Post Your Recent Purchases!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The SMS isn't a platform I have a lot of experience with.

The SMS is a true oddball. Blessed with powerful arcade ports, it got bashed for it with the usual anti-arcade trash talk like "with a few continues, game X can be beaten during one afternoon" or "game Y has many unfair sequences, where energy loss is unavoidable" etc. Evidently video game magazine editors never understood arcade games and never will. They sure know their creditfeeding, though.

Consequently many titles were criminally underrated, like the very good port of DECO's Captain Silver or the very ambitious port of Shadow Dancer. Anyway, the fact that it was so popular in Europe made it possible, that PALestine was endowed with some of the greatest exclusives, like Power Strike II, Asterix or Dragon's Trap, old Nippon could only go green with envy. A historical precedent, no less.

Shinobi is pretty great once you get over the fact that it's not really a port of the arcade game. It kinda does that Konami did with their nes games where instead of making a crap port they did something that plays to the strengths of the system. It took me a while to appreciate it but it's a great game.

That's brilliant understanding of the SMS concept. Similar can be said about the SMS version of Ninja Gaiden, Enduro Racer or, maybe most prominently, Ancient's first Sonic and SMS Castle of Illusion, which both feature a different level design, such good ones in fact, they rival the Mega Drive originals, arguably even exceeding them.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Sonic 1 SMS is really great. I think a lot more people would appreciate it if it had come out a couple of years before the Genesis game since they don't really play the same.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Took receipt of this lil Beauty last night! :)

60438be05dc558da875b7d92ce46b384.jpg

Wasted no time installing it just need to sort a SD card out now.

e1096f553a4951fbb0a02016a975362c.jpg

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Is he mass producing these yet or is it still just one guy who makes like 5 at a time that sell out immediately

-SD-

Camel Slug
Sonic 1 SMS is really great. I think a lot more people would appreciate it if it had come out a couple of years before the Genesis game since they don't really play the same.

MS/GG Sonic > MD Sonic

The Master System is an awesome system with some really great games.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Is he mass producing these yet or is it still just one guy who makes like 5 at a time that sell out immediately

The latter. You’d think that he’d take the hint after his GDEMU got cloned and started selling like gangbusters, but he’s doubled-down on his low-production, no waiting list philosophy.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
That's unfortunate, as I'd love a Rhea for my Saturn in order to play some of the expensive games and pewpews. Good on you for getting it though, enjoy!

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Yeah still no waiting list.

But the order windows are now open for much longer and announced at least a week in advance so they are much easier to get now.

Just a matter of patience really.

Dont get me wrong I understand the frustration of not being able to just click buy but he makes some excellent products and I am very happy with this and my GDemu which I got a few years ago.

Also cant knock his customer support whenever I emailed him with a problem he responded within a few hours.

The clones of the GDemu though are poor and do not have all the features or the ability to update.

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
Yeah still no waiting list.

But the order windows are now open for much longer and announced at least a week in advance so they are much easier to get now.

Just a matter of patience really.

Dont get me wrong I understand the frustration of not being able to just click buy but he makes some excellent products and I am very happy with this and my GDemu which I got a few years ago.

Also cant knock his customer support whenever I emailed him with a problem he responded within a few hours.

The clones of the GDemu though are poor and do not have all the features or the ability to update.

I got onto the pre-order lists for the GDEMU and the RHEA. I had to be up at 3AM to do it. Still waiting for the GDEMU to arrive at 15 days in transit. The RHEA shipped 3 days ago to. We’ll see how long it takes for customs and USPS to get these to me.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
That's unfortunate, as I'd love a Rhea for my Saturn in order to play some of the expensive games and pewpews. Good on you for getting it though, enjoy!

yeah, would love to get one also...wonder if we could do a group buy?

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Yup, although MD Sonic 2 > MS Sonic 2.

MS Sonic 2 is still a great game that deserves a playthrough though. Ditto Sonic Chaos.

This was my day 1 Game Gear game - I absolutely loved that game, played the shit out of it. I'm going to have to break that out again soon.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
The latter. You’d think that he’d take the hint after his GDEMU got cloned and started selling like gangbusters, but he’s doubled-down on his low-production, no waiting list philosophy.

Wow, sucks for him. But people obviously want these and someone needs to supply them.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
My heart warms seeing all the love for SMS/GG Sonic 1. I was a Game Gear kid and played the shit out of it back in the day.

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
Got a wonderswan crystal with the digimon fighting game. Next goal is to find a headphone adapter for it.
Anyone got some other "hidden gems" for the system?

Wonderswan.JPG

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
They're both black and white, but my favorite games (from my tiny collection):

Kaze no Klonoa: Moonlight Museum
Makai-Mura for WonderSwan

I've seen Gunpey recommended a lot too, but I haven't played it yet.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager

Gunpey is quite fun, I played a lot the Tare Panda version released for the WS.

I'd recommend also One Piece Swan Colosseum, it's a great fighting game that served as a base for the DS Jump Superstars series.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

Klonoa is probably my most played game on the thing these days. Gunpey is my favorite though, it's great. Protip: get the original black and white Gunpey, not the color remake. Makaimura is pretty fun but not really worth how much it costs these days.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Got a wonderswan crystal with the digimon fighting game. Next goal is to find a headphone adapter for it.

View attachment 52957

Devil Dice - just like the PS1 game
Mr Driller - addicting puzzler
Final Lap Special - formula and touring car with career modes.

I sold off all my RPG's, but Front Mission has full english menu's. It's probably the most playable RPG on the system.

fake

15 Year Member

View attachment 52957

Rhyme Rider was designed by the same game designer as Parappa (but a different artist from Parappa).

There's a half decent (by WS standards) Gundam SD shmup.