Post Your Recent Purchases!

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I have so much stuff backlogged to take pics of... gotta move the dungeon before I'll have much time tho.

embergabor

New Challenger
I ordered a Super Famicom from Japan (hopefully its 60Hz output will be compatible with my display), it is still on route but in the meantime I got me some cheap but neat sfc carts. The first to arrive was Kirby Superstar Deluxe. I need to get some contact cleaner because it took me a good half an hour to get it to work. Also it won't start at all with the lockout chip disabled on the Pal Snes. Need to start it in 60Hz and switch it over to 50Hz. Pal games are ridiculously expensive compared to Super Famicom games so I'll get more Japanese carts even if I can just use the Super Everdrive to play them. I love the artwork on them.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
The sealed Voodoo store, duh.

giphy.gif

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Got some more Shockboxes and inserts for my MVS stuff. Debating on touching up my Windjammers insert more. I need to find a nice bookshelf that’ll hold them all - any leads? I saw an old thread for some IKEA ones before but that’s been discontinued now

832a683cd03102762e937b9144f60eab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Sell that Famicom and NES garbage and get an everdrive.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
The lighting really sets the mood. Turn on some Marvin Gaye, chill the bubbly, and you have the beginning of a fantastic evening

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
Sell that Famicom and NES garbage and get an everdrive.

I have an Everdrive for all my consoles.

your shelf would hold more carts if you didn't have the cases slanted like that

The shelf is only about half the depth of a shockbox. I used to have them flush against the wall but i've accumulated more than will fit on the top of it. Currently angling them is the only way I can actually fit them.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Bought these at a local game swap yesterday.

Managed a trade for Bare Knuckle 3.

SMSALF.jpg

Got some more Shockboxes and inserts for my MVS stuff. Debating on touching up my Windjammers insert more. I need to find a nice bookshelf that’ll hold them all - any leads? I saw an old thread for some IKEA ones before but that’s been discontinued now

I'm still a big fan of Shockboxes. They look great.

Check out the HEMNES Bookshelf from Ikea. Cost a lot more than pressboard but it's not complete junk. Still not high-end, but pretty good.

Here's how Shockboxes look in a HEMNES Bookshelf:

neo-geo-collection-2017.jpg

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Speaking of computer nerddom, the last decent PC I had was an Athlon something or another years and years ago, and I've been trucking on a POS emachine for the past decade. With the price of most computer parts aside from ram and video cards being really cheap, I decided to put together a nice little budget build using a cheapass Ryzen processor. Then last Saturday I stayed up too late, was browsing ebay and perhaps mistakes were made, but I have a RX 580 video card on the way. It doesn't appear to be a mining rig's bitch, so fingers crossed.

maxresdefault.jpg

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I'm still a big fan of Shockboxes. They look great.

Check out the HEMNES Bookshelf from Ikea. Cost a lot more than pressboard but it's not complete junk. Still not high-end, but pretty good.

Here's how Shockboxes look in a HEMNES Bookshelf:

neo-geo-collection-2017.jpg

The Billy bookshelves are awesome as well.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Got a bunch of crap lately:

p2dqRCA.jpg

I'm a fan of Arkanoid, and have been playing the Famicom version with the Vaus controller. But Arkanoid II is a far superior game to the first one.

The SNES mouse is my second one, which I'm going to hack to attach a proper spinner for Arkanoid: Doh it Again! (snes exclusive that you can use the Mario Paint mouse on). Still working out the technicalities of hooking up the optic board of the arcade spinner to the data lines of the mouse's optic circuitry.

Also I've been getting into the NES's 4-Score supported games lately, and was able to get Super Off Road, Gauntlet II, and Smash TV for cheap. Smash TV with 4 controllers, 2x per player for dual-stick shooting is actually pretty decent to play with. Super Off Road supports 4 players, as oppose to the nicer looking SNES version that only supports 3.