Post Your Recent Purchases!

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Not to sound like Metal Jeebus, but Puzzle Mushihimetama is a hidden gem IMO.[/QUOTE]

It's great and one of only a few PCB's I ever actively sought out. As much as I like it, I think Uo Poko is better.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
It's great and one of only a few PCB's I ever actively sought out. As much as I like it, I think Uo Poko is better.

It’s not worth eBay prices, that’s for damn sure. I got mine for $175, and play Uo Poko more often.

There’s two ‘tama on eBay right now, one for $1100 and one for $1600.

This hobby has jumped the shark, for reals.

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Bought this Combo AV EX++ supergun. I haven't had time to play around with it very much yet.

Here's an album with a few additional pictures: https://imgur.com/a/0gugkiU

r0q597p.jpg

GggXI3X.jpg

wlbRyRV.jpg

aaoamMA.jpg

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
hubba hubba Digmac - nice scoops!
Thanks man! I appreciate it.

I think Mushitama and Uo Poko are two very solid and notably underrated puzzle games. I personally like the theme and gameplay a little better on Mushitama, but what do you prefer about Uo Poko?

It’s not worth eBay prices, that’s for damn sure. I got mine for $175, and play Uo Poko more often.

There’s two ‘tama on eBay right now, one for $1100 and one for $1600.

This hobby has jumped the shark, for reals.
Yeah, those listings are crack price, and the sellers likely don't have the items in hand. If you look at that one for $1129, someone was actually nutty enough to buy one at that price back in May of 2019. The Japanese shops are a good chunk under $1000, so that buyer got had.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I think it's probably the theme and relative visual simplicity in Uo Poko that leads me to prefer it. For some reason I always go back to Uo Poko over Mushihimetama, and I can't really put my finger on why since I don't really remember too many gameplay differences (it's been several years since I put in Mushihimetama).

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
I think it's probably the theme and relative visual simplicity in Uo Poko that leads me to prefer it. For some reason I always go back to Uo Poko over Mushihimetama, and I can't really put my finger on why since I don't really remember too many gameplay differences (it's been several years since I put in Mushihimetama).

For sure, I can understand that. The differences from Uo Poko that I like are the boss battles and not having to clear every ball from the play field, only clearing enough to free the bug.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Bought this Combo AV EX++ supergun. I haven't had time to play around with it very much yet.

Here's an album with a few additional pictures: https://imgur.com/a/0gugkiU

r0q597p.jpg

GggXI3X.jpg

wlbRyRV.jpg

aaoamMA.jpg

Always been curious to know what the HDMI video quality is like on these SG's. Since some arcade boards have weird refresh rates I could only see the HDMI video output being a problem. That was always the appealing thing about the Combo's though.

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Always been curious to know what the HDMI video quality is like on these SG's. Since some arcade boards have weird refresh rates I could only see the HDMI video output being a problem. That was always the appealing thing about the Combo's though.

The VGA board model is GBS 8220 V3.0 (2010.08.24) and looks like you can buy it on Amazon. The VGA to HDMI convertor model is HWH-VGA004. The only thing I can find online related is HWH-2058 which seems to be sold as a CCTV convertor. The HDMI convertor has its own dedicated power switch, for some reason.

I'll see if I can capture some video from the HDMI out, and then also from the VGA out through an OSSC.

To me, the build quality feels very solid. I did have to tighten a few quick disconnects on the player buttons, and tighten a nut to keep the volume adjustment knob from rotating the parts side inside. Feels pretty good so far.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Finally got my order from Estarland in uggh lost money order but they finally located it. Anyway got one of the Retro Fighters DC striker controller & Dreamcast VGA cables from them. I love the controller so far, i had to mill down the tabs in vmu slot because of the death grip it had on it. VGA cable is incredible first time seeing the Dreamcast in hd looks absolutely incredible.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Those Gonbes converter suck ass if you care about input lag. 33ms of lag aka 2 frames unless it has custom firmware (which seems to be around one frame). And that is before it even gets to your tv. If playing on a flat panel you might as well emulate using groovymame as you would get better results.

