Post Your Recent Purchases!

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Rollergator.

Is that gator pr0n?

Oh shit.. it is insane. Has a ninja, a gator, roller skating girls, an evil carnival owner (Joe Estevez), a karate master, and best of all Conrad Brooks reprising his roll as the swamp farmer.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
-Support for it sucks if you have any problems

-RGB video doesn't have a buffer (aka an amp) which is both bad for your output device and video amp of your arcade board long term. Remember those chinamanese cmvs from aliexpress? Same problem. Slapping resistors and caps on the rgb lines of a scart cable and having rgb pots is not how you attenutate TTL shit.

-Made by the French

I guess if all you do is plug in a mvs 1 slot not much to lose. Anything else is asking for trouble, especially with how expensive some boards are. Don't take my word for it though. Just ask Xian Xi and others if this is good practice. You will also find some posts on shmups and arcade projects about the QUALITY of it as well if you don't believe me.

There is a reason properly made superguns like the HAS, JNX, Windy, and the upcoming Sentinel have proper amps for video and attenuation for sound.

Cheers :)

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
-Support for it sucks if you have any problems

-RGB video doesn't have a buffer (aka an amp) which is both bad for your output device and video amp of your arcade board long term. Remember those chinamanese cmvs from aliexpress? Same problem. Slapping resistors and caps on the rgb lines of a scart cable and having rgb pots is not how you attenutate TTL shit.

-Made by the French

I guess if all you do is plug in a mvs 1 slot not much to lose. Anything else is asking for trouble, especially with how expensive some boards are. Don't take my word for it though. Just ask Xian Xi and others if this is good practice. You will also find some posts on shmups and arcade projects about the QUALITY of it as well if you don't believe me.

There is a reason properly made superguns like the HAS, JNX, Windy, and the upcoming Sentinel have proper amps for video and attenuation for sound.

Thanks, never knew that bit about RGB! I do only use it for an mvs1 board but will check out the info.

embergabor

New Challenger
That Some Football game you know nothing about is International Super Star Soccer. Outside of SSK it's the best football game of that Gen. Shit, some might even say it's better than SSK.

Try finding a U.S version in great shape is damn near impossible. Most come like this.

I guess I'll just sell it for the price I bought the whole bundle for. I really don't care about football/soccer.

ISSD1.jpg

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I don't find how much I like a support in real life has a huge bearing on how much I enjoy a video game of the same sport.

Word. I'm not a huge baseball fan but I love me some Baseball Stars 2. Not a big golf fan but love some Neo Turf Masters. These games are super easy and fun to play even if you're not into that specific sport or sports in general.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Word. I'm not a huge baseball fan but I love me some Baseball Stars 2. Not a big golf fan but love some Neo Turf Masters. These games are super easy and fun to play even if you're not into that specific sport or sports in general.

If someone doesn't like NTM they don't like fun. Fact.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I think having good sim video games of your sport is actually pretty important for getting people into the sport. At the very least it makes you learn the player names and helps you know what the hell is going on if you ever see a game.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
My latest purchase.

She needs some TLC but ime planing on doing it all up nice.

1bcd1439e13a36ebc2bfac11a466ee2b.jpg

That's funny, because Site 4 isn't in Area 51.

embergabor

New Challenger
Super Mario World and Super Mario World 2 arrived for my SNES. I also got a fully wired RGB Scart cable. It had the wrong wiring, looks like NTSC Snes wiring with caps but it also had a cap between pin 16 and 18 (what's that for?). The result was that I got image for about a second or two and the image faded to black. I don't have 75Ohm resistors at home to create a proper PAL Snes Scart connector so I just desoldered the caps and wired RGB directly and also removed the other cap as well. Now I have RGB image, I don't know about the levels though. I'll make a proper connector when I'll have the parts for it.
IMG_0439k.jpgIMG_0446k.jpg

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
So I just finished paying for these. They have to be shipped from Japan still but I’m super exited about it. Once I get them here and cleaned up I’ll post more pics.

F7337851-6012-4D29-9AB4-72A5A15AD079.jpeg
D761E560-DE2A-4606-B14B-6503A26FEF9F.jpeg

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Super Mario World and Super Mario World 2 arrived for my SNES. I also got a fully wired RGB Scart cable. It had the wrong wiring, looks like NTSC Snes wiring with caps but it also had a cap between pin 16 and 18 (what's that for?). The result was that I got image for about a second or two and the image faded to black. I don't have 75Ohm resistors at home to create a proper PAL Snes Scart connector so I just desoldered the caps and wired RGB directly and also removed the other cap as well. Now I have RGB image, I don't know about the levels though. I'll make a proper connector when I'll have the parts for it.
View attachment 51571View attachment 51572

Uggh, why would you buy PAL versions? They run slower.