Post Your Recent Purchases!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
most of the places with a plentiful supply are in socal, which is 6 hours from where I live plus it was only 450 dollars and I don't mind fixing it, I like having little projects, I've already cleaned up most of the dirt and am going to give it a new coat of paint, it'll look brand new when I'm done with it

Aero Cities are very easy to work with, you should be able to bring that back to its former glory. Egay has CPs, a bit pricey but just as much as River Service anyway, plus they come harnessed and the works. The decals is an easy fix too, just recreate them, I didn't have to so I never bothered, but it's an easy task, then have them printed. Glass, easy fix, rewire from scratch if the harness got fucked. Aero Cities have a funky Edge connector that goes to jamma, mind as well part with all that shenanigans. If the monitor is no good, any 25" US monitor will fit with a little modding.

DZ & I got 2 Aeros in rough shape, we turned them around. He has both of them now, we traded but that's another story.

NoAffinity

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Aero decals here, just get them printed:

http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_Aero_City#Artwork

And my 1L7B from RS came fully wired with CPS-1 kick harness, fully plug and play for the Aero cab. The wiring, harness etc was included with the 2L12B panel, but obviously not wired up since I got it unpopulated. This might also be true for any you find on egay, but I was very pleased with what I got from RS.

I also got replacement carriage bolts from them for the stick/button panel to attach to the surround. I think they were like $5, I figured it would cost me more in time and paint to restore the originals.

Last edited:

ULTRA 4TH GEN

Armored Scrum Object
img1488280609137.jpg

img1488291634465.jpg

One of the games that built my love for the Super Nintendo. One of the games that has always racked up thousands of followers and very notorious innovations since its creation. I love the european boxes from Konami. This one is the version of Spain.

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
..One of the games that has always racked up thousands of followers and very notorious innovations since its creation..

It is a good game but isn't this little too much? Also I remembered that the feedback in 92-93 was more like aaaah WTF Konami new Turtles game. Turtles are like so last season etc.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
It is a good game but isn't this little too much? Also I remembered that the feedback in 92-93 was more like aaaah WTF Konami new Turtles game. Turtles are like so last season etc.

The picture watermarking is little much as well.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Got a super sweet Sankyo Macross Fever Pachinko machine. The thing is pretty amazing as far as pachinko machines go... there's a physical robot that transforms along with other moving parts, a flight stick style joystick for certain mini games, it blows air in your face for certain explosions, endless Macross footage (they actually released a DVD for it which I have too), etc etc.

I actually bought one of these several years ago, but it was smashed to bits in the metal shipping container due to a storm in the Pacific. The dealer tried searching for a year for another but couldn't find one so I just got a refund. For years I've had a saved eBay search and one finally appeared. I BIN'ed it so fast even the seller messaged me about how he had just listed it and I already snapped it up, haha. It took this dealer about 6 months to find this one since the last one he sold. Long story short, these are hard to come by and coveted by hardcore Macross fans. Pretty darn happy to finally have it. It's been getting a ton of play in the house and not just by me haha.

Some footage I took, although there's a ton of other videos on youtube mainly showing the cut scenes.

Image00003_zpsy526rbgc.jpg~original

Image00004_zpsmtc747mn.jpg~original

Some other recent items...

Another guy I've been after for years and finally found a good deal on, the 1/35 scale Jumbo Grade Zeta Gundam! This guy is a beast and even transforms! SFC game for size reference.

Image00007_zpsonkjk5lj.jpg~original

Image00002_zps9mbpds9b.jpg~original

Some custom metal signs I had made

Image00008_zpsilgvlzry.jpg~original

Image00001_zpsrjl6dkmt.jpg~original

Got another Gradius Jacket, this time dark blue denim for the main body and Gradius shoes!!!?!! Haha

Image00006_zps2vkfjanl.jpg~original

Image00005_zps8n9gcbmz.jpg~original

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
img1488280609137.jpg

img1488291634465.jpg

One of the games that built my love for the Super Nintendo. One of the games that has always racked up thousands of followers and very notorious innovations since its creation. I love the european boxes from Konami. This one is the version of Spain.

What's with the watermarks?