I was never impressed with the picture quality of these vs raw rgb capture. However where this chinamanese device shines at is 240p/480i resolution changes. Flat panels get destroyed by those with signal cutouts.

Nice case and button spacing though.

Last edited:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Those Gonbes converter suck ass if you care about input lag. 33ms of lag aka 2 frames unless it has custom firmware (which seems to be around one frame). And that is before it even gets to your tv. If playing on a flat panel you might as well emulate using groovymame as you would get better results.

I was never impressed with the picture quality of these vs raw rgb capture. However where this chinamanese device shines at is 240p/480i resolution changes. Flat panels get destroyed by those with signal cutouts.

Nice case and button spacing though.

Solid <1 frame lag is fucking impressive, I don't know what you're on about... a Samsung Q80T (and its budget brother the Q60T) 4K tv for example has 10ms lag in 1080p game mode (aka 1 frame rounding up). Yeah of course a PVM or arcade tube is gonna have the least amount of lag possible and beat all this chinesium gadgetry in every conceivable way, but <2 frames is hardly a deal breaker unless you're some uber pro fightan esports dude. How often do you have someone that knows how to play KOF in your home for a vs. match? Be honest :lolz:

It's a cheap ass device compared to the big tymer ones, but for the price I can tolerate its idiosyncrasies, including the somewhat noisy output, the seam line that sometimes appear on screen, or how it hates my neo cd for some reason (both latter issues are solved by cutting my cable's sync line on and off and letting the device resync. only have to do this once per session). That's another advantage, besides the resolution change handling which is great for PS1.

The GBS unmodded sucks dick though. You should try the gbscontrol mod out, beigemore, these are cheap enough that you can buy another one + the mod hardware to try it out isolated, before putting it into the supergun if you like it.

Last edited:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Input lag is cumulative though like I stated. This includes your upscaler (GBS, and then the VGA to HDMI), controller, and then your tv.So by your example standard gbs is 33 ms, your tv is 10.1, controller is 0 if directly wired (PS4 controller is 4ms). I am also assuming the vga to hdmi converter is lagless (it probably isn't) so you could easily push 3 frames if using a controller with a gbs unmodded or the vga to hdmi adapter has lag. Modding it is definitely the way to go since 1 frame is pretty good for how cheap it is.

But yeah if you have any muscle memory on a CRT setup playing anything timing sensitive can definitely throw you off. This is especially true for rhythm games or platformers with tight timings. It can make playing them feel like playing underwater. It isn't exclusive to being a fighting game fagger imo.

Even though it doesn't seem like it every frame of lag can impact your performance. It can definitely impact those one credit clears, speedrun faggotry, or just trying to clear that nintendo hard game. Not saying you can't do that shit with lag just that the experience will be overall harder.

With the mod though it is a decent device for the price if you do the custom firmware. To me though I just don't see the point in playing real arcade hardware with added input lag. Once you get to 1-2 frames of lag groovymame is the better answer on a flat panel with frame delay for sure.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Another Suruga-ya gamble, listed as being sun faded but no idea how badly because they never have an actual item picture or proper description. Turns out not much at all! Was $160 instead of the regular $220+

PXL-20210302-090025014-MP.jpg

PXL-20210302-090036745.jpg

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Another Suruga-ya gamble, listed as being sun faded but no idea how badly because they never have an actual item picture or proper description. Turns out not much at all! Was $160 instead of the regular $220+

PXL-20210302-090025014-MP.jpg

PXL-20210302-090036745.jpg

Hot! I’m hesitant to order from them since they never had pictures, but it paid off for you.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Nice scoops guys.

I myself have a huuuuge parcel stuck in the freakin' customs for over a month already... 49 games of all sorts (switch, famicom, aes, sms, etc). Cant wait to put my hands on it.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Good stuff beigemore, I want to cop a Parodius board someday.
Recently met a really cool dude locally, and got a steal on some PCBs today

Raiden Fighters Jet, the non-2000 "good" single board revision with original yamaha audio (needs a good cleanin'). Didn't know this existed
rfj.jpg

Rally Bike, finally some Toaplan:
rally bike.jpg