Post Your Recent Purchases!

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
I like the acrylic case idea, but I probably wouldn't want it unless it had a bit more ventilation or a way to install a cooling fan for better air circulation. Would be cool to have one for my ST-V board with that in mind, as well as a cut-out for the cartridges.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
I've thought of doing the same to some PCBs I have (not really that many) just because of how fiddly those things are. Sometimes they work fine, sometimes they have glitches, sometimes they just die and you got to send the board for repair etc. And this all while taking extreme care of them.

Agree that the CPS2 boards and in general boards that have some casing to them appear to be more reliable.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
I like the acrylic case idea

Recently, I was looking into that as well. Couldn't find a local place that would cut the acrylic for me, though. I mainly wanted something to protect my boards with suicide batteries, which have all of their guts exposed, like Gaelco games.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
1. Not living on the same continent as Joe8. ;)

neo-geo 2

Raiden's Valet
20170909_204129.jpg

Xv29

Picked up at a computer store

Should do 15khz rgb, vga looks ok, might need a cap kit

Last edited:

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Recently, I was looking into that as well. Couldn't find a local place that would cut the acrylic for me, though. I mainly wanted something to protect my boards with suicide batteries, which have all of their guts exposed, like Gaelco games.

Yeah, its something about bare PCBs that really freaks me out in all honesty. I feel like they could get damaged way too easily. It's something that really bugged me when I bought my ST-V board. Might have to just order from someone online to get the casing. I wonder if it would be easy to add a fan to decrease the risk of overheating...

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Wow!

it's been quite a week for pickups! ^_^'
Congratz to everyone.

@Raz - seu filho da arma :keke:

neo-geo 2

Raiden's Valet
20170910_214744.jpg20170910_214908.jpg

Scooped a 2 slot mvs for 157 dollars, and a working carrier air wing pcb in a z back cab for 90, and the sad pooyan that i paid too much for

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Not very exciting, but it was a bargain and I had wanted to pick up a 4k Blu Ray player anyway.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Not very exciting, but it was a bargain and I had wanted to pick up a 4k Blu Ray player anyway.

nice pick up, matt. i really enjoyed halo 5. one of the best games on the xbone imo.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
nice pick up, matt. i really enjoyed halo 5. one of the best games on the xbone imo.

I'm really looking forward to it. I've always really enjoyed the series. I think I am going to play through the series in order and save it for last. That lot cost me £140 and the console is brand new. I couldn't resist.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
I'm really looking forward to it. I've always really enjoyed the series. I think I am going to play through the series in order and save it for last. That lot cost me £140 and the console is brand new. I couldn't resist.

I was kinda upset about the lack of local multiplayer in Halo 5. The best part about Halo was being able to play together with friends in one room. I also fondly remember bringing my Xbox to my uncle's place for family gatherings and we'd have a LAN connection between the two Xboxes in different rooms. Was fun as shit, but now you don't see that nowadays. Good memories with Halo 1 and 2.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member

wow that really is a bargain. well done mate. those games you have there alone is probably worth £140. mine is a first model (big fat one) which came with the halo anniversary collection bundled in. it was bought last christmas for £250, which is the norm asking price.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
wow that really is a bargain. well done mate. those games you have there alone is probably worth £140. mine is a first model (big fat one) which came with the halo anniversary collection bundled in. it was bought last christmas for £250, which is the norm asking price.

Am I missing something? Halo 5 and Halo MC could be had new on amazon for $50. Sunset OD is a $10 dollar game new. I think the whole bundle with system wasn't a bad deal since the exchange over here would be around $185.

Not trying to shit on your gets Matt. Was just wondering if you got something special that I don't see.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Am I missing something? Halo 5 and Halo MC could be had new on amazon for $50. Sunset OD is a $10 dollar game new. I think the whole bundle with system wasn't a bad deal since the exchange over here would be around $185.

Not trying to shit on your gets Matt. Was just wondering if you got something special that I don't see.

It's probably not as cheap over in Europe as it is here.