Post Your Recent Purchases!

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Some forum and local pickups
f768788fe94b6cba9f366894ae3cfd99.jpg

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I burned the port to CD and I thought it was well done. There are some load times to deal with but nothing terrible.
The worst of it is playing with a Dreamcast controller. The game is hard enough as it is.

Who cares about load times? The frame rate is under 30fps compared to the original, which is a perfectly sharp 60. It's not only visually a disaster, but also affects the controls, which are sloppy because of that and the DC controller has nothing to do with it. Look, I hate to be a frame rate whore, but with Völgarr's demanding gameplay this technical issue is essential. Do you know how much work it means to render a game in 60 frames and how much faster a port is finished, if it isn't? Roughly six months to a year. A costly difference, and one that shows what to think of this port.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Who cares about load times? The frame rate is under 30fps compared to the original, which is a perfectly sharp 60. It's not only visually a disaster, but also affects the controls, which are sloppy because of that and the DC controller has nothing to do with it. Look, I hate to be a frame rate whore, but with Völgarr's demanding gameplay this technical issue is essential. Do you know how much work it means to render a game in 60 frames and how much faster a port is finished, if it isn't? Roughly six months to a year. A costly difference, and one that shows what to think of this port.

I agree, It's total shit. I burned a copy awhile back and was pissed that I wasted a perfectly good Taiyo Yuden disc on that turd. Game is choppy as fuck.

Volgarr is a cool game but avoid the DC version.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
It was worth dropping on my GDEMU and trying it for free. It’s not great, but I’m not going to bitch about a free game. Geez people.

embergabor

New Challenger
Trying out the Pandora's box with a CRT tonight. This Jamma->Scart adapter only outputs video but that should be fine. If the picture is nice I'll probably build another bartop cab with a 14" crt inside it. If not, well, at least I will capture the output using an ossc and compare it to the vga just for the heck of it.
IMG_0032k.jpg

NERDtendo

Igniz's Servent
10 Year Member
Trying out the Pandora's box with a CRT tonight. This Jamma->Scart adapter only outputs video but that should be fine. If the picture is nice I'll probably build another bartop cab with a 14" crt inside it. If not, well, at least I will capture the output using an ossc and compare it to the vga just for the heck of it.
View attachment 54443

I’m very interested to see what you think of this. I have been eyeballing it for a long time, but just never was able to pull the trigger. I always thought it would be a good use in the gameroom.

embergabor

New Challenger
I’m very interested to see what you think of this. I have been eyeballing it for a long time, but just never was able to pull the trigger. I always thought it would be a good use in the gameroom.

Just tried this and I can say that the image on a 14" CRT is tack sharp. I need to check it with the ossc but it looks proper 240p or 224p, the picture is stable but at least on one of my crts the image is offset to the left with a big black bar on the right. I will try this on another crt to verify if it is caused by the tv or the Pandora. I really like the contrast of the crt compared to my old tft in the current bartop. If I can solve the centering (probably need to figure out how to access the service menu) then I'll definitely build a new cab. Keep in mind that the tearing of the Pandora's Box is apparent on both CGA and VGA output modes.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yours is probably newer than the one I had, but my old Pandora 3 was not centered either, I had a solid one inch black bar on the left. On a cab this doesn't matter so much since you can make adjustments, but I'm not about to adjust my Trinitron.

ChopstickSamurai

Yours is probably newer than the one I had, but my old Pandora 3 was not centered either, I had a solid one inch black bar on the left. On a cab this doesn't matter so much since you can make adjustments, but I'm not about to adjust my Trinitron.

I have this problem with various PCB’s on my Supergun. The PVM monitor I have is an older model with no OSD, so you have to open the case to make adjustments which is a major pain in the ass.

I picked up one of these from AliExpress for adjusting the image and it works great:

US $28 | New Arrival Adjustment of picture position Converter Adjustable converting board connect to any JAMMA for adjust Image Position

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ccYSEzM4

Last edited:

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I have this problem with various PCB’s on my Supergun. The PVM monitor I have is an older model with no OSD, so you have to open the case to make adjustments which is a major pain in the ass.

I picked up one of these from AliExpress for adjusting the image and it works great:

US $28 | New Arrival Adjustment of picture position Converter Adjustable converting board connect to any JAMMA for adjust Image Position

Huh. Good to know this exists.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member

How come can't I find a single damn video of that thing?

ChopstickSamurai

How come can't I find a single damn video of that thing?

If I have time later this weekend I could maybe shoot a quick and dirty one on my phone. It’s pretty no nonsense though. Just a power button and two pots.

I spent way too much time and money trying to do the same thing with an Extron unit when I stumbled upon this thing.

43c5edb56743b27a85fd2f68361b3d51.jpg

49a852fc4c24dc0ccf96f0a4c96fee99.jpg

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Size would've been nice. My supergun and TV combo usually displays the game beyond the borders of the TV.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Thrift store pickup of an old PC CRT.

Decided to try it out (via VGA) with one of those Pandora units. Nice crisp image.

RaybgN8.jpg