy, happy to have picked this up!

Also, Sparkster cost me an arm and a leg... Since when did that title become expensive? :(

Genesis games cib have gone up considerably in the last two years. At least it’s a good game so there’s that.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Yea man, Sparkster is great. I don't get all the hate it gets!

+1

Sparkster's tweaked flying mechanic, level design and music are top notch, for me it's the best part of the series. RKA was too episodic in structure, as levels consisted of short sequences strung together -- still a very good game, though. The SNES outing was an absolutely boring rehash with inferior sound.

Kid Fenris

Rugal's Thug
10 Year Member

I'd say "at least Rocket Knight Adventures is still cheap" but that just means it only doubled in value in the last few years instead of quadrupling.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Meh, I rented Aero Fighters several times as a kid from different rental stores. I don't really think it's all that rare either... Prices on everything spiked out of nowhere really after like... 2011. A CIB copy of it costs far more than the AES cart now... I had no idea until I started rebuilding my collection a few years back that everything reached such ridiculous levels as of late, especially for SNES; on average any decent loose game costs at least $50, with most of the better titles costing $150-200. Earthbound was a weird one too, I had multiple CIB copies of that in my past which I remember selling for like $30-50 back in the day and I had to pay like $180 just to buy just my loose cart a few years or so back. Best Buy used to be littered with them!
That's the thing with Aero Fighters, really only rental places that got everything had them, you never saw them at retail. Earthbound was common as fuck though, for years the stores couldn't get rid of them. It's probably actually much more common than most of the Square RPGs that sell for considerably less.

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
got Shinouken/Ragnagard for AES for 750€ after selling it several years ago for 300€.

that's the Neo Geo-way I guess...lol

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
It's taken a long time to find a nice copy of Vandal Hearts II that isn't just disc only, but a seller in Canada had a brand new copy for a reasonable price , so I've finally been able to scratch that itch.
Some idea with Grind Stormer; it's been difficult to find a clean copy that has the manual, but I managed to finally get this shooter complete a few days ago. I don't hear about this game too much surprisingly...?
aSWVevb.jpg

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
but I managed to finally get this shooter complete a few days ago. I don't hear about this game too much surprisingly...?

You've certainly heard about the run of copies that have faulty boards and die mid-game right?

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Oh! No, that's news to me. Thanks for the PSA ASID!

A lot of Tengen Genesis boards die. It's due to poor quality PCB's on some runs, supposedly. If yours ever breaks, there are tons of tutorials on how to repair these releases. There are a list of donor PCB's you can use that have the same layout but aren't sourced by Tengen; all you do is swap the rom chip to the donor board.

I know one that people commonly use is that Mickey learning game. I just bought Dragon's Fury, another Tengen release; hoping it doesn't arrive dead. haha

Recent pickups of mine:

Red Zone
Dragon's Fury
Shining in the Darkness

Last edited:

AirZonk

n00b
That's the thing with Aero Fighters, really only rental places that got everything had them, you never saw them at retail. Earthbound was common as fuck though, for years the stores couldn't get rid of them. It's probably actually much more common than most of the Square RPGs that sell for considerably less.

A good friend of mine and I bought at the same time SNES Aero Fighters for $20 at Tower Records back in 1992. Still have it, as does my friend.