Post Your Recent Purchases!

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Got some unstable acrylic for my neo geo mv1f and Eternal Darkness.

bfdWGns.jpg

WFsRZSq.jpg
Both good additions. I love Eternal Darkness, not just for the sanity stuff but also just how different the game is.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Good call on collecting loose AES carts and going for repro boxes later. I've done the same in building my AES collection. I just can't justify spending hundreds of dollars extra for authentic paper when its ultimately the circuit board and cart that matters. Definitely a nice grab with Metal Slug X!

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
So, this was a surprise. Some of you know I try to source as many bare carts as possible. That extends to every game in my archive, not just the AES. For every bare cart I also get a repro case for the library and for protection. I've saved thousands of dollars buying AES games this way as I'd rather have an authentic cart and get an after market case. That said, a good chunk of my AES archive is CIB, but most of the high dollar games I try to source this way.

Welp, I struck gold again. I have an extra, authentic snaplock lying around so I ordered a repro insert from NeoOldStore to complete it. Pretty stoked, I gotta say. This is my favorite Slug, so it's nice to have an authentic copy in my set. :buttrock:

View attachment 57477

View attachment 57478

View attachment 57479

that's pretty bad ass! you can PM your address and I'll bring over the Authenticity Certificate...funny it smells like ether...

Spoiler:
2>X

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
that's pretty bad ass! you can PM your address and I'll bring over the Authenticity Certificate...funny it smells like ether...

Spoiler:
2>X

In all seriousness, I've never thought about getting any authenticity certs. Is this a thing people really do?

spoil.jpg

Spoiler:
Nah

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
When Dion started this crap I asked if he'd found a fake (yes) and what happened to it. It was destroyed and they helped the person get their money back.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
How exactly does one find a loose USA Metal Slug X AES cart?

Boxes are for collectards. I threw mine all away years ago. So now when I sell my AES carts, they're obviously all loose.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
A quick shipment from Japan arrived to me last week. This'll be it for awhile when it comes to Saturn. Friggin' LOVE Vampire Hunter on the Saturn!
IMG_1984.JPG

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member

I always find it strange when you see late era carts for sale without their box or manual but it does occur. I saw KOF2K and 2K1 loose on YAJ recently, makes you think where the fuck the other part went... it's not cardboard.

Edit: These came in today

neomvs.jpg

Last edited:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I recall people stating that there collections have been damaged in floods and fires where you can easily loose the paperwork through smoke and water damage and then there's the MOM & POP shops that attempted to rent out Neo Geo games where the paper contents get mistreated and damaged over time because the user didn't give a damn and last but not least,destroyed by people/children with money that didn't give a damn at the time(I purchased a Neo Geo system off of a family in the early nineties like this where they treated Neo Geo like it was a common NES)
BB

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member

You stumble on a just published Ebay listing and throw the guy an offer. :) Trust me, I'm as surprised as you.

Also, despite it's infamy, Suruga-ya in Japan. There are some surprising bare cart listings. I have a Last Blade 2 on the way that I purchased for a quarter of the price of a CIB. You can find these deals, but you have to have the patience of a saint. To BB's point above, not everyone treats their games like things of value, so these deals do exist - just not common.

I purchase my games to play, and don't intend on ever selling them.

Last edited:

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Congrats on that Slug X yagamikun. I know it's going to be enjoyed for sure! Loose carts can be a great way to save money while going for original carts instead of conversions/boots.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
A quick shipment from Japan arrived to me last week. This'll be it for awhile when it comes to Saturn. Friggin' LOVE Vampire Hunter on the Saturn!
View attachment 57493

The Saturn port of Hunter was amazing - that secret options menu is awesome. Nice pickups!

Congrats on that Slug X yagamikun. I know it's going to be enjoyed for sure! Loose carts can be a great way to save money while going for original carts instead of conversions/boots.

Thanks, man!

Naika

Street Hoop Star
The Saturn port of Hunter was amazing - that secret options menu is awesome. Nice pickups!

Thanks, man!

Thanks Yagamikun. I never knew about the secret option menu so I'll google it to find out more. Cool!

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I always find it strange when you see late era carts for sale without their box or manual but it does occur. I saw KOF2K and 2K1 loose on YAJ recently, makes you think where the fuck the other part went... it's not cardboard.

Edit: These came in today

neomvs.jpg

Hey that’s a solid set, nice!

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Got this CMVS from Ali express. Love the semi-transparent shell. Weird thing is it has Saturn controller ports as well as Neo. I am pleased, for the money it cost.

Attachments

• Cmvs.jpg
    Cmvs.jpg
    439.7 KB · Views: 250

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
So are these made with genuine 1-slots?

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Got this CMVS from Ali express. Love the semi-transparent shell. Weird thing is it has Saturn controller ports as well as Neo. I am pleased, for the money it cost.

Didn't realize they had these on Aliexpress!

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I saw some MV1B that they flattened with an adaptor. Not sure why, I know the B version is cheaper but having to work on it and put an adaptor makes it a weird choice...

It's to make use of the massive stockpile of MV1B systems. It's way easier and cheaper to stick flattening adapters on than to hand dremel and wire in connectors right on the plastic shell of the MV-1B.

2D_mastur

10 Year Member
I saw some MV1B that they flattened with an adaptor. Not sure why, I know the B version is cheaper but having to work on it and put an adaptor makes it a weird choice...

Woah. Glad I didn't get one of those Frankenstien monsters. I specifically bought mine because the item description explicitly stated it was an MV1C board. I would suggest anybody looking to get one makes sure this is the case when they purchase one.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Woah. Glad I didn't get one of those Frankenstien monsters. I specifically bought mine because the item description explicitly stated it was an MV1C board. I would suggest anybody looking to get one makes sure this is the case when they purchase one.

There's nothing wrong with using a MV1B that has flattening adapters. It's to make the board usable for vertical cases.

2D_mastur

10 Year Member
There's nothing wrong with using a MV1B that has flattening adapters. It's to make the board usable for vertical cases.

Well I just wouldn't want an adapted Mv1B...

... not that there is anything wrong with that.