Post Your Recent Purchases!

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The RGB shit.

Right, cheers, I’m not across it. Guess I’ll trawl the main thread. I take it the device outputs RGB just fine and it’s some minor detail that is making the autists spazz out?

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Right, cheers, I’m not across it. Guess I’ll trawl the main thread. I take it the device outputs RGB just fine and it’s some minor detail that is making the autists spazz out?

Long story made short: Nearly everyone uses Retro Access RGB cables and these cables and others are creating video noise issues. There have been other issues reported, but this is the main thing bringing all the drama. Some have tried cheap ass Amazon cables and had better results but there still is video noise. People like Yodd are doing a ton of testing and trying to get to the bottom of the issue while others are losing their shit. There's also been some two-faced shit going on with some members saying one thing here and something totally opposite on the shmups forum. Rot has been watching it closely on both ends. NeoSD has been bombarded with questions and accusations. He's taking a break from both forums for a bit. Apparently he is making his own forums at some point too. Rot is watching over things while here as he takes his hiatus. There's tons more drama BS, but that's the shortened version.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
OK, thanks for the heads up. I wonder how my doujindance cable fares :keke:

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
20180122_220602.jpg

Got my HDMI to VGA converter and VGA adapter in. Finally going to try out my NOS CRT monitor with it this weekend. I'll put some pics up in the CRT Fetish thread once it is up and running. Thanks again Yodd for the recommendation :)

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
x7qHGAi.jpg

Gotta give it up to Jibbs. I was watching one of his videos, and the great memories I have of Batman Returns on SNES came back. I completely forgot about that game and never bought it, which I've since remedied. Just got it in this afternoon and had a blast taking turns playing the game with my son!

As for the N64 promo VHS, I was checking out a popular pawnshop here in P.E.I, part of checking out all the local fare since moving here, and came across this for cheap, and still brand new. I love promo materials, and this is a neat piece of video game history.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
As for the N64 promo VHS, I was checking out a popular pawnshop here in P.E.I, part of checking out all the local fare since moving here, and came across this for cheap, and still brand new. I love promo materials, and this is a neat piece of video game history.

Is that the one where Sony and Sega abduct Mario and torture him with a car battery? Those tapes were freaking nuts.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Dammit. I should get a kickback every time someone buys a game because of me. But yeah, Batman Returns is freaking awesome. Too bad you didn't get it like a month ago, because it has a great Christmas vibe.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
View attachment 48511

Got my HDMI to VGA converter and VGA adapter in. Finally going to try out my NOS CRT monitor with it this weekend. I'll put some pics up in the CRT Fetish thread once it is up and running. Thanks again Yodd for the recommendation :)

Sweet, what type of crt monitor is it?

Last edited:

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Long story made short: Nearly everyone uses Retro Access RGB cables and these cables and others are creating video noise issues. There have been other issues reported, but this is the main thing bringing all the drama. Some have tried cheap ass Amazon cables and had better results but there still is video noise. People like Yodd are doing a ton of testing and trying to get to the bottom of the issue while others are losing their shit. There's also been some two-faced shit going on with some members saying one thing here and something totally opposite on the shmups forum. Rot has been watching it closely on both ends. NeoSD has been bombarded with questions and accusations. He's taking a break from both forums for a bit. Apparently he is making his own forums at some point too. Rot is watching over things while here as he takes his hiatus. There's tons more drama BS, but that's the shortened version.

Yeah long story short, that’s completely wrong. Cables aren’t the issue at all.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Yeah long story short, that’s completely wrong. Cables aren’t the issue at all.

My mistake. What I should have said there is that there is something going on with the device causing these problems, but it doesn't seem to be pinned down to exactly what. I know a few are talking about the digital and analog grounds being tied together. I should have simply said that many people are having issues no matter what cables they are using.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Sweet, what type of crt monitor is it?

Here is a link to where I posted a pic on the CRT Fetish thread. I'm going to open it and hook it up through the OSSC 1.6 this weekend. I lucked out and found it for 5 bucks in a thrift store. It doesn't seem to be anything particularly special monitor wise, but any brand new CRT is definitely a rarity these days. I'll post some pics over there once I have it all set up. It will be interesting to see how it will look.

here

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
It's not related to gaming, but a book of Jason Edmiston. I think, it's the greatest illustrator/painter guys of horror and pop culture art of our time.

CPv3MPC.jpg

G14mS2b.jpg

e5HFaqv.jpg

mU4SPGc.jpg

5FKxgE6.jpg

Lukejaywalker23

Playa' From, Around The Way.,
Been chilling in my truck for 6-7 hours a day at work so I've been killing the GBA

Attachments

• IMG_20180124_173146.jpg
    IMG_20180124_173146.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 279