Post Your Recent Purchases!

19642555_1955369694720429_3839282523043348736_n_zpsnt6njsei.jpg~original

genny_zpsjz0klplh.jpg~original

19467907_1943374002586665_3327717668618572995_o_zpsf3fjfm7v.jpg~original

19665646_1947618022162263_5473479844930110725_n_zpsvsjwdoui.jpg~original

20140114_1955390078051724_1373770509641583274_n_zps8wetisjw.jpg~original

Biutiful BIUtiful Stuff Mister!!!!! Really in love with your pickups!!

Neo surprise todaY

Some more Neo Gold system found in the wild, plus 2 games I didnt have in excellent condition
So the newly boxed system joins his twin US brother and his little Japanese sister.
20353811_10154704958831846_600706990_o.jpg20399363_10154704958216846_2041743652_o.jpg20348133_10154704958731846_1871273328_o.jpg20399503_10154704957956846_230377839_o.jpg

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I think a lot of it all boils down to what you played back in the day, i like a hell of a lot of the snes games, i just like the MD games more.
Just personal opinion that's all.
Snes was a great console, my second favourite after the MD.
Streets of rage 2, gunstar heroes, alien soldier, shinobi III, are the usual suspect's and they beat they're snes equivalents IMO.

I don't think it should "boil down to what you played back in the day".

Consciously indulging in nostalgia is fine. I do it from time to time.

But I think a lot of people use it as a crutch or an excuse to not look beyond what they know, because, they're comfortable liking what they know...and they just don't really care that much.

I'm not saying you haven't played much of the action/shooting/beat 'em ups on the SNES, but like, I'm always like "hmmmm what do you mean?" when people are like "Well the snes only good for Nintendo and RPGS....gunstar heroes rullzzzz".

I'm like "yeah....ok"

You know?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
The Mega Drive was my first console and it's a great system but there's no way in hell you can convince me it's superior to the Super Nintendo. After the SNES came out, that was pretty much all I played. Pick a genre, any genre...chances are the SNES has the best lineup. Shmups is arguable I suppose but quantity does not equal quality.

Ok I have to say what the fuck!? Bro... Wild!?

a guy was selling games on another system, contacted him, and I came back with this instead. Maybe I didn't translated "in the wild" correctly in my mind but this morning I didn't plan to buy this when Ive show up there.:P It hurts the wallet still though...

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
The Mega Drive was my first console and it's a great system but there's no way in hell you can convince me it's superior to the Super Nintendo. After the SNES came out, that was pretty much all I played. Pick a genre, any genre...chances are the SNES has the best lineup. Shmups is arguable I suppose but quantity does not equal quality.

For instance, sports games are better on the Genesis. Those include Madden, FIFA, and NHL franchises. Baseball too for that matter, Lasorda et al. Even Mutant League series was good (Genesis exclusive along with Hockey) and Jerry Glanville Pigskin Footbrawl.

The lads might not know on this one.

Maybe the lads are unaware.

Lads.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
For instance, sports games are better on the Genesis. Those include Madden, FIFA, and NHL franchises. Baseball too for that matter, Lasorda et al. Even Mutant League series was good (Genesis exclusive along with Hockey) and Jerry Glanville Pigskin Footbrawl.

Lads.

I don't think there was much difference in the EA games. Two words for you and the lads... Super Tennis. Sega couldn't fuck with it, amirite? :D

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I don't think there was much difference in the EA games. Two words for you and the lads... Super Tennis. Sega couldn't fuck with it, amirite? :D

f5ce0ec3319098933cb8fb13d2e74af0--poster-ads-print-ads.jpg

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I'm not saying you haven't played much of the action/shooting/beat 'em ups on the SNES, but like, I'm always like "hmmmm what do you mean?" when people are like "Well the snes only good for Nintendo and RPGS....gunstar heroes rullzzzz".

