Post Your Recent Purchases!

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Love that Wonder Boy/Monster World collection! I've wanted it for a long while... it's just too expensive on ebay. Haven't been able to find it anywhere else.

I'm also lov'in those beat up MVS carts! Glad you're giving them a good home. What's the 3rd one?

Here are some of my latest pickups:

View attachment 19490

omegasit

Crossed Swords Squire
Love that Wonder Boy/Monster World collection! I've wanted it for a long while... it's just too expensive on ebay. Haven't been able to find it anywhere else.

I'm also lov'in those beat up MVS carts! Glad you're giving them a good home. What's the 3rd one?

Samurai Showdown IV. I got lucky with the monster world collection, got it here on the forums as well as the 3 Neo games.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Nice galuda 2 platinum edition. One of the best cave ports on the 360. Tons of modes, nearly every one is worthwhile in its own way. I hope you played the first galuda, part 2 is a good deal more challenging. :vik:

omegasit

Crossed Swords Squire
Nice galuda 2 platinum edition. One of the best cave ports on the 360. Tons of modes, nearly every one is worthwhile in its own way. I hope you played the first galuda, part 2 is a good deal more challenging. :vik:

Ya, I have and played the first one on PS2 as well as some other shmups. Finally got around to picking this one up. Waiting on Mushihimesama PS2 to come in at the moment.

SuperMegaUltra

Geese's Thug
Normally, I avoid buying downloadable video games as I'd much rather purchase more physical media like cartridges and discs. That being said, I just picked up Garou: Mark Of The Wolves, KOF Sky Stage, Metal Slug 3, and NeoGeo Battle Coliseum for the Microsoft XBOX 360 at just $5.00 apiece. Even I'm impressed with that deal! ;)

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Recently did a trade with member XC-3730c for a this nice RAU-30 adapter and busted out some OBEY!

20141010_002834_zpsf1bodxwc.jpg

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
Finally I picked up some Saturn games:Pandemonium, Nights into Dreams, and Sonic 3-D Blast. They are all very fun and have unique gameplay that I never encountered before.

Gonzo

n00b
I finally got a Snes mini with Star Wars, Speedy Gonzales and Final Fight (a bit damage). Can't wait to do an RGB Mod on this sucka!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 249

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I finally got a Snes mini with Star Wars, Speedy Gonzales and Final Fight (a bit damage). Can't wait to do an RGB Mod on this sucka!

attachment.php

I'd say don't smoke pot and take pics at the same time yo :keke:

RoadBuster

Crossed Swords Squire
Finally finally found a PC-Engine CD setup that didn't break the bank. It needs to be cleaned up but it does work quite well!

4eom1EF.jpg

Also, even with just composite, it looks really nice!

JjBwpGV.jpg

The downside is that the wife says it's a Christmas present, so I don't really get to play with it until later, lol.

A buddy also gave me one of the RGB amps, so I'm going to install that and hook it to the PVM eventually.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Finally finally found a PC-Engine CD setup that didn't break the bank. It needs to be cleaned up but it does work quite well!

4eom1EF.jpg

Also, even with just composite, it looks really nice!

JjBwpGV.jpg

The downside is that the wife says it's a Christmas present, so I don't really get to play with it until later, lol.

A buddy also gave me one of the RGB amps, so I'm going to install that and hook it to the PVM eventually.
Nice man now give that pce the retrobrite treatment ;)

RoadBuster

Crossed Swords Squire
Congrats, how much is 'not breaking the bank' much?

$150 and $50 shipping. It's not in the picture, but it came with the box and OEM hookups. With the CD working, it was worth that to me.

@Tron

I'm really thinking about it.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
$150 and $50 shipping. It's not in the picture, but it came with the box and OEM hookups. With the CD working, it was worth that to me.

@Tron

I'm really thinking about it.

Just use creme developer 40. Works great but I dont recommend using it on dark color plastics...works amazing on white though.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member

Just as a tip, if you tap the RGB signals off of the 1chip, then use an amp (like broken's amp) to bring them up to proper levels, you get a slightly better picture than if you tap the signals off of the video encoder chip (which is the more common method because it's the easiest.)

Xionicist

NEST Puppet
Nice!

How's the monitor look? We're you able to test it out before stripping it down?

The monitor was very clean and surprisingly had no burn, but it needed a cap kit badly, as it had it's original caps. Just did one on Monday, and I'll fire it up next week once I get everything back in place.