Post Your Recent Purchases!

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Got a sweet deal on an "as-is" "non-functional unit" VHD player. Victor HD-8900. Not top of the range and missing the remote, but for $120, I'll take it.

The seller stated that the power light turns on but there is no sign of life whatsoever. Mechanisms all stay idle. Cannot insert and play a videodisc.

Seeing the condition of the player from the pics he provided (almost a mint looking unit) I took a gamble that the issues might not be hardware related.

What it was, is this here:

vBaj8jJ.jpg

It took me a while to figure it out but lower down in the front left corner of the unit, a tiny drive belt that, unless you have a flashlight, you can't easily see.
I took a blunt thin object and pressed down gently on the belt onto the cog (belt is quite loose) and the player then started to take in the videodisc and spun it, as it should. The movie played fine. Cartridge stylus seems to be in good shape.

RXtzoNb.jpg

PsFbhyY.jpg

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I need another monitor like I need a hole in my head, but I found someone giving away a 20" Sony WEGA on Facebook and couldn't pass it up. I've heard so much about them over the years but this is the first I've found. I've only tested the av so far but it looks really good

qediZcG.jpg

Like Dogg said. 20's don't come around too often. Great monitor for sure.

shelcoof

New Challenger
I need another monitor like I need a hole in my head, but I found someone giving away a 20" Sony WEGA on Facebook and couldn't pass it up. I've heard so much about them over the years but this is the first I've found. I've only tested the av so far but it looks really good

qediZcG.jpg

So many Sony WEGAs over where I'm at giving away free! Or super cheap.

I have like 4 all in different sizes. They look amazing on component. Beats out the Toshiba I use to use

lufeig

n00b
Purchased a SNES => USB controller adapter to use the case and the female SNES controller connector.

Converted to a SNES => Neo Geo adapter.

Spoiler:
IMG_20190820_012811.jpg

IMG_20190820_013618.jpg

Last edited:

lufeig

n00b
It has just arrived, protective stickers are still on it.

This will keep me busy while all necessary parts for my MV-1C consolization don't arrive!

Spoiler:
IMG_20190823_002020.jpg

Last edited:

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Picked up this bad boy '2nd hand' but looks brandnew and came with a 6 month store warranty.
Only cost me €110,-

IMG_20190823_122357_758.jpg

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Some awesome movies! How are those Shaw Bros Bluray, are they worth the upgrade from the Shaw Bros IVL collection?

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Picture quality is probably worth it, no complains from my part but I don't own those 3 on DVD so I can't compare. Shaw Brothers movies were often censored on VHS or DVD back in the days. Now the Blu-rays are often uncensored and even include the censored German version that was shown in the cinemas as a bonus (Kid With the Golden Arms for example). So I normally go for the Blu-ray release nowadays.