I'm like "yeah....ok"

Yes, this is very interesting. It seems that "Nintendo and RPGS" did overshadow the obscure on the SFC. Severe region-lock from the beginning and a stark localization policy, both made the search for imports either tough or unnecessary. The family friendly image did the rest.

The SNES can be played like the Genesis, but it demands deeper understanding of what you're doing and... you'll definitely have to loose some sloth. The latter is especially tough, because Nintendo encouraged it for decades in players.

After all these years, it seems that the intellectual approach of a standard SNES fan boy is running only with 3.58 MHz. A Genesis fan just knows how to use that to his advantage...

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

Lads.

Yup, playing the EA sports games on the Snes feels like you were playing in slow motion lol. I really noticed it when playing NHL 94.

Last edited:

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

This should be common knowledge at this point. People who didn't know this by now are just ignorant.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

I guess it depends. My Console Timeline was the Nes (My Older Brothers), Genesis, Sega CD, Playstation, PS2. I missed out on alot of shit growing up. I played the Snes when I went over to friends houses from time to time but was never crazy about owning one. I got into the Snes and other consoles like Neo-Geo, PCE, Saturn in my early to mid 20's.

After all these years the SNES is still the console that gets the least amount of play in the 8-16 bit department and this is my favorite era. I've tried over and over again to like the games. The games have vibrant colors, sometimes neat 3d effects, and sound great but there is something missing. Maybe it's that adult oriented thing that people mention about the Genny, maybe I lean more towards those adult oriented games. I've enjoyed a good amount of games on the PC Engine Like Spriggan, Rondo, LOT, Ninja Spirits, even Bloody Wolf lol. Neo-Geo and CPS-2 still get a good amount of play like my Genny and Nes but the Snes is still that console that I really want to love but the feeling isn't there. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

gtmartini

Rugal's Thug

Lads.

Street fighter on Genesis played a lot better than SNES, and that is almost true on any game that you need fast response.
Totally agree on face buttons being better than shoulder buttons for the games on that time. Shoulder buttons are good for FPS and racing.
SNES was built for graphics and sound, not for fast paced games.
Another big problem with the SNE is its resolution, most games are stretched to fit the NTSC/Pal-M TV resolution so lots of platform games suffer from this deformation (see toy story).

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Street fighter on Genesis played a lot better than SNES, and that is almost true on any game that you need fast response.
Totally agree on face buttons being better than shoulder buttons for the games on that time. Shoulder buttons are good for FPS and racing.
Another big problem with the SNE is its resolution, most games are stretched to fit the NTSC/Pal-M TV resolution so lots of platform games suffer from this deformation (see toy story).

SF has been argued about for years. I always thought Turbo sounded better but Champion Edition played better. I can't knock on Turbo though, still a great game.

Last edited:

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Project NNC in today. Got a blast jamma harness in there now thats like a rats nest. Gonna pull that out and replace it with river service harness. Other than that, most of the restoration work is gonna be purely cosmetic.

hjqmv64.jpg

Ue5fUOU.jpg

zIQpx41.jpg

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,

Have you ever tried Uniracers? It's one of the fastest experience you can have with a 16 bit hardware.
I also don't find differences in reactivity between the 2 systems.

The main problem with a slower cpu is not the speed/rhythm, but less sprites on screen.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

SF has been argued about for years. I always thought Turbo sounded better but Champion Edition played better. I can't knock on Turbo though, still a great game.

They play the same.

Turbo did sound and look better, but was not faster or slower than Ch. Ed.

Dat bass on the Genesis is real, tho

ObeyMyEgo

Kula's Candy
My recent pick up. Finally got snatcher and.... It's not my cup of tea. But it will make a good collection piece

S8AeQfU.jpg

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
My recent pick up. Finally got snatcher and.... It's not my cup of tea. But it will make a good collection piece

S8AeQfU.jpg

Excellent pickup!
You'll have lots of fun playing almost all of those games.
I could never get into the Dragon Warrior games : (