Post Your Recent Purchases!

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
So this came my way pretty suddenly.

For the first time I found a used Analogue Mega SG for sale on my local classifieds (Kijiji).

I had previously felt priced out of the Mega SG which would cost over $310 CAD with shipping to buy new; plus the risk of any duty.

megasg01.jpg

Picked it up for $240 CAD (~$184 USD) and the guy threw in a free retro-bit 6-bitton control pad.

retro-bit-6-bitton01.jpg

So still a lot of money to for a retro console but I'm really happy with the deal. I feel like this stranger gave me a bro deal.

This also just arrived which was ordered several months ago:

bpm01.jpg

Yes, it's all true... the Mega SG is truly amazing. Playing real Genesis carts on my HDTV look as sharp and crisp as emulation on PC.

But I have to say the RetroTink2x and RAD2x are not far behind with regards playing a Genesis on an HDTV. All are very worth while products.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I picked up a Mega SG awhile back and I love it. Be sure to install the jailbreak so you can play Game Gear and Colecovision games as well. Plus ROMs straight from an SD card if that’s your thang.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
So this came my way pretty suddenly.

For the first time I found a used Analogue Mega SG for sale on my local classifieds (Kijiji).

I had previously felt priced out of the Mega SG which would cost over $310 CAD with shipping to buy new; plus the risk of any duty.

Picked it up for $240 CAD (~$184 USD) and the guy threw in a free retro-bit 6-bitton control pad.

So still a lot of money to for a retro console but I'm really happy with the deal. I feel like this stranger gave me a bro deal.

This also just arrived which was ordered several months ago:

Yes, it's all true... the Mega SG is truly amazing. Playing real Genesis carts on my HDTV look as sharp and crisp as emulation on PC.

But I have to say the RetroTink2x and RAD2x are not far behind with regards playing a Genesis on an HDTV. All are very worth while products.

Looks great on that shelf, next to all the other shit you'll never use.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
I picked up a Mega SG awhile back and I love it. Be sure to install the jailbreak so you can play Game Gear and Colecovision games as well. Plus ROMs straight from an SD card if that’s your thang.

It actually was jailbroken when I got it but I re-flashed it with the latest official firmware. I want to check it out stock first before messing with it. I still like plugging in a cartridge.

This guy goes into some amazing detail on the Mega SG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzVu05ACVhc

Looks great on that shelf, next to all the other shit you'll never use.

You said it! Mmm, looks sooo good! You know what Dr Shroom, that picture is so damn good I think I'll go Instagram it right now.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Please stop bothering people on instagram with your horribly dull life.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist

Not quite. The PC can actually output at 4k or higher, and the Mega SG can't. You also can't run games at their original refresh rate with it without tearing whereas you could with an LG OLED monitor and a PC with a G-Sync compatible video card. It's worse than emulation on the PC.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Not quite. The PC can actually output at 4k or higher, and the Mega SG can't. You also can't run games at their original refresh rate with it without tearing whereas you could with an LG OLED monitor and a PC with a G-Sync compatible video card. It's worse than emulation on the PC.

Will your Metal Slug 1 port for the PC that runs at 144hz, 60 FPS, 4 player simultaneous play, zero slowdown also be in 4K? Curious as to how all of that is working out, excited to see the end result.

I'm assuming it's almost done as Nazca made Metal Slug on the Neo in about a year. You're obviously leagues beyond their ability so the port should be done by now. How's it turning out there Champ?

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I love this thread so many solid comebacks!

ULTRA 4TH GEN

Armored Scrum Object
Oh! Great and beautiful memories of my childhood!

img1578340888351.jpg

img1578340589458.jpg

img1578340940663.jpg

img1578340466778.jpg

Memories playing with my brother to this game, it is amazing to recover this game again in 2020. I had been thinking about adding it to the collection for a long time

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
placed 10th in 1990, Placed 8th in 1994, those beautiful Spaniard masculine failures of your childhood.

lions3

Igniz's Servent

I would raise you my Amiga copy of SpaceHulk if I had a clue of what happened to it. At least I can share my recent grab of the Saturn version. Plus a loose Magician Lord. Cus i'm too cheap to replace my old MVS cart I sold ages go. lol

IMG_4421.jpg

miamijoe

New Challenger
hello neo geo world... wow it's been sometime since i've posted anything.... sold my collection of AES afew years ago but my son recently went to japan and got me two AES games sealed... but i don't which ones he got but he did say he remembers playing them...i'll share with you all soon

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
hello neo geo world... wow it's been sometime since i've posted anything.... sold my collection of AES afew years ago but my son recently went to japan and got me two AES games sealed... but i don't which ones he got but he did say he remembers playing them...i'll share with you all soon

Quality post material here. A++ would read again.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member

Quality post material here. A++ would read again.

Are your nipples as hard as mine with anticipation?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member

UnIhCVVm.jpg

I4zErFPm.jpg

Memories playing with my friends to this game series, it is amazing to recover these pokemons in 2020. I had been thinking about adding it to the collection for a long time

Last edited:

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
That Genesis case is my favorite Pi case by far. I keep wanting to get the SFC one too but I don't really need another Pi.

Genesis case is my favorite too. I only regret Sega Mini Tower (for Megadrive Mini) is not compatible with MEGAPi Case, especially 32X module.

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
It's a pretty hard game. Very good graphics for the 3DO. I already like the dark atmosphere. Killing Genestealers is definitely fun. (^_^)

played it back then with a friend on Saturn.

although not a very good game the claustrophobic and eery atmosphere it creates is great!

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member

UnIhCVVm.jpg

I4zErFPm.jpg

Memories playing with my friends to this game series, it is amazing to recover these pokemons in 2020. I had been thinking about adding it to the collection for a long time

This is by far, my new favorite post.:keke:

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Cheap $5 thrift store find. Clone Mega Drive.

3dCp6sc.jpg

It works as well on a Mega CD, but only fits at an angle. So it looks kinda wonky on there.

2Bx3z7E.jpg