Post Your Recent Purchases!

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Yeah you're right. I guess I was just pumped about the games. I knew her son well and she even baby sat us a couple times. I know he'd be happy knowing a friend who will never sell these games, has them now. He was an awesome person who introduced me to the music I love.

Just seems like an unnatural reaction to be so pumped about getting a dead friend's games to post in a gloating manner. Maybe I'm just old fashioned.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Word. It is pretty messed up. People will do anything to obtain useless shit. Even if it means taking advantage of grieving mothers.

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
Just seems like an unnatural reaction to be so pumped about getting a dead friend's games to post in a gloating manner. Maybe I'm just old fashioned.

I guess part of it is, I remember the great times we had playing these games, so in a way getting these games is a way to keep my friends memory alive with me.

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
Word. It is pretty messed up. People will do anything to obtain useless shit. Even if it means taking advantage of grieving mothers.

Never took advantage of her. She was going to donate the games for free, instead I offered her what I had. She knew how many great times me and her son had with these games.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Had a few goodies through the post today :)
62b12f1d8257f14d0bebee0b3d362fc5.jpg

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,

I'd not known Julie Bell did the cover art for Splatterhouse 3. Met her once at a comic con waaaay BitD. She's super nice (so was her sister). Apparently her & Boris would come up here to comic cons as they'd get their plane tickets paid for and her family is in the area. So it was a cheap way to come visit family.

Julie & Boris are (or at least were) bodybuilders. And they'd model for each others art as well as Julie's sister. I'd not known this when I brought my stuff to have Boris sign so was a bit shocked when I met em. You don't really expect an artist to be a fuckin ripped bodybuilder.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
By chance I found this 26" RCA CRT on the curb. I gave it a once over and noticed it had a component port so I felt obligated to save if from the trash.

I carried it a half block home (which felt like a mile).

It was covered in about an inch of snow so after wiping it down and drying it off as best I could I let it sit for a few days to dry out.

When I finally turned it on there was a loud buzzing that faded away after about 3-4 minutes of use. The image looks good.

Now, a few more days later the buzzing is completely gone and the sound is working perfectly. Resilient self healing 17 year old tech!

The screen is just a wee bit off center and I don't know if I can do anything about that. Maybe I can find a service code that might let me tweak it but I don't have the original remote.

Regardless I'm happy with this find.

rca-tube-tv-01.jpg

rca-tube-tv-02.jpg

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
0X3HSPr.jpg

Paid my due to the forum and scooped a couple games from Shawn. It was cool to be able to scoop a couple of brand new, sealed Neo CD titles from the NeoStore.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
W0TJIAU.jpg

I didn’t think I’d get into the CD when I first picked up a front loader, but I’ve been a lot happier with it then it ever gets credit for. It’s the most maligned piece of Neo hardware, and if you’re not deep into the fighters, I think it’s an excellent way to experience the Neo Geo. Here are some more games I got imported from Japan recently. It’s cool to flip through the manual and see the artwork in person for games like Zintrick, Crossed Swords II, Neo Drift Out, and Futsal, which didn’t get an official AES release. Even though it’s the CD, it’s still neat to have an official Neo home release of Metal Slug 1 in some fashion. The combat school is a lot of fun on the CD version and helps to get the stages down in my experience.

But yeah, I’m a Neo CD believer now. It doesn’t replace my MVS and AES, but I think it’s a league better than most of what you hear.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I actually feel the same way about my US/ English Neo cd Metal Slug and my US/English Turfmasters, I have an official home copy artwork and all beyond a grimy MVS cart, and I’ll never buy the AES copies at the prices they go for. I have a pretty big cd collection, only missing a few and actually some of them are what you have. In addition I’ve been looking forever for Overtop, that’s about it beyond I’m never going to pay insane prices for Ironclad at this point. Hope you enjoy I agree it’s an undervalued Neo machine.

Last edited:

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
I'd not known Julie Bell did the cover art for Splatterhouse 3. Met her once at a comic con waaaay BitD. She's super nice (so was her sister). Apparently her & Boris would come up here to comic cons as they'd get their plane tickets paid for and her family is in the area. So it was a cheap way to come visit family.

Julie & Boris are (or at least were) bodybuilders. And they'd model for each others art as well as Julie's sister. I'd not known this when I brought my stuff to have Boris sign so was a bit shocked when I met em. You don't really expect an artist to be a fuckin ripped bodybuilder.

I noticed that too. I loved their art for the Marvel trading cards bitd, Fleer Ultra Spider-Man, Marvel Masterpieces, Fleer Ultra X-Men.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I noticed that too. I loved their art for the Marvel trading cards bitd, Fleer Ultra Spider-Man, Marvel Masterpieces, Fleer Ultra X-Men.

The Marvel Masterpieces were my Jam. I think I don't have the real expensive year which was I believe 96 or 97. Tried to get a brand new box on ebay awhile back but they wanted too much.

