Post Your Recent Purchases!

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
I'm sure you already know, but Arrow just released a new transfer of Basket Case on bluray (got my copy with a Belial enamel pin the other day) and then of course there's the old region free UK steelbook bluray of the whole trilogy. Speaking of Arrow and Frank Henenlotter movies, they've also released a bluray of Frankenhooker (Region B) and Brain Damage (Region Free)

https://www.amazon.com/Basket-Limit...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=5EQWW1XF1CWD18B5NG82

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Fat$tacks if you see I Drink Your Blood around, I think you'd enjoy it. Satanic hippies, rabies and LSD.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
HORI Fighting Stick Neo II (HNS-08)

0MgevOF.jpg

ByBUCuU.jpg

BBYfSdy.jpg

-SD-

Camel Slug
I used to have a FSN, it had red Start and Select buttons... other than that are there any technical differences between the two versions?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I used to have a FSN, it had red Start and Select buttons... other than that are there any technical differences between the two versions?

I own both and never noticed a difference. I've had them modded with better sticks and buttons but the original stick and buttons aren't bad.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Second edition is a "revised version", but nothing more and nothing less.. I have never see the difference.
But both are really amazing stick

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
western covers always looked shit.

I visited a site once that noted and showed by way of side by side comparisons where the "inspiration" art that many covers were based on originated from.

Many of the covers were simply either copies of earlier fantasy arts or based on movie photos, including some of the most iconic of game covers.

It was a bit deflating realizing that many of the at least vaguely interesting game covers I had grown up with were just quickly thrown together copies of other works dashed out by workmen artists trying to make deadlines who probably simply didn't care about originality or the subject matter at hand.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I visited a site once that noted and showed by way of side by side comparisons where the "inspiration" art that many covers were based on originated from.

Many of the covers were simply either copies of earlier fantasy arts or based on movie photos, including some of the most iconic of game covers.

It was a bit deflating realizing that many of the at least vaguely interesting game covers I had grown up with were just quickly thrown together copies of other works dashed out by workmen artists trying to make deadlines who probably simply didn't care about originality or the subject matter at hand.

i won't say they were quickly put together or the artist didn't care. in the 80's and early 90's it was just believed that westerners wouldn't show any interest in the original japanese anime/cartooney art. so the artists had to re-do the covers by taking inspiration from what was popular at the time such as movie images from arnie and stallone films or from other fantasy art.

Lovergoat

, KING of GOATs, Greatest of all time...
So I was quite taken with the ACA ports right up until 98 with the vocals and static dropped from the intro. Recently bought my five year old a 2DS to get her of the damned touch screen tablets and a Switch to play with her Mum. We had been playing the ACA ports together for a few weeks and decided to drop back in. Got a home console with two sticks and a few games, so far AOF2, FF3, SS3, KOF94 and KOF98 have arrived the console sticks and RBFF, KOF96 and SS2 are held up in customs and could be for a few weeks :crying:

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Finally received my Bayonetta Non-Stop Climax edition.

Nice! I got the first one on the 360, then bought a double-pack for the Wii U to play them both again in order. I'll be skipping Switch re-releases, but I'm curious about the upgrades. Anything of note that's been added in these versions?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
You can play multiplayer local and better frame rate. There may be more stuff changed, but I haven't looked into it other than that.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Virtua Fighter 2, such a cool Saturn game. Some tight pickups on the last page or so, well jelly of that Bayo set and Ninja Masters. Congrats!

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
That sticker is there because it means it was tested by the op/shop it came from and was working. Seems to be very common on SSVS carts, not so much on other carts.

My SSVS also had that sticker and I've had another cart or two with it. But the majority of the jp carts I have didn't have it. Possibly as it's not super sticky and most of the jp carts I have are older releases and I'm sure that those stickers have fallen off over time. The one on my SSVS for example was barely hanging on (took it off when I cleaned it up as it was... smokey). I can't recall wat other carts I have that had it, but I think they were also later releases. Think my Matrimelee mighta been another one...
Thanks for answering that question. My copy of SSVS had that sticker and at first I thought it meant that it was the fixed version of the game.