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Today I bought a DVD tower for my MVS carts. They fit perfectly. I have 6 carts (plus one in the 1 slot), but I think I can get 10 in there if needed. I also bought a glossy foldable box for my ESP.Ra.De. After accounting for bubble wrap, that fits great too.

O_O I want that Zeta. And the RX-78.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Aero Cities are very easy to work with, you should be able to bring that back to its former glory. Egay has CPs, a bit pricey but just as much as River Service anyway, plus they come harnessed and the works. The decals is an easy fix too, just recreate them, I didn't have to so I never bothered, but it's an easy task, then have them printed. Glass, easy fix, rewire from scratch if the harness got fucked. Aero Cities have a funky Edge connector that goes to jamma, mind as well part with all that shenanigans. If the monitor is no good, any 25" US monitor will fit with a little modding.

DZ & I got 2 Aeros in rough shape, we turned them around. He has both of them now, we traded but that's another story.

Yeah, I'm really going to enjoy restoring it, I'm almost done giving it a new coat of paint to cover up all the dings to the original paint job, I'm also calling the local printers tomorrow to see if they can print me a new set of art, and I'm in the process of figuring the wiring out, Arcade otaku's wiki has been a huge help for all the files and manuals I need, at this point it looks like the Jamma in there will work ok without me having to fully rewire the cabinet I basically just need to go out to the garage with the wiring diagram and trace the cables to the CP while seperately wiring in the second player controls, after that I'm going to pick up a JNX adapter and kick harness and throw a pandoras box in the thing so I can cheaply play all the capcom beat em ups I want, the only thing I can't figure out is maybe replacing the Aero city sign which as I mentioned was cracked in two places, right now it's being held together poorly by some glue I used, I haven't even figured out how I would go about removing the cracked sign let alone replacing it, it looked like some parts of it were bolted in and other parts weren't? I'd be able to get a better look if I knew how to remove the light fixture

Last edited:

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
Got a super sweet Sankyo Macross Fever Pachinko machine. The thing is pretty amazing as far as pachinko machines go... there's a physical robot that transforms along with other moving parts, a flight stick style joystick for certain mini games, it blows air in your face for certain explosions, endless Macross footage (they actually released a DVD for it which I have too), etc etc.

I actually bought one of these several years ago, but it was smashed to bits in the metal shipping container due to a storm in the Pacific. The dealer tried searching for a year for another but couldn't find one so I just got a refund. For years I've had a saved eBay search and one finally appeared. I BIN'ed it so fast even the seller messaged me about how he had just listed it and I already snapped it up, haha. It took this dealer about 6 months to find this one since the last one he sold. Long story short, these are hard to come by and coveted by hardcore Macross fans. Pretty darn happy to finally have it. It's been getting a ton of play in the house and not just by me haha.
That Macross Pachinko machine is sick as fuck

ULTRA 4TH GEN

Armored Scrum Object

It made extensive use of the SNES's Mode 7 forward scrolling effect in the "Neon Night-Riders" level. It also featured the option to give each turtle a unique skin tone. Most memorably, the throw move involved Foot Soldiers being thrown directly at, and hitting, the screen. The first fight with Shredder in the Technodrome level was added and requires the player to hit a foreground Shredder with the throw move.

All of this made it an excellent game. One of the best games of the console, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
The Boy and the Beast <3
Loved that movie, animation is superb. Small details as the sword vibration when they both hit and such makes it even greater

NoAffinity

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Had to open up the 5200 and change that RF coaxial cable to one that would fit our TV's over here. But otherwise the console works fine.

ymy7nlg.jpg

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Had to open up the 5200 and change that RF coaxial cable to one that would fit our TV's over here. But otherwise the console works fine.

ymy7nlg.jpg

I had to buy the "fixed" flex circuit boards to get my controllers to work...

There is a really good game on the 5200 called space dungeon that uses 2 controllers and a little board to hold the controllers. Twin stick shooter. Good game.

Dominance9

Pleasure Goal
I had to buy the "fixed" flex circuit boards to get my controllers to work...

There is a really good game on the 5200 called space dungeon that uses 2 controllers and a little board to hold the controllers. Twin stick shooter. Good game.

Whats the advantage of the 5200? over say the 7800?