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member

Yeah, they would also meet other body builders during their workouts, and would ask them to also pose for their art. Considering the time period of their heyday, it fit the era of musclebound action movie stars and fantasy epics etc. pretty well. I purchased one of their books once, and it noted that they tend to take tips for how to draw fantastical things by observing nature and just twisting it a bit.

When I got started in art as a very young aspiring artist, I would discover artists in other fandoms and, with all due resect, some of these people who constantly drew characters with idealized builds would indeed turn out to be in less than great shape themselves, even being morbidly obese in some cases. I resolved right then to always stay in shape rather than let myself go while scribbling. The example of Julie and Boris showed that there was a different way to be while still being a genre artist.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
By chance I found this 26" RCA CRT on the curb. I gave it a once over and noticed it had a component port so I felt obligated to save if from the trash.

I carried it a half block home (which felt like a mile).

It was covered in about an inch of snow so after wiping it down and drying it off as best I could I let it sit for a few days to dry out.

When I finally turned it on there was a loud buzzing that faded away after about 3-4 minutes of use. The image looks good.

Now, a few more days later the buzzing is completely gone and the sound is working perfectly. Resilient self healing 17 year old tech!

The screen is just a wee bit off center and I don't know if I can do anything about that. Maybe I can find a service code that might let me tweak it but I don't have the original remote.

Regardless I'm happy with this find.

rca-tube-tv-01.jpg

rca-tube-tv-02.jpg

If you mean off center because of that border on the side, I think that's normal for the Genny. It never bothered me much. Try a different console like the Neo and you'll be center. I could be wrong

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Yeah, they would also meet other body builders during their workouts, and would ask them to also pose for their art. Considering the time period of their heyday, it fit the era of musclebound action movie stars and fantasy epics etc. pretty well. I purchased one of their books once, and it noted that they tend to take tips for how to draw fantastical things by observing nature and just twisting it a bit.

When I got started in art as a very young aspiring artist, I would discover artists in other fandoms and, with all due resect, some of these people who constantly drew characters with idealized builds would indeed turn out to be in less than great shape themselves, even being morbidly obese in some cases. I resolved right then to always stay in shape rather than let myself go while scribbling. The example of Julie and Boris showed that there was a different way to be while still being a genre artist.

Certainly, most artists I've seen/met/seen vid or pics of are just average lookin people or have some weight on em. Look nothing like the sculpted forms they draw/paint. Boris & Julie were certainly not the norm in that they DID look like the subjects they painted. Having only ever seen their various art before meeting them you'd most likely say that people don't look like they portray in their paintings. 25 or so years later that shock of them mirroring their art is still memorable.

I'd had Boris sign the ENTIRE Marvel Masterpieces set he painted ('94?...). As it went on Julie & her sister had mentioned being the models for some of the paintings so I had them sign the ones they modeled as well. Boris wasn't much for any small talk of any sort. In fact he wasn't pleased with me as I'd brought a ton of stuff for him to sign. It was limited to 3 auto's at a time, but they were free and all you had to do was go back and stand in line again. As this was before cons were big/commonly popular there weren't many people there so the line was only a few people deep at any one time. So by the 10th or so run through the line Boris rather grumpily asked how many more things did I have for him to sign. As he didn't care to see me in line again he just said fuck it and signed the rest of what I had. Ended up being like 120 or so auto's from Boris as I recall. I had him sign the entire base card set, the chase card set, an unopened pack, an empty box, and I think a promotional flyer for it as well.

But while he was signing the remaining bulk of my Marvel Masterpieces set is when I was chatting with Julie & her sister. They were both super fuckin nice and that's when Julie informed me that they modeled for each other's works. And I do recall her mentioning that they also had some of their bodybuilder friends model for them as well. All in all that was a rather interesting day for me. Not at all what I was expecting. Not only was their bodybuilding physique a shock, but their personalities as well. Julie was incredibly sweet and very nice. Boris was... completely opposite of Julie.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
W0TJIAU.jpg

I didn’t think I’d get into the CD when I first picked up a front loader, but I’ve been a lot happier with it then it ever gets credit for. It’s the most maligned piece of Neo hardware, and if you’re not deep into the fighters, I think it’s an excellent way to experience the Neo Geo. Here are some more games I got imported from Japan recently. It’s cool to flip through the manual and see the artwork in person for games like Zintrick, Crossed Swords II, Neo Drift Out, and Futsal, which didn’t get an official AES release. Even though it’s the CD, it’s still neat to have an official Neo home release of Metal Slug 1 in some fashion. The combat school is a lot of fun on the CD version and helps to get the stages down in my experience.

But yeah, I’m a Neo CD believer now. It doesn’t replace my MVS and AES, but I think it’s a league better than most of what you hear.

Some quality games there dude.
And I agree, The NGCD is under appreciated.

I picked up a few PGM games recently :)

1b889533c1efcc6b9004d02d8ad40686.